Closed to new replies
January 13, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 205

If God Is Against Adultery...

:iconplatonic-playdough:
Platonic-Playdough Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
... Why did he have a child with an unmarried woman?

;)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconder-freishutz:
der-freishutz Featured By Owner Mar 2, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Jesus had to be born some way. Besides, in the old testament two sisters fuck their dad to keep the family line going on so i wouldnt judge god the almighty to much.
:iconfalseshepherd:
FalseShepherd Featured By Owner Mar 1, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Do you know the definition of Adultery? :P

And God isn't told to have impregnated her the way any man would. Immaculate Conception.
Platonic-Playdough Featured By Owner Mar 2, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I, unfortunately, didn't come up with this bit of fun. I suppose the question is a bit pointless coming from me because I don't have a belief in any intelligent designer, but it has been great fun to watch the religious get their pink panties in a knot. You all are a touchy bunch ;)
:iconfalseshepherd:
FalseShepherd Featured By Owner Mar 2, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
:P 'You all'? I was just stating what I had said what I was taught of it and I'm not Religious. I couldn't care less about what you say on Religion or Religious beliefs. I was commenting literally out of boredom. :D But then maybe you were using 'You all' in the general sense.
Platonic-Playdough Featured By Owner Mar 2, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Yes, boredom. Hence: the forums.
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Man is rational and logical in all things except religion.
:iconazza9:
Azza9 Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013
He's fucking god, he could do what he pleases...

I'd have given her twins just a be a prick then make having twins illegal...
Why? Because I'm fucking god, I do no wrong.

I mean he gave a couple a children in a world where having kids outside of marriage get you killed. He had to be trolling on some level.
:icondidj:
Didj Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013
I'm told by many Apologists that God is not bound by the same laws that he gives out. So, God can tell you that killing is wrong right before he goes and carpet bombs a whole city.
:iconkdaanimefan:
KdaAnimefan Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013  Student Writer
well the story is meant to show that the messiah came from very humble origins.
:iconafter--life:
After--Life Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
God cannot give birth...

And that is Christian ideology, which, (in Islam), is completely false!

Surah Al-Ikhlas, 3rd last Chapter of the Holy Qur'an.

1. In the name of God, the most Gracious, the ever Merciful.
2. Say! He is God, the ONE.
3. The most Supreme, the Everlasting.
4. He BEGETS not, NOR is he begotten.
5. And there is NONE that is like unto him.

Verse 4 clearly states, "God cannot have a child, NOR can God ever be a child of someone higher than him."

God isn't a human. The Christians got it wrong here.

Mary (as) received baby Jesus (as) by God's command, as God says in the Holy Qur'an, "Kun! Fayakoon."

"Be! And it is."

God has the power to simply say, KUN! (BE!) and whatever his desire was, the universe obeys God and automatically performs the result that God wants.

If God wants an Earthquake to happen, all God says is KUN! and then, Fayakoon, and it is.

This is what God told Mary (as) that he will do, and Mary (as) said to God, "How will I have a son when no man has touched me?"

God told the Angel Gabriel to reply to Mary (as).

"Your Lord said it will indeed be done."

This was one of the miracles of prophet Jesus (as), in Arabic, Prophet Isa (as).

All the prophets of God brought many miracles with them. This was one of the miracles, undeniable, and beautiful.
carusmm Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
God is not a logical concept.
:iconariensmith:
ArienSmith Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
How so?
Because it is metaphysical.
ArienSmith Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
And that means...? (Not what metaphysical means, but what that claim does to support your statement.)
Anything outside the physical is illogical.
ArienSmith Featured By Owner Feb 28, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
How so? Just because we don't understand the spiritual doesn't mean it's illogical. Unless of course, logic is considered a physical concept.
carusmm Featured By Owner Feb 28, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Logic is physical, none know it but lovers.
ArienSmith Featured By Owner Mar 1, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
That...doesn't make any sense.
(1 Reply)
:iconcjshadowdusk:
CjShadowDusk Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
PP why would you ask this kind of question? You painted a bullseye on your back for all the bible/Jesus freaks to start spewing at you. Religion is one of those touchy leave-it-alone type subjects
:iconneqael:
Neqael Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
"Thou shalt commit adultery." ~ The Wicked Bible, 1631
:iconkausawolf:
kausawolf Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Better question!
Skiff Cod is against adultery, (oar anything the bible says hes against), why did he mako people like that?
Why not mako them purrfect?
:iconmagusthelofty:
MagusTheLofty Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013
Haven't you ever heard the old saying; "Do as I say, not do what I do."?
Platonic-Playdough Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Sure have. How does that apply to the Christian deity?
:iconmagusthelofty:
MagusTheLofty Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013
Because god did something, that he doesn't want his creations doing.
That fuckin hypocrite -_-
:icong-j-gardner:
G-J-Gardner Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
LMFAO I used thenam David in all of the instead of Joseph. OOPS!
:icong-j-gardner:
G-J-Gardner Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
you know i often thought about that, and when ever i ask that question, people just spout off dogma or cut and paste things and say here is your answer! If you ask me, a person who cannot explain something in their own words (paraphrase) then they, themselves, DO NOT understand either. As for me, the way I see it goes something like this. This chick, Mary was walkin along one day while David was out doing the "Man" thing and she passed by this guy who was all, like, "Yo baby! Whatsup?!" Since David was, like, way old and Mary was, like, totally young she was all like "Oh my God!" and did the deed with the stranger in a momentary laps of lusty bliss. Later that year she begins to get a little fat and Davids like "Hey babe, you gettin a little chubby there, might wanna start running or something." So Mary gets all paranoid and starts working out in the fields and stuff but the fat ain't going away, then it dawns on her...SHE'S FUCKING PREGNANT!!! Well, since Davids been toiling away in the fields and they both had been raising their, like, 11 previous kids, Mary and David didn't have sex anymore (that happens with marriage), so she can think of nothing else but to tell him the truth... BUT, since adultry is punishable through death by stoning (with rocks not weed)...she's gotta make something up and its gotta be really, REALLY good. After pounding back some mead to muster up the courage and tell her husband the truth she says "David, I'm pregnant!" and she DOES tell him the truth...."It's not yours." David was all like "WTF BITCH?!" and just as he stood to smack the shit out of her (because that was okay back then, it seemed customary of the times to pimp slap the ho's just before stoning them to death) anyways, Mary was all like "But I haven/t betrayed you my love! I haven't known anothers mans touch but yours!" and David was all like, "well then it must be from God! That makes total sense! I'm sorry I almost pimp slapped you! Will you forgive me?" and that's how Jesus was born! and every night little jesus would ask, "Mommy? Daddy? will you tell me the story of how you met and gave birth to all my siblings and myself?" and so little jesus listened intently and learned about understanding people before judging them and he learned of the value of forgiveness. and now we have Christianity all because Mary made up a little white lie to save her skin.
After--Life Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Here is Chapter 19 of the Holy Qur'an, titled, Surah Maryam (Mary).

Verses 1 through 16 talk about the story of Prophet Yahya (as), or also known as John the Baptist, who was born like Jesus (as), without a father. God mentions this before the story of Mary (as) to remind the readers of his miracles and his power.

[19:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
[19:2] Kaf Ha Ya ‘Ain Sad.
[19:3] This is an account of the mercy of thy Lord shown to His servant, Zachariah.
[19:4] When he called upon his Lord, a secret calling,
[19:5] He said, ‘My Lord, the bones have indeed waxed feeble in me, and the head glistens with hoariness, but never, my Lord, have I been unblessed in my prayer to Thee.
[19:6] ‘And I fear my relations after me, and my wife is barren. Grant me, therefore, a successor from Thyself,
[19:7] ‘That he may be heir to me and to the House of Jacob. And make him, my Lord, well-pleasing to Thee.’
[19:8] ‘O Zachariah, We give thee glad tidings of a son whose name shall be Yahya‡. We have not made any one before him of that name.’
[19:9] He said, ‘My Lord, how shall I have a son when my wife is barren and I have reached the extreme limit of old age?’
[19:10] He said, ‘So it is.’ But thy Lord says, ‘It is easy for Me, and indeed I created thee before, when thou wast nothing.’
[19:11] He said, ‘My Lord, appoint for me a token.’God said, ‘Thy token is that thou shalt not speak to anyone for three full days and nights.’
[19:12] Then he came forth unto his people from the chamber and asked them by signs to glorify God in the morning and in the evening.
[19:13] ‘O Yahya, hold fast the Book.’ And We gave him wisdom while yet a child,
[19:14] And tenderness of heart from Ourself, and purity. And he was pious
[19:15] And dutiful toward his parents. And he was not haughty and rebellious.
[19:16] And peace was on him the day he was born, and the day he died, and peace there will be on him the day he will be raised up to life again.

-Now it talks about Mary (as).

[19:17] And relate the story of Mary as mentioned in the Book. When she withdrew from her people to a place to the east,
[19:18] And screened herself off from them, then We sent Our angel to her, and he appeared to her in the form of a perfect man.
[19:19] She said, ‘I seek refuge with the Gracious God from thee if indeed thou dost fear Him.’
[19:20] He replied, ‘I am only a Messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a righteous son.’
[19:21] She said, ‘How can I have a son when no man has touched me, neither have I been unchaste?’
[19:22] He replied, ‘Thus it is.’ But says thy Lord, ‘It is easy for Me; and We shall do so that We may make him a Sign unto men, and a mercy from Us, and it is a thing decreed.’
After--Life Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Ignore the part where I said without a father at the top. The miracle of Prophet Yahya (as) was that Zachariah and his wife got a child when they were very old. Now I am not sure if they participated in the act of conceiving the child (Yahya (as)), but the miracle is that the wife was very old yet she was able to born a new baby.

It is similar to Mary's story, that is why it is mentioned first in this chapter.
:iconda1withdalongestname:
Simple, this Christian god shoved a child in her womb with magic. This sentence sounded better sounded better in Sanskrit.
Platonic-Playdough Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Google Translate!
Nay, cultural stuff involved here. Their culture sees virgins who got pregnant just because a deity visited them as normal, valid explanation, so does the Chinese.
Platonic-Playdough Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Perhaps 5000 years ago, but what about now?
If I have to answer that, virgin births aren't fascinating at all. People here, including Indians & Chinese are used to it as these stories existed in their tales & myths, they might just shrug their shoulders & get on with their lives. They all might just say this god can because this deity can do it. Simple as that, though I prefer to hear answers from Europeans, because virgin births are fascinating to you folks. Still, to me, the birth of Jesus & virgin Mary is not a fascinating tale, 1 of the reasons why I don't think Christianity is special.

It doesn't really matter if it's 5000 years ago, Indians & Chinese are still very old fashioned & superstitious, I'm not any of them, but my country is not all that far from them, so I also have their mindset. The Christian god did it because the Christian god can, so does many of the Hindu gods & heroes & Chinese Bodhisattva.
:iconseth2012chaos:
seth2012chaos Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
In the old testament god always says "Abraham(or another prothet name you pick one) I'll give you sons blah blah" and later god comes to his wife and says pretty much the same but does he just "say" it? Jesus may not be the old fella's only bastard :D
:iconmoonlight311:
moonlight311 Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
All God has to do is say the words and it is.He never had sex with Mary,its all a mircle
:iconmoonlight311:
moonlight311 Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
He didn't
:iconidivinewrathi:
idivinewrathi Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Not trying to sound like a bible freak or anything but A. the holy spirit whispered into Marry's ear and thats how she suposedly was impregnated and b. how many of you can say you never got with someones future soulmate? I sure as hell cant thats just human nature god chose Joseph to be the man that raises his child. I'm done now.
:iconzazill:
Zazill Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yes I can see now where fathers get the idea that it's ok to leave a mother and her child, some other unfortunate guy can do it in their place
:iconhametsunocharge:
HametsuNoCharge Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
or Mary had imaginary air-based ear sex 0.o.

No I'm sure I'm with someone's future soulmate, he sure as hell can't be mine. But what I think the OP is focusing on is Mary's status of beign unwed....or did the visit automatically wed her god (because I've seen some nuns who claim they're married to god and the church :iconstare:)?
:icondotb18:
DOTB18 Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
What I want to know is: Did Marry even have a choice in the matter? I mean, yes, she technically consented... but what if she said no? Given how the OT presents God as an all-around asshole, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to interpret the "immaculate conception" as a form of rape.
:iconanark10n:
anark10n Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
All these counters that Mary was betrothed to Joseph so she was in fact married; does being married excuse the adultery here? Does the lack of the physical act excuse that Mary was carrying the child of someone/thing other than her soon-to-be-husband/husband? I'm curious here ...
:icon0rg:
0rg Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
this is why I worship zeus, dude is all about adultery
Fuck yes! You rock Z man!!! :iconfreddiemercurymeme:
:iconfang1421:
fang1421 Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
But zeus died. Along with all his other so-called "gods"
Yeah he never "died" exactly, maybe he just got sick of us and went back to Olympus or some shit. I mean I would, this world is fucked up. We worship a creature dubbed Honey Boo Boo Child and out greatest fear is a skinny guy that hides in the virtual woods on our computers. We know him as Slenderman... No offense slendy
*our
fuckin auto correct
0rg Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
zeus never died in any of the greek myths you big fucking dummy
:iconfang1421:
fang1421 Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Cursing at me will get you no where. I read in a school textbook about greek gods. At the end of the book, it said something like this: "But like all great things, the greek gods had to come to an end." and there is a reason its called greek 'myth'ology.
0rg Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
I hope you understand that today's religions are tomorrow's myths
Add a Comment: