Do Demonic Possessions still happen?

Can demons still possess you?

I asked many people i knew but they didn't know the answer. I've seen on those ghost shows but always blew it off as false information. Then today I heard one story of a kid getting possessed by a "lying demon" told by a good Christian and foot ball player. So now I worry, I've never been close to God and i sin like crazy. I once had a panic attack about the devil trying to grab me and I swore I saw demons. (At least that's what my friend said she heard me say before I passed out).

So I want to know, can demons possess people today?
Comments154
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
You're asking the wrong question.

Do possessions still happen implies that they used to and no longer do.
Either they never did and still don't.
Or they did, and still do, because why would it stop if it was existing in the first place.
Demonic possessions never happened and never will. This is because of one, simple fact. There are no such things as demons. In every reported case of so called "demonic possession, there is a logical and scientific answer. Contaminants(chemicals hat alter brain function, in some cases, drugs such as hallucinogens, epilepsy, schizophrenia(as welll as other mental disorders, etc. So you see, substitute logic for superstition, and there is noting to be afraid of by way of demons.
Hate to be a downer, but Nope.

Just No.
They never did happen. It's all fairy tales.
Well, if you believe in demons...then sure. Why should they stop?

Lots of things that were considered 'demons' have been explained, but there are still situations when an exorcism is the only thing that works. Is it because of real demons, or is it just in their head? Who knows. But it works.

Being a person who interacts with nonphysical entities pretty often, I'd say yes, they can possess people. I've had problems with them. And I've found that some of those problems respond to meds, and some of them respond to magic.

If they ever happened, then they are still happening. If they never happened, well, they sure didn't just suddenly start.
What sort of beings do you talk to, may I ask?

I get curious ;w;
Depends on what your definition is, I suppose. Mostly what people would classify as 'gods', and random spiritual entities. When there is something occupying a space I can usually make contact with it.
I feel you there, then. I was actually patronized via pendulum. Go figure.
The question is...did they ever happen? Or was it all just someone tripping on some bad weed, all accounts say that bad weed highs are brutal.
Depends on who you ask.

For the believers, yes.

For the non believers, they never happened in the first place.
No, because demons don't exist.
They never did because demons don't exist.
Now enter my UFO and be ready to be probed.
Daemonic possessions have never happened. 
Do not worry. Demons can not possess people.

Because demons do not exist.
It also makes sense why they are smaller scale like in the first post.
In a sense yes, Demon possesion can happen and how they happen there are various qualities. How they did it in biblical proportions, its probably smaller then today, since most of these, would be classified as mental diseases.

There was a sense where you can be possess by multiple demons like the guy name Legion who posses alot pigs and the guy who went crazy, broke chains and big rocks, a thing you can't do as a regular human being.

Apparently you know the movie, the Rite was based on modern exorcism which was based on a book:
The Making of a Modern Exorcist
[link]
[link]

This lady knows about demon possesions.

Although you can't blame all demonic possesion, since there is room for falsifications, still demon possesions can happen.

There are different qualities of who is possessed depending on which sect you beleive in.

Catholic:
External physical pain caused by Satan;
Demonic Possession, in which Satan takes full possession of a person's body without their knowledge or consent: the victim is therefore morally blameless;
Diabolical Oppression, in which there is no loss of consciousness or involuntary action, such as in the biblical Book of Job in which Job was tormented by a series of misfortunes in business, family, and health;
Diabolic Obsession, which includes sudden attacks of irrationally obsessive thoughts, usually culminating in suicidal ideation, and typically influences dreams;
Diabolic infestation, which affects houses, things, or animals; and
Diabolic subjugation, in which a person voluntarily submits to Satan.

Middle ages:
manifestation of superhuman strength;
speaking in tongues or languages that the person cannot know;
the revelation of knowledge, distant or hidden, that the victim cannot know;
blasphemic rage and an aversion to holy symbols or relics

Other qualities:
Has to acknoledge the Lord's authority.
Could also be knowing that the demon dualy lives within him.

Or the greatest thing demons can do, is not to let anyone know they exist. I mean the less they exist the less God or spirits exist?
On the one hand, demonic posession is utter horse-shit. On the other, it's entirely possible that there isn't much call for posessers in Hell right now.
I don't like to call them demons. That gives them an evil connotation. But yes, of course, possessions by negative beings still happen. Some are voluntary. And some are done by positive beings.

You aren't going to get possessed just because you go against your religion's rules. :lol:
...Unless you believe it.
:la: Hey, look! Someone who wouldn't think I was crazy maybe!

On a more serious note, they don't usually take offense to being called 'demon'. A few certain morons I've met even wear the label proudly.
I don't think you're crazy. :B

It's not to avoid offending them, but to avoid giving the ignorants a distorted idea of what they are.
Valid point. The word 'demon' was derived from the Greek 'daimones', which referred to good or bad spirits. Perhaps I should start using that term, instead.

And you havn't heard me talk about spirits yet :la: