Closed to new replies
January 9, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 834

Sex before marriage- yay or nay?

:icontomoko-karahime:
Tomoko-Karahime Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Hi this is Tomoko Karahime to the public again :)

Just curious on your opinion on the topic of sex before marriage- I know people are very different on this topic so yea ^^

1) yes or no
2) reason why or why not? give DETAILED reasons- I have no time to be dealing with immature people or vague/stupid reasons either- be mature and logical about your answers please

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconseglenieks:
seglenieks Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Yes.

The idea of abstinence prior to marriage made perfect sense before effective birth control. Getting pregnant (or getting someone else pregnant) without a stable relationship was highly irresponsible and dangerous - socially, financially, and most of all for the child. These days it's easy to avoid pregnancy so there isn't really a need to avoid sex before marriage.
:iconkenota:
Kenota Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
Yay. I don't think this natural assumption that sex and morality/love should be tied in together. Sex is recreation, and while it can be spiritual, like a lot of things, I don't think it should necessarily be assumed so. So long as suitable birth control is used, however.
This said, I don't believe marriage is a useful institution. Or at least, I wouldn't be putting my egg in that basket. I am moved to agree with Kahlil Gibran:

"Love one another, but make not a bond of love.
Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.
Fill each other's cups, but drink not from one cup.
Give each other your bread, but eat not from the same loaf."
:iconramebomango:
RameboMango Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I Personally say YAY

Reason: Sexual Comparability, Make sure the key fits. If not you won't be unlocking any new doors.
The reason why a lot of relationships struggle after the commitment is because behind doors the consenting adults are unhappy with their love life.
:iconsalsa-eater:
Salsa-Eater Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
I guess it depends on the couple. If it's a man and a women, I say nay because I don't think it's right for Children to have to be born out of wedlock. Of course that's an ideal interpretation of sex and marriage, but I don't suppose it's the end of the world if a couple does have sex before getting married.
:iconastrikos:
Astrikos Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013   General Artist
:B It's fine if it's not too soon.. I guess. :nod:
:iconlifh:
Lifh Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
Abstinence is stupid and everybody who believes in it is stupid.
:icontesm:
TESM Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
No, for a number of reasons.

One of the responses that treats the other person as a car to test drive makes sex the goal and the person an object.

The goal is to love the other person and sex is a very specific (and exclusive) means of expressing that love that should be reserved to a commitment like marriage. Man's vocation is to love, and this can be done with sex or no sex. But when it comes to a proper relationship sex should not be a 'test' or just an outlet for the couple but the cumulative expression of their friendship, fidelity, and total self-gift.
:iconpuzzledheartbox:
PuzzledHeartBox Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013
Yes, you have to taste the merchandise before purchasing it :bucktooth:
:iconkausawolf:
kausawolf Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Most sardinely yes!

I never understood the whole sex and marriage thing going hand in hand.
Skiff you love salmon, you should mako love with them. A piece of paper doesn't mako it any moor oar less alright.
Sex is about love, not marriage.

(Saury in advance fur the fishy puns, long dory)
:icontomoko-karahime:
Tomoko-Karahime Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
its k for the fishy puns XD its so cute!
I don't necessarily agree with you, but the fish thing in there made it so strangely cute :rofl:
Add a Comment: