Closed to new replies
January 22, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 168

Murder Stigma - alienated from society?

:iconpuzzledheartbox:
PuzzledHeartBox Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013
A man aged +/- 25 who killed his ex-girlfriend in a passionate argument that went out of control, served his time but during his time he fell in love with a female warden.
They start dating and become a couple – even after his release from prison, though the warden has a daughter.
Her mother and her best friend do not agree and “force” the woman to break up with him and giving up on her love, trying to forget him because, HE IS A MURDERER. The woman tries to forget him, but stays stuck between emotions.
Eventually her daughter gets to know the fact he was a convict and killed his ex-girlfriend, yet the girl(Innocence of a child?) says that her mother should pursue her romance instead of living a sad and depressing life without him.
After a few months she goes back to him, and she’s once again happy – though loses her best friend in the process cause she was opposed to the relation due to the “murder-stigma” he carries with him.
Her mother eventually agree with her daughter and gives them her blessing.

:bulletgreen:What’s your though on this “murder stigma” that runs deep in our society?
:bulletgreen:Could you give someone like that a second chance, do they deserve a second chance?
:bulletgreen:Are they allowed to have a new romance after accidentally killing their previous one?
:bulletgreen:I’m well aware I looked at it from a romantic point of view – but what about reintegration into society? Should they forever carry the brand? The Stigma?

*Note : this should not be a discussion about death penalty or religious justice – it’s purely meant to discuss the possibilities/difficulties of social reintegration.

Devious Comments

:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:lock: OP request
:icondutchconnaisseur:
DutchConnaisseur Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
She is selfish egoistical moron for:
-Falling in love with an inmate (relationships between staff and inmates are forbidden)
-Putting not only herself but also her daughter near an ex-killer who lacks self control
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Love is bananas.
Gwen Stefani, is that you :roll:
:iconkittylevin:
KittyLevin Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Well, it's not smart to be in a relationship with a murderer, because the sort of person who commits one murder is likely to do it again, on purpose or by accident. He/she probably has mental issues of some kind.

That said, every case is different, and I have no problem with the basic concept of someone falling in love with a murderer.

#crimeandpunishment
You have a valid point, and I'm glad you'd not just call it black/white.
There is indeed a very large grey area depending on circumstances, mental health and much more.
:iconfantasylover103:
fantasylover103 Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Well, love is love. If she loves him, it's fine. If she loves him and she realizes that he was
playing her, scars will heal.
I agree, but is it right for society to judge her for being in love?
:iconfantasylover103:
fantasylover103 Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Depends on what you mean by society. On this forum, or in real life?

IN REAL LIFE: No, it is not okay for them to judge her at all. It is her choice, and hers only. If they can't get over that fact, then they must forgive their loved ones easily, showing that they are not very good friends/relations/whatever.

ON THIS FORUM: Well, the word "judge" is kind of a harsh word. Think of it as an opinion. You posted this forum, and all forums get haters. It's natural, trust me.
Of course I mean real life.

I'm well aware of the "haters" - I'm a big forumer(17k+ posts).
I like a discussion, just not when it's too narrow-minded.
Add a Comment: