Closed to new replies
January 18, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 71

Power = Responsibility

:icondotb18:
DOTB18 Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
We've all heard the famous quote from Spider Man, "With great power, comes great responsibility." God is supposed to be all-powerful, but allows terrible things to regardless, often as a result of his own doings. Seems rather irresponsible, doesn't it? When asked why, many Christians will respond with, "He is the Almighty, He can do what He wants."

So my question is: If great power comes with great responsibility, then why does infinite power exempt God from infinite responsibility?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Because God is good, he cannot be evil.
DOTB18 Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013
Considering the state of the world, he must then be incompetent.
:iconafter--life:
After--Life Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
All good things come from God.

All bad things come from man, it's simple.

To answer your signature.

God is only willing to help those that turn to him, yet he even helps those who do not ask him for his help. God says MANY times in the Holy Qur'an that he is able to unite all of mankind and restore peace and order and justice in the world and remove poverty, but then where is the test? What is the point of our existence? He is indeed the omnipotent, he can do whatever he pleases, and what he wants to do is create a world full of creatures following his orders and surpassing his tests.

The reason poverty exists is because of us humans. Tell me, if God is truly evil, then when a man plants a seed and waters it, will the ground refuse to grow the plant with its fruits that you may eat? Of course not.

God created this world filled with EVERYTHING we humans need to survive and live and cherish, only what we humans invent bring about corruption and disorder.

And this is all part of our test.
DOTB18 Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013
"God is only willing to help those that turn to him, yet he even helps those who do not ask him for his help."

If you cannot understand the inconsistency of that sentence, then this conversation will go no further.
Sorry my bad in my English.

What I meant:

"God helps those who turn to him for help, and yet, he even helps those who do not turn him if he so wills."

A father will reward his child with dessert if he finishes dinner, but if the father is well pleased with his child in school, he may give him two desserts!

This father-son relationship is the same type with that of God and human.

Religion is the system that establishes this connection, like a family establishes a connection between parents and their children.
DOTB18 Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013
I believed in God, once. And let me tell you; you can't have a relationship if it's wholely one-sided.
How many sides are there?
Good conclusion.
DOTB18 Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013
Of course; benevolence is no excuse for negligence.
God is negligent but he is not evil per se.
Add a Comment: