Closed to new replies
January 10, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 52

The Garden of Eden or is it.. Heaven?

:iconlaptopninja510:
LaptopNinja510 Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
We all know Adam and Eve's story but I was wondering about the environment they were in.

-Is the Garden of Eden the embodiment of heaven?

I find it a very fascinating topic. Sadly however, there seems to be no mention of it after Adam and Eve are evicted... :/ Or have I missed something?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconseth2012chaos:
seth2012chaos Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
What I am more curious about is, did their children and they b*ng each other to populate... wasnt incest some kind of a sin?
:iconder-freishutz:
der-freishutz Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
The garden of eden is the garden of eden, It is what it says on the tin.
:iconnucleuzz:
nucleuzz Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013
See it this way. When you die you will no longer be conscious and aware of time so an eon will pass in the blink of an eye. So if therefore you are reborn it will be in either Nature or a system that has replaced Nature or that is in balance with it. For example if one was to be reborn as a pig on Earth they would surely know that they are in hell and see the humans as demons of torture and only see Heaven as Nature.
HEAVEN WAS NOT MADE FOR HUMANS BUT FOR ALL CREATURES. HUMANS ARE MEANT TO BE PROTECTORS OF THE GARDEN AND ITS CREATURES. THE GARDEN IS NATURE. HEAVEN IS WHERE ALL LIFE IS FREE TO EXPRESS THEIR BEAUTY, NOT JUST ONE LIFE FORM. IN THE COSMOS WHEN YOU ARE BORN AGAIN YOU WILL MOST LIKELY TO BE REBORN WITHIN NATURE. GOD CREATED ALL PERFECT FROM THE START. GOD IS LIFE, NATURE IS GOD'S EXPRESSION OF SELF.
HEAVEN WAS NOT MADE FOR MEN BUT FOR ALL CREATURES. MEN ARE MEANT TO BE PROTECTORS OF THE GARDEN. THE GARDEN IS NATURE. HEAVEN IS WHERE ALL LIFE IS FREE TO EXPRESS THEIR BEAUTY, NOT JUST ONE LIFE FORM. IN THE COSMOS WHEN YOU ARE BORN AGAIN YOU WILL MOST LIKELY TO BE REBORN WITHIN NATURE. GOD CREATED ALL PERFECT FROM THE START. GOD IS LIFE, NATURE IS GOD'S EXPRESSION OF SELF. THE ANCIENT WORD FOR HEAVEN IN PICTOGRAPHS IS NOT SKY IT IS NATURE.
:iconscottahemi:
ScottaHemi Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
it was basically heaven on earth.

and it isn't mentioned again.

but i'm not surprised why. you see the consequences of eating from the forbidden tree would have made it impossible for the Garden to remain in it's current state. weeds and changing climate, and weather all these things would have just made the garden turn from paradise to normal landscape.
:iconmaddmatt:
maddmatt Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
Although the tree of life makes a return in Revelation 22. Some conclude the description of the river flowing from the throne and the presence of the tree indicate the now perfected man's return to the place created for perfect man.

Not really arguing, just interesting.
:iconstoneman123:
stoneman123 Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Does it really even matter? The story is just another creation myth with no basis in reality. You might as well go off speculating which species of ash the great world tree Yggdrasil is.
:iconkillianseraphim:
KillianSeraphim Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student General Artist
The Garden of Eden was an actual location on earth. There would be no reason for it to be mentioned after Adam and Eve were evicted because no one could get in, and after the whole global catastrophe of the Flood, there's no reason to assume it would still be around.
:iconvulpimo:
Vulpimo Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
I guess I came across the theory that the dead sea was once eden and then it got pretty wrecked up. But I think it's a place on earth, since Adam and Eve didn't have a space shuttle when they got gtfo'ed
Add a Comment: