Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 20, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 104

Buddhism? A way to evade the distractions?

:iconconstancelea:
constancelea Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
This practice is something that's interested me for a very long time now, Eastern religion in general always stands out to me, but with as much as I've learned I've gathered Buddhism focuses on trying to better humanity, focus on the here and now rather than the past. I find their ideas very fascinating because they don't fall victim to distractions by distractions. (Thank you, T.S. Eliot)

I attended a while ago a Buddhist Temple for one of their sessions, and the Monk discussed that anyone can be Buddhist. Well, that is to say that if you feel the concept- the idea within, than it is what you can become. Although always beneficial, you never have to go completely the path as the monks teach and feel any less their ideas than what they do. I found it very comforting I could have the freedom to still be who I am but claim ownership to some idea of facing the world.

Are there practicing Buddhists around that would like to give a little input? I know my ideas on this topic are not most accurate at all, so any clarity on the subject to help spread the idea is completely welcome and helpful! :)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconinfernus8sit4amet6:
infernus8sit4amet6 Featured By Owner Mar 18, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
:p
constancelea Featured By Owner Mar 18, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Haha, thank you for the bump. :nod:
:iconsiegeonthorstadt:
siegeonthorstadt Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013
its not as amazing as it looks from a distance. there are bigots in every religion. i remember that one european woman who shaved her head and moved into a Budhist temple in Thailand. after 15 years of solitude and devotion, she asked something to the monk and he replied with something that i forgot now and that made her suddenly realize "what the hell? i have 2 children at home. a husband that i neglected. what am i doing here alone? throwing away my family and womanhood?"

she was not allowed to take any of her possessions while moving in to the temple and leave behind all her distractions, including family, so that she could focus on meditating to reach nirvana, even though she would never reach nirvana because women monks are not allowed the title of nirvana in the Budhist order.

Budha himself never said this though. its the monks that have collected all the lore and wrote their own texts as if they were in the context of Budhism itself who wrote that stupid rule. like in every other religion, best is to study the core of it rather than the surrounding cloud of enthusiasm.
constancelea Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Well, she didn't have to leave her family. It would help your argument if you remembered what the Monk said to her exactly that made her realize she went too far in Buddhism.

I myself am too passionate of a person to take Buddhism to that level. There are things I enjoy doing too much and I'm perfectly content with not being a Monk. I think most cases with taking that sort of route to Buddhism is for those that are either raised in it or have a different outlook on life than what you or me, or that mother had. But that's what I enjoy about Buddhism is you don't HAVE to give up everything you love to consider yourself a Buddhist. Buddhism really is non-objective and non-judgmental and that's why it just clicks with me. A monk here in Buffalo told me you can be anything you want and if you just practice being a good person and try to expel good feelings towards others and just maintain a more level-head towards life, you can be Buddhist in very simple terms. That's what it's all about.

Sure, there are those out there that occasionally ruin the name with their personal mistakes, that's humanity and religion in general, but it doesn't reflect what Buddhism really is at its core.
siegeonthorstadt Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013
oh im not arguing really :)
constancelea Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Aw, no worries. :D I mean, of course nothing in this world is perfect, and that is okay, too. :nod: There's just a lot of focus on humanity and extending that idea towards others and that is my main attraction to it. :giggle:
siegeonthorstadt Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013
maybe you like Sufism too, its greatly influenced by Buddhism.

"Either seem as you are
Or be as you seem

Come, come again, whoever you are, come!
Heathen, fire worshipper or idolatrous, come!
Come even if you broke your penitence a hundred times,
Ours is the portal of hope, come as you are."

[link]
[link]
constancelea Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Ooo, I actually don't know much about Sufism at all. :) What can you tell me about it? It was influenced by Buddhism?
siegeonthorstadt Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013
oh i could write a novel about it. briefly a Sufi aims to pass the boundries of earthly distractions and flesh limits trough personal mastery and spiritual evolution, hoping to reach to God trough transcendence.

when persia massively converted to Islam, they have interpreted the teachings trough shivaism and Buddhism, especially in the khorasan where many of these teachings have literally crossed. but it doesnt mean that Sufis are more like Buddhist than Muslim, its not an integration of teachings but more like a revolutionary synthesis or chemical reaction of them all. they have common things like reincarnation, spiritual existence, immaterial perception, shapeshifting, observe-first philosophy etc.

generally it comes from the root which means covered/people who wear wool. theyre also famous for using wooden swords.

it has influenced the general culture all over. the humbleness it has inflicted the people with in the geography has often been mistaken by the non-catholic Christian population with inferiority complex. but thats not true. it has influenced a very wide range of literature and music and scientific (like Hayyam) branches, even creating its of literature branch in several different countries.

"What you call human is a collection of energy,
You see in this world what you want to see.
If you want to see roses,
World turns into a rose garden.
If you want to see the thorns,
The world turns into a thorn garden."

Sufism influenced modern music:

[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]
constancelea Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
So do they have an idea of the afterlife? Do they believe in a God or a level of Heaven after they die?
(1 Reply)
:iconyourdoom243:
yourdoom243 Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Professional Writer
Buddhism is a reform of Hinduism, and I prefer Advaita Vedanta/Jnana Yoga over Buddhism which comes from Hinduism. The traditional goal of yoga and meditation is "samadhi" which at its most basic could be considered objectless awareness, or being aware of whatever isn't thought. In Buddhism there are levels of knowledge (jnanas) which are actually temporary samadhis, whereas nirvana is samadhi which has destroyed every mental impression of attachment (samskara), thus becoming effortless.

According to Advaita Vedanta there are different samskaras and only some are destroyed by meditation, which is how non-attachment is not actually the destruction of desire.
constancelea Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
That is a hypocrisy I have noticed in Buddhism. I'm sure there are explanations around that, just like the idea in Buddhism you adapt yourself to not have expectations of others, so in a way not have expectations of anything in the world, therefor you nullify desires you may have in the world.

But to my understanding, wouldn't you technically have expectations if you expect yourself to react a certain way, therefor after all your expectations are still there whether it's channeled one way or another? :P There's some silliness here and there.
:iconyourdoom243:
yourdoom243 Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Professional Writer
To me, dealing with subjectivity is dealing with endless contradiction. The practice in Buddhism and Yoga is the same, maybe it would be best to call it being present, so the technicalities aren't as important to me as the practice.
:iconkingstephenarthur:
KingStephenArthur Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Student Photographer
you don't need to consider yourself a buddhist to achieve the same things they do.
constancelea Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
That is very true!! I bring this author/poet up a lot, T.S. Eliot's work is great at bringing a person from where they immediately are to a different place involving a little more self awareness, so it's definitely not just Buddhism that encourages these ideas, they're just harder to find in a lot of Western Religion anymore. I think the idea of Buddhism at least introduced it to me from the get-go and I'd have to say Eliot definitely reinforced these ideas, and he converted to Anglicanism. :nod: Christianity used to be a lot about that, though. Not quite as many prejudices as there are now.
:iconkingstephenarthur:
KingStephenArthur Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Student Photographer
yeah, buddhists are just normal humans like everyone else. we are all capable of the same things.
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
In Buddhism, all distractions are maya, i.e., false. However, easily distracted people are the most creative.
Hey, you're right!! :D I realized that in class yesterday when I started drawing again while the teacher was giving her BORING lecture. lol But she showed some cool art.
:iconwitwitch:
witwitch Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013  Student Writer
Maybe those people are not easily distracted--maybe it is the world that is trying to distract them, and they have tuned it out to focus on what is important?
constancelea Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
:nod: It's a very wholesome experience, especially today when technology pushes a lot of that to the wayside. Definitely not intentionally, but it's hard to not want to take an easier route with communicating with people and handling personal issues :/ It never leads to contentment, though.
:iconalzebetha:
alzebetha Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013
My Father was a buddhist,so I'm qualified to tell you not to fall for this stupidity. All religions have violent episodes,and Christianity has 'peace and love'on their flags in theory just as Buddhism does, or moreso, if you believe either side more or less.

How about you look up why Sri Lanka is named this way, 'holy island' and what that name did for it's peaceful progression through the ages before you spill bullshit like 'Buddhism is like.. so peaceful and I feel such a loving connection and love and.. flowers.. and I want to feel good pleaseeee new age powaaa!'
constancelea Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Well, I guess it's whatever works for everyone. It resonates with me more than the Western-Religion influence I've been raised with, to me it's more about applying what I learn with my day to day life, so if it makes me a better person the way to get there shouldn't really matter :D I will look up Sri Lanka for sure though, thanks for the tidbit.
alzebetha Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013
Resonates? it's not a sonic wave. It cannot resonate with you. And the fact that you only present it as a better alternative to your current faith shows how low you truly value it.

You don't become a better person by believing in the ideas of other people and deluding yourself in feeble delusions of a better life to come, but by questioning your own motives and conceptions.

You're already in the best possible paradise, but human stupidity in the guise of ignorance turns it into hell.
:iconhanciong:
hanciong Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I don't understand what is really your problem with Buddhism. You don't mention it anywhere in your comment. Your father is a Buddhist. ok. what did he do so that you conclude that Buddhism is stupidity?

Second, what's wrong with Sri-Lanka?

You don't become a better person by believing in the ideas of other people and deluding yourself in feeble delusions of a better life to come, but by questioning your own motives and conceptions.
Buddha invites and encourages each one of us to question and analyze his teachings before we accept them. Therefore, following Buddhism is not simply following "other people's idea". A Buddhist follow Buddha's teaching only if he agrees with it. If not, he is free not to be a Buddhist. Also, Buddhism is not about "deluding ourselves in feeble delusions of a better life to come". That is the teachings of other religions, not Buddhism. If anything, Buddhism emphasize that the most important thing is NOW, THIS LIFE. Take a look of this verse: [link] .
alzebetha Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013
Oh, he is relatively unrelated, though he isn't super smart.

Evaluate teachings? So Buddhism is life positive? Are you deliberately trying to make me laugh? First of all your true goal is to become 'nothing' to esacpe suffering, and bullshit like that.

Sri lanka hmnn oh just THE MURDER OF THE FIRST ELECTED PRESIDEND OF SRI LANKA BY A BUDDHIST PRIEST.. and THE GENOCIDAL PROGROMS ON THE TAMIl PEOPLE BY BUDDHISTS..

Capitalized cause I'm growing tired of you stupid buddhism fans not knowing about this stuff.So if you think this is such a peaceful religion and evaluate it, how about discarding it now?

but hey, Isla.. err.. Buddhism is a religion of peace!

So the religion wishing to discard their humanity to become one with the nothing is human positive? I think not.

As for some random verses encouraging evaluation? ... that's so cute! I wonder if you know or ever heard of the book 'Zen at war', it'd ruin your childish delusions further for sure.
First of all your true goal is to become 'nothing' to esacpe suffering, and bullshit like that.
the goal of Buddhism is to be free from all attachments, not to become "nothing".

HE MURDER OF THE FIRST ELECTED PRESIDEND OF SRI LANKA BY A BUDDHIST PRIEST.. and THE GENOCIDAL PROGROMS ON THE TAMIl PEOPLE BY BUDDHISTS..
If I see first president of Sri Lanka in wikipedia, it doesn't say that he was murdered. you mean the third president: [link], who is killed by an LTTE suicide bomber? first of all, I am NOT claiming that Buddhists countries are free from crime. of course, in Buddhists countries, there will be murder, robbery, sexual harassment, etc; the same with any other country. HOWEVER, keep in mind that the violence are NOT done in the name of Buddhism. For example, no Buddhists people kill other people who make impolite picture of Buddha. No Buddhists wage holy war against "the enemy of Buddhism". No Buddhists scream "Buddha is great" when they kill other people. And so on. I don't know the situation with people in Sri Lanka, but I think the reason of the violence is hatred? greed? ignorance? anyway it is something which applies to all people from all religions/race. of course if some people are oppressed, they will fight back. besides, you can't judge entire population based on the misbehavior of some fraction of it. would you agree if I say atheists are blood-thirsty people, because Mao Tze Dong in China and Soviet leaders kill millions of people?

I wonder if you know or ever heard of the book 'Zen at war',
and then? so what if Zen people wage a war? again, do they wage a war toward "the enemy of Buddhism"? or they wage a war because some people make impolite pictures of Buddha? They wage a war because they are greedy, or they are hateful; anyway the reason applies to all people from any religions/countries. Buddhism is NOT the reason they are waging war. But hatred/greed/stupidity is. Simply because they are Buddhists, doesn't mean that Buddhism is the reason. Will you agree if I said that atheism is the motivation for mass murder done by Mao and Soviet leaders?

For your information, Buddhism scriptures, Pali Cannon, contains thousands of pages, and in it you will not find any verses which suggest violence towards any living being, misinterpreted or otherwise. So if some Buddhists do violence, they will not find any verses to justify their misbehavior. FYI THIS is what Buddha actually teaches: [link] and [link]
alzebetha Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013
Soo you really don't understand that crime was inspired on Sri lanka because it is Sri lanka, the holy island.

Any ideology can justify war, as ideologies are just human stupidity codified. I ain't arguing for Buddhism being violent by comparison to X Y or Z, I am arguing for Buddhism not being this lovely, peaceable thing everyone thinks it is. You already acknowledge that it doesn't stop its followers from doing heinous shit, thus being equal to Atheism concerning -results- even if superior to Islam, what have ye, and that they are doing it

'In the name of buddhism'

Justifiable by their scripture?

Who cares. They used the scripture to justify them, that is bad enough.

If buddhas teaching really demand non violence and peace.. and his teachings are used to inflict suffering on human lifes, as abused as they are, is it then not your moral imperative to remove Buddhas teachings from the world?

Oh and you're gonna come with the 'can't blame a gun for what it shoots' argument.
Well, thats true, but, believe it or not, countries with no guns have a suprising low rate of school (or whatever other) shootings compared to those that have em.
hanciong Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Soo you really don't understand that crime was inspired on Sri lanka because it is Sri lanka, the holy island.
I don't understand what you say here. who ever say that Sri Lanka is holy? what does the crime in Sri Lanka have anything to do with Buddhism? Because they are done by Buddhist? As I said, simply because some violence is done by Buddhist, doesn't mean that Buddhism is the motivation. Anyway give me the link which discuss all of this, I will read it. Especially, the link which says Buddhism is to blame for any violence happened in Sri Lanka.

I ain't arguing for Buddhism being violent by comparison to X Y or Z, I am arguing for Buddhism not being this lovely, peaceable thing everyone thinks it is.
Yes, but if you want to judge Buddhism, then judge Buddhism scriptures. NOT by looking at what Buddhists people do. I invite you to look for verses which suggest violence toward any living being, or that non-Buddhists should be treated differently than Buddhists. You will not find any. Besides, if you claim one group of people are not peaceful or lovely based on what fraction of them do, then ALL groups of people are not peaceful and lovely, because ALL of them contain bad people. Atheists are not peaceful and lovely. Germans are not peaceful and lovely. and so on.

Justifiable by their scripture? .... Who cares. They used the scripture to justify them, that is bad enough.
You are not reading my comment carefully. If you think any verse from Buddhist scripture can be used to justify violence, then bring me some verse which states this. What I claim is that you will NOT find any verse from Buddhist scripture that can be used to justify violence. Again, you will NOT find any. There is NOT even a verse which suggest non-Buddhist should be treated differently from Buddhists. If you think differently, I invite you to search.

They used the scripture to justify them, that is bad enough....If buddhas teaching really demand non violence and peace.. and his teachings are used to inflict suffering on human lifes
Show me a link which discuss this. I mean, show me the link that violence done by some Buddhists are done "in the name of Buddhism". Show me that some Buddhists wage a war toward "the enemy of Buddhism", or some Buddhists kill people who draw Buddha impolitely, or some Buddhists scream "Buddha is great" while they kill other people. Show me links which discuss those, and I will consider that Buddhism can be a motivation to do bad things. Otherwise, it is NOT my obligation to remove Buddhas teachings, because Buddhas teachings actually suggest peace and love, not hatred and murder. It is because not so many people know about Buddhism that those hatred and murder often happen. When more people know about Buddhism, hatred and murder will be less.
(2 Replies)
:iconcliffto:
Cliffto Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Student General Artist
Thought I'm not Buddhist but I adore their way to live.
Ps: maybe some people don't know but Buddhism is not from China, it's from India.
my friends also believed that Buddhism is from China, because he apparently watch too many chinese movies containing Buddhists monks, for example Shao-lin monks :D. But yeah, Buddhism is from India. and he was quite shocked when I told him that
Cliffto Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Student General Artist
yeah and apparently most of Buddha statue has oriental face. I was shock when it is actually a branch from Hindhu.
constancelea Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
This is very true! :nod: I am not quite sure how it moved to the China area, but I enjoy how in tune with Hinduism it is. Hinduism I also find so fascinating, but Buddhism is easier for me to relate to. :heart:
Cliffto Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Student General Artist
Yes, at first I was shocked cause I always thought it's from china. So when you become a buddhist?
constancelea Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Well, this is a very crude version of the story of Buddhism, I'm sure I'm missing something, but Siddhartha (the Buddha who founded Buddhism) was born as a Hindu prince until he learned humanity suffers and dies, and he wanted to discover why people have to suffer. Overtime upon reaching enlightenment he had forsaken Hinduism in lieu of Buddhism :nod: I'm missing a TON of details, but that is the gist of it. I don't know how it moved to China area but I'm sure there's a valid reason why. XD

I'd say I got very involved in Buddhism abooout beginning 2012? I actually took a world religions class and when we came upon that subject it resonated more with me than anything I had ever heard of, it was like someone turned on a little light bulb in my head, that's what it felt like. I never knew ANYTHING of Buddhism until I was given such great amounts of knowledge in that class, I grew up in Kansas where EVERYONE is more modern Christian, so there wasn't any talk of this really just because it wasn't around to be discussed :) I wanted to take it further, so I began going to the Buddhist Temple in town, and although I don't go very often (language barrier lol) the monk taught me much that still sticks with me today. :nod: Growing up with Western religion, its hard to accept other ideas of living and handling the afterlife, but I haven't been capable of finding anything more relate-able to MY individuality but this. :D
Cliffto Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Student General Artist
Yes, I actually learn it in "East Art History" class. As I remember, It moves to china from the monks who traveled trough nepal, himalaya, then arrived at china. It was easily acceptable in China because of the simple rules of living.

Ahh. You have a lovely way to find your own faith :) The monks are very nice, though that I'm not a buddhist but sometimes I listen to a Monk on a Chinese channel (with subtitle off course lol) Oh yeah, the western culture. It becomes a problem to my religion too, I'm a muslim and we are not treated that well in some countries.
constancelea Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Oh, thank you! The Monk in my city is very kind - the folks that attend there are very kind and very open with talking about what they do, and they have glorious vegetarian food! So nice to eat together with everyone and talk about great tips on life. :dance:
Cliffto Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Student General Artist
So you're a vegetarian?
Unfortunately, no XDDD While Buddhists are normally Vegetarian I am definitely an Omnivore lol I sadly eat plenty of meat. :( :giggle: Are you vegetarian?
(1 Reply)
hanciong Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
umm, you can join this forum: [link]

there are many Buddhism experts who will help you with any questions :D
hello there, it is nice to see that you are interested in Buddhism :D

I consider myself as a Buddhist; although I am also interested in Taoism, sufism, and Bahai; and also I myself never meditate (got to start some time).

it is correct what you say that Buddhism principle can be implemented by people from any religious background. The first noble truth: there is unhappiness/unsatisfactoriness/suffering in our life. well who wouldn't agree with that? Second noble truth: suffering is caused by attachment. again, who wouldn't agree with that? and so on

you said but I've always wondered why there hasn't been more thought put into the process of working on the "self" in Christianity
well, in my opinion, that's because a lot of abrahamic religions adherents consider practicing religions is merely for obeying God/pleasing God (which I would disagree). but there are a lot of abrahamic theists who focus on developing our "self", for example Anthony de Mello, Kahlil Gibran, and the whole sufis people. I think you should look into their teachings.

meanwhile, if you have time, please visit my buddhism and philosophy folder: [link] :D :D

have a nice day :D

constancelea Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Yes! In reply to your other comment on the next page, I like the main focus of Buddhism being the present time and working on your own individual self rather than prepare for something you aren't entirely sure of which I find very endearing. I mean, something you're not entirely sure of sounds frightening when put in that context I realize, but I'm realizing the more I can make from THIS life and the more I learn with these religions, the more I realize this time I'm taking to be this self aware is preparing for SOMETHING after this, whatever it is. :D

I will take a look at your folder :) I briefly zipped through it earlier and saw many things I like!
hanciong Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
exactly. This is a quote from aranna sutta [link]. FYI: a monk usually only eats one meal a day

Standing to one side, a devata (god) addressed the Buddha with a verse:

Living in the wilderness,
staying peaceful, remaining chaste,
eating just one meal a day:
why are their faces
so bright & serene?

[The Buddha:]
They don't sorrow over the past,
don't long for the future.
They survive on the present.
That's why their faces
are bright & serene.
From longing for the future,
from sorrowing over the past,
fools wither away
like a green reed cut down.
:iconseglenieks:
seglenieks Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I have been a Buddhist for a little under a year. I'm not very experienced but happy to answer any specific questions you might have or to share my own thoughts and opinions.

I was raised in a Christian family and was agnostic for a few years before adopting Buddhism. In that time I extensively researched and explored different views in psychology, philosophy, and religion. I am now very happy with my path and my entire life. I meditate daily, regularly attend teaching/meditation sessions at a local Buddhist centre, and do my best to live a life of kindness.

All the best to you :)
constancelea Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Your situation is very similar to mine! I've never been against Christianity at all or its ideas, but I've always wondered why there hasn't been more thought put into the process of working on the "self" in Christianity - There seems to be more of a set rules you must follow and you are punished in some way if you don't, to put it simply.

I always felt bad for a long time because I felt I was a hypocrite for going to the Latter Day Saints church with my family and not really believing in their practice, because in life it's necessary to constantly grow as a human which requires an openness to everything that Buddhism's provided the best for me. Not to really use that as an excuse to do bad things but a method to look at life from other perspectives and be much more happy and patient overall day by day as a result. :)
:iconseglenieks:
seglenieks Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I think much has been lost in the modern teaching and practice of Christianity. The same is possibly true of other major religions but I don't have personal experience with them. They are all at their core quite similar and 'good' but most people just don't see that.
:iconsaintartaud:
saintartaud Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Professional General Artist
I am not sure I would consider myself a Buddhist.  More like someone with an affinity for it who's studied a bit, understands the principles, and needs to work harder on putting it into practice.  ~da1withdalongestname is a good person to talk to on the subject.  You might also want to talk to ~hanciong--or he'll stop by at some point.  There was an epic thread on the subject for some months, but it appears to have finally been pushed down.  :(

If interested, I can pass on some books and websites that have been helpful in my studies, note you perhaps.
hey, you mention my name! and here I come LOLOLOL :D :D

yeah, the epic thread is now closed (you mean my thread right? LOL) Do you think it is a good idea if I open it again?
saintartaud Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Professional General Artist
Uh, I think it was foxgirl-whatsherface. It had something like 400-500 replies last I saw. Your thread was quite long too, though, but hers was up for several months!
ah, if you mean that thread, it still exists
saintartaud Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Professional General Artist
Hmm, I searched for it and couldn't see it. Maybe I missed it, or it got bumped since I checked.
Add a Comment: