Closed to new replies
January 10, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 52

The Garden of Eden or is it.. Heaven?

:iconlaptopninja510:
LaptopNinja510 Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
We all know Adam and Eve's story but I was wondering about the environment they were in.

-Is the Garden of Eden the embodiment of heaven?

I find it a very fascinating topic. Sadly however, there seems to be no mention of it after Adam and Eve are evicted... :/ Or have I missed something?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconseth2012chaos:
seth2012chaos Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
What I am more curious about is, did their children and they b*ng each other to populate... wasnt incest some kind of a sin?
:iconder-freishutz:
der-freishutz Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
The garden of eden is the garden of eden, It is what it says on the tin.
:iconnucleuzz:
nucleuzz Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013
See it this way. When you die you will no longer be conscious and aware of time so an eon will pass in the blink of an eye. So if therefore you are reborn it will be in either Nature or a system that has replaced Nature or that is in balance with it. For example if one was to be reborn as a pig on Earth they would surely know that they are in hell and see the humans as demons of torture and only see Heaven as Nature.
HEAVEN WAS NOT MADE FOR HUMANS BUT FOR ALL CREATURES. HUMANS ARE MEANT TO BE PROTECTORS OF THE GARDEN AND ITS CREATURES. THE GARDEN IS NATURE. HEAVEN IS WHERE ALL LIFE IS FREE TO EXPRESS THEIR BEAUTY, NOT JUST ONE LIFE FORM. IN THE COSMOS WHEN YOU ARE BORN AGAIN YOU WILL MOST LIKELY TO BE REBORN WITHIN NATURE. GOD CREATED ALL PERFECT FROM THE START. GOD IS LIFE, NATURE IS GOD'S EXPRESSION OF SELF.
HEAVEN WAS NOT MADE FOR MEN BUT FOR ALL CREATURES. MEN ARE MEANT TO BE PROTECTORS OF THE GARDEN. THE GARDEN IS NATURE. HEAVEN IS WHERE ALL LIFE IS FREE TO EXPRESS THEIR BEAUTY, NOT JUST ONE LIFE FORM. IN THE COSMOS WHEN YOU ARE BORN AGAIN YOU WILL MOST LIKELY TO BE REBORN WITHIN NATURE. GOD CREATED ALL PERFECT FROM THE START. GOD IS LIFE, NATURE IS GOD'S EXPRESSION OF SELF. THE ANCIENT WORD FOR HEAVEN IN PICTOGRAPHS IS NOT SKY IT IS NATURE.
:iconscottahemi:
ScottaHemi Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
it was basically heaven on earth.

and it isn't mentioned again.

but i'm not surprised why. you see the consequences of eating from the forbidden tree would have made it impossible for the Garden to remain in it's current state. weeds and changing climate, and weather all these things would have just made the garden turn from paradise to normal landscape.
:iconmaddmatt:
maddmatt Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
Although the tree of life makes a return in Revelation 22. Some conclude the description of the river flowing from the throne and the presence of the tree indicate the now perfected man's return to the place created for perfect man.

Not really arguing, just interesting.
:iconstoneman123:
stoneman123 Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Does it really even matter? The story is just another creation myth with no basis in reality. You might as well go off speculating which species of ash the great world tree Yggdrasil is.
:iconkillianseraphim:
KillianSeraphim Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student General Artist
The Garden of Eden was an actual location on earth. There would be no reason for it to be mentioned after Adam and Eve were evicted because no one could get in, and after the whole global catastrophe of the Flood, there's no reason to assume it would still be around.
:iconvulpimo:
Vulpimo Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
I guess I came across the theory that the dead sea was once eden and then it got pretty wrecked up. But I think it's a place on earth, since Adam and Eve didn't have a space shuttle when they got gtfo'ed
:iconmercury-crowe:
Mercury-Crowe Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
Nope, the Garden of Eden is a real place. :)
:iconcrimsonmagpie:
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
*was
:iconragerancher:
Ragerancher Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
:iconsolum-ipsum:
Solum-Ipsum Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Okay, mind you that I'm not a theologist, nor a Christian, so take my stuff with a grain of salt.

Also, I think I've made a grave mistake:

The Cosmic Demiurge is Adam, Lord of the Firmament. The Firmament is the residence of the sphere of unmoving stars above Eden, but still under the Heavens; essentially, the cosmic bounds. Adam in Eden is Adam, King of Kings, Lord of the World. These are states of human spirit, which is currently disintegrated in a plurality of me, you and them. We could say that today's human is "designed by the image of man", and thus has the potential to resurrect the integral state of the Eden man, and through him, the Cosmic man. Though Christianity denies this, it would ultimately point toward ascending up to, or in the same understanding, becoming (one with) God.
maddmatt Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
I remember seeing "Adam, Lord of the Firmament" in Vegas. Not as musical as I was expecting.
:iconsolum-ipsum:
Solum-Ipsum Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Eden is above the Firmament (the skydome, as the bounds of material reality).

The Garden is by no means a mundanely perceivable place (though already a part of creation), but it is rather an analogical reference to a plane of existence. Adam is by no means a mortal human creature, more like the Demiurge (the cosmic lord, designed by the image of God). The Genesis is one of the most profound and thus most "encrypted" part of the Bible/Torah, with so many supernatural (highest natural) and even supranatural (beyond natural) connotations that taking it literally is a terrible mistake.
maddmatt Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
No. Eden was specifically an Earthly construct separate from the realm of heaven.
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Heaven is the back seat of my Cadillac.
:iconopiumrooster:
opiumrooster Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
no, you're thinking of Pittsburgh.
:iconjuliabohemian:
Juliabohemian Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
Pittsburgh is actually really beautiful.
:iconopiumrooster:
opiumrooster Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
not as much as Detroit.
Never been there. I just remember expecting Pittsburgh to be all gray and industrial. But I went in the fall and the trees were really lovely.
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013   Digital Artist
I'm still waiting to see where Candyland is.
There's a whole game about it, so it must exist.
:iconcharlietheunicornplz:
:iconbullet-magnet:
Bullet-Magnet Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
It was smothered in concrete and made into a parking lot.
:iconcake-fiend:
cake-fiend Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I park my Hummer right where the tree used to be.
:iconcrimsonmagpie:
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Is that a fancy way of telling us you sit down?
:iconcake-fiend:
cake-fiend Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Errr, no?
:iconbullet-magnet:
Bullet-Magnet Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
They missed a trick there. Distribute the seeds, make cuttings, grow them on an industrial scale and make Jam of Knowledge.
:icongreatest-i-am:
Greatest-I-am Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
Care for a dose of truth.

[link]

Key point given to A & E is the virtue of seeking knowledge instead of obeying a command to stay as bright as a bricks.

I also find the following view quite compelling as it answers many questions without having to believe in talking snakes or a God who would murder his children by neglect by keeping them from what would allow them life. The tree of life.

If anyone fell in Eden it was a murdering God.

[link]

Regards
DL
Youtube enlightenment. lol

It must be true...he saw it on youtube!
:iconno-doves-fly-here:
no-doves-fly-here Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
Not sure how a YouTube video is any less viable a source than a deviantART post, such as the ones you make which you seemingly expect people to accept as reputable.
I don't expect anything from people here. And am rarely disappointed.

And when I start posting links to my post ad nauseum you are free to point it out.
:iconno-doves-fly-here:
no-doves-fly-here Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
My only point is that a video being on a shitty site like YouTube doesn't make it inherently invalid, any more than a post being on a shitty site like deviantART does.
No shitty.
:iconlytrigian:
Lytrigian Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Is the Garden of Eden the embodiment of heaven?

No. The narrative makes it clear that it's on the earth.

Or have I missed something?

Ezekiel 28:13
Some people think that the garden still exists somewhere. Others think it was destroyed by the flood that is referenced in the old testament. I consider myself a Christian. But I honestly don’t think heaven is a physical place that is actually located somewhere, as much as it is a transformation of our energy into a superior state of some sort. That’s a drastic oversimplification. I imagine that Eden was probably very nice and perhaps some people’s idea of heaven. But I don’t think that Christian dogma indicates the two were one in the same.
:iconorangekrissy:
OrangeKrissy Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
Actually it wasn't much of a garden after the fall because God let thorns and thistles and all kinds of noxious weeds take over the place. With that I'm sure all the nasty bugs and creeping things took up residence there too. God only kept Adam and Eve out, not anything else. After A&E fell, God didn't want them to live forever in their sinful bodies, only in their spiritual ones which was their souls.
What I mean is, some people believe that there is still something remaining where the garden was. I doubt it would look anything like it did before the fall.
I'm also sure the mid east looks nothing like it did in Biblical times.
It’s probably a missile silo now.
How could it be nice with Satan there?

Do you have any idea why God put him there in the first place?

I have an idea but you might confirm it for me.

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

This indicates that Jesus had no choice.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

This then begs the question.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

One of Christianity's highest form of immorality is what they have done to women.
They have denied them equality and subjugated them to men.

[link]

[link]

[link]

Regards
DL
I’m not going to argue with you or engage in a debate with you. My beliefs won’t be altered by your ranting. Sorry you wasted your time.
:iconblack-allison:
Black-Allison Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
Actually if you read the Bible is very specifically tells you where on Earth it is. It's on the Euphrates Tigris rivers.
And that's where it will end too, when the Tigris and Euphrates dry up to let the Antichrist's army cross over, like Moses with the Red Sea, to march on Israel.
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
Isn't the Antichrist more of a concept that was twisted by those idiots who wrote Left Behind and possibly partially of fault to the Moronic Order of Mormons?
[link]

Regards
DL
:iconkaput6no:
kaput6no Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013   Digital Artist
Yep, some scholars believe that it was located somewhere in Iraq, heh, it seems that the garden of Eden has seen better days.
:iconblack-allison:
Black-Allison Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
I'm still waiting to find some angel standing around with a flaming sword hanging with a tree.
:iconsaeter:
Saeter Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
I remember seeing a documentary where they say that it could have been part of a peninsula that has since sank into the sea or lake.
Add a Comment: