Closed to new replies
January 17, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 53

Life is Cruel. Do you agree?

:iconturkevulture:
TurkEvulture Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
When I was a little boy, I bullied a fellow student. I insulted him, pushed him around, and promised him that I would never be his friend.
As time went on, I became more and more aloof. But my good looks made up for my complete lack of social skills, so I was accepted by the "preps" in middle school, you hate group if there ever was one. At first I fit into the group alright, but tension was starting to mount. By the end of middle school, most of my prep "friends" turned there back on me after blaming ME for getting myself beat up by a street gang!
By High School, I had no friends. I was universally accepted as a loser.
That is my story about how life had made an ass of me, and therefore I believe that life is cruel and ironic. Do you agree with me? Please tell me your story.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkausawolf:
kausawolf Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
That's called karma bro.
I think life is cruel fur people like the poor buoy you bullied fur no reason.
But not fur people like you. People like you deserve what happens to them.
:iconsaeter:
Saeter Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013
Life's a bitch and then you die.
Unless your invincible.... then it's just a bitch.
:icon4artuneedanopenmind:
4artuneedanopenmind Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Karmas a b!tch, as they say..... What goes around comes around afterall, you were once a bully.
:iconshakuchan1995:
ShakuChan1995 Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Life is cruel for sure, but in your situation, at least it gave you a chance to learn what you did to the fellow student. Being pushed around, banned from community and being constantly insulted in the childhood make people believe they're really ugly, stupid and should feel bad. You gave him a great chance for him to end up like you're ended up now.

You would have more friends if you've worked on it instead of trying to hide your lack of social skills with ashaming others...
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Life is like love - expecting, wanting, dying.
:iconkillianseraphim:
KillianSeraphim Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Student General Artist
I never viewed life as cruel, only stern.
:iconnecroraevyn:
NecroRaevyn Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Student Writer
Life is never fair, and always enjoys influcting pain on people.
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Student General Artist
Just think about it, your in high school and your still a teen growing up. You just learn alot now its never good to be mean to people. But what can you do? Forgive them. If you hold a grudge for a long time it hurts alot more then feeling sorry for yourself.

And hey, Ive gotten my fair share of bullying throughout my younger years. All I could think of is boys are super dumb, and tried my best to think they were ok. They would put on this big smile on their faces, and when ever I retaliated, all it did was it made them laugh more. But it was soo hard. They were acting like boys that never understands a girls feelings. The most embarassing story was in high school that a guy broke an expensive pencil, ($5). I was crying through class, and I couldn't tell my teacher. Then my teacher tried to ask me something and he kind of joke about it. He didn't realize I was crying and the whole class laughed. That was really embarassing.

You would think that was the end of the story, well I don't rember, other then getting paid back for the pencil $5. But emotional scarrs can't truely heal, only relieve.

But one amazing thing is in high school, a guy who bullied me throughout high school, forgave me. I mean, that is the more powerful thing then complaining don't you think. Complaining get you no where, but forgiving and talking to the person that hate you or you hate, that is some courage dude.

Take it from Frank Peritti's example. It took him 40 years to really buck up and figure out how to treat his wounds for bullying. He writes about his experience in the wounded spirit. And he has a whole seminar how bullying on the other end affect others:
[link]

But look at him, he is still working as a best selling author.

Sure this on the other end, but the result is the same. You take a bad risk when you treat someone horribly. You never know one day what will happen the next.
:iconunclegargy:
UncleGargy Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I've been thinking about why you used the title 'Life is Cruel' To me it shows that you still have not learnt your lesson. Stop thinking of yourself and look around at all the other 'cruelty' in life. Most of it can be prevented. Be now, one of those who can make a difference.
:icongigapipen1407:
GigaPipen1407 Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I beleive in this saying called "What comes around goes around."

Long story short, everything in life balances itself out. You are a prime example. Yin and Yang, good and bad. You can bet that any time you hurt someone, it'll come back and bite you in the ass.

I dislike your usage of "Life is cruel". Yeah? Did you expect that it'd be happiness, sunshine, and sex all around? The sooner you get adjusted to the fact that life sucks, people suck, karma's a bitch, the sooner you'll be able to go out and survive in the world.

Life's a bitch. Deal with it.
Add a Comment: