Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 11, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 105

Do you have a personal philosophy you live by?

:iconthesurrealisticmind:
thesurrealisticMind Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
I'm just curious as to how others choose to live their life. As of now, I try to keep an open mind, so my philosophy on life is constantly changing. At its core though, I try to live a life that allows me to stay true to myself and, well..just live.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconseth2012chaos:
seth2012chaos Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
No specific philosophy, what I think, believe or how I act depends on the situation and subject, I don't think one specific philosophy could be applied to everything by anyone.
:iconpanthera--shadow:
Panthera--Shadow Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Student General Artist
Equivalent Exchange. It's a useful philosophy, and if everyone lived by it, the world would be a better place.
thesurrealisticMind Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
<sigh> we can only hope
:iconpanthera--shadow:
Panthera--Shadow Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Student General Artist
Yeah, well step one would be for people to actually follow it.
:iconmidnightmagnificent:
MidNightMagnificent Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I do Good.

Of course, my personal Good may disagree with some other people's standards of Good, but hey, that's their problem, not mine. (Those are also usually people who I have a problem with, so, yeah. Live and let live.) Either way, I don't let other people influence me and my actions, as long as I toe the line enough to keep out of serious trouble. Heh.
I agree with this as well :)
:iconmidnightmagnificent:
MidNightMagnificent Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yup. After all, it's just impossible to please everyone, so I figured I might as well focus on pleasing just myself. :)
:iconmacker33:
macker33 Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Yeah, dont be a prick and dont worry over stupid crap.People are basically good,the glass is half full and be grateful for what youve got.
Ha, yeah I agree.
:iconaussienerd:
Aussienerd Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Student General Artist
My main philosophy for life is the glass half full thing. You may think I'm some crazy happy person but really I'm not. I just try my hardest to stay optimistic and that has surely gotten me much further than I would have if I were to look at situations normally all the time.

In my opinion, if you behave more optimistically, you will be more likely to keep trying instead of giving up after a failure. You might do more than you expected, even if the effort is not successful, it can be a positive learning experience, suggesting a different way to tackle a similar problem the next time.

Regardless of what you do for work, you should think of the positive outcomes. If your job is scrubbing floors, stand back and admire how shiny and clean they look. Regardless of whether you’re overweight, underweight or average set yourself achievable goals, and don’t be so shallow because not many people want to be around a glass half empty person.

Surround yourself with positive, upbeat people. But be aware that if you are always negative and always see only the dark side of things, the optimists in your life may eventually give up on you. Focus on situations that you can control, and forget those you can’t.

Of course nobody can be happy all the time but you can start by turning all your negative thoughts into positive ones.
Add a Comment: