Statistics

Replies: 9

CONSCIOUSNESS OUR DIMENSIONAL PORTABILITY

:iconbcpaintings:
bcpaintings Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
email: ben.r.christianson@gmail.com
CONSCIOUSNESS OUR DIMENSIONAL PORTABILITY
Theory Of Anything

These new works are a glimpse into my study of mankind's consciousness. While people search for answers in outer space and use large machines I choose to stay on my couch and go on a trip far inside my mind. My concentration creates a great disconnect from my usual sensory systems, as the wavelengths in my brain get smaller and faster a great sensation connects me with new thoughts and possibilities. It fades and leaves me confused, just then round two starts but I am ready this time. I close my eyes and focus on were its coming from, I can feel it now and I am not letting go. Waves of light, expansion, abstraction, contraction. This is were enlightenment can be found and this is how I paint.

To believe in the power of the mind you must understand that size is only a mater of perspective. There is more room in my head than in the observable universe. There is plenty of room in our heads to find new ideas, solve complex problems, and create a great future but currently there is no explanation for what consciousness is. Faith in religion can help but because of recent discoveries we need a new theory of everything, the problem is we don't have a theory of anything, anybody can say religion is wrong but nobody can replace it with an explanation of consciousness.

My paintings are a search for new understanding, I fight for the future with my art, never is a painting of mine without conflict. This conflict creates great energy but there is no peace of mind without understanding. For now my paintings remain in a state of clostrophopanic until they understand what they truly are, until we all find out what we truly are.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconskulkey:
skulkey Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
read some Ken Wilber.
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
:thumbsdown:
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013   Digital Artist
Yeah sometimes I get stoned and make art too.
I difference is that I don't think I'm the first person to do it and that what I'm doing is some kind of amazing new discovery.
:iconjuliabohemian:
Juliabohemian Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Professional Photographer
This sounds an awful lot like solarspawn...
:iconbullet-magnet:
Bullet-Magnet Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
Unfortunately you can't trust any of the conclusions your brain comes up with. You have to check them against reality first. And in the case of the study of consciousness, you can't use the thing you are studying to study it. The observations of any effects and occurrences will be affected by those effects and occurrences, and your observations will also affect those effects and occurrences. there's a feedback there that obliterates the usefulness of your results. That's why neurologists and psychologists have to use other people as their subjects, not themselves.
:iconensoul:
ensoul Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Professional General Artist
Tl;dr I do lot of weed
:iconstoneman123:
stoneman123 Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You are a pretensious one, aren't you? What you're doing isn't particularly rare or special. Plenty of artists before you have taken advantage of the strangeness of their idle thoughts for inspiration. You're talking about what amounts to glorified daydreaming as a thing greater than science, and it just isn't. It is merely another quirk of the organic computer we call the human brain.

Speaking of science:

". . . anybody can say religion is wrong but nobody can replace it with an explanation of consciousness. "

Oh, but I can. It's perfectly clear to me that consciousness is simply a function of the brain, caused by electrical impulses firing down neurons and the exchange of hormones and other chemicals. We can observe this with a simple CAT scan. The activity in the brain varies in both intensity and location depending on the person's state of consciousness. A neurologist could look at the CAT scan and tell whether the person was afraid, angry, asleep, wide awake, high on drugs, or dead, and in death, all brain activity ceases.

I don't think that's a particularly clever observation, either. Anybody could figure this stuff out, but instead, pretensious people like you prefer to believe that their brains are actually phenomenal, transcendant engines of cosmic discovery, instead of just organic computers. I find such a sentiment both apallingly arrogant and disturbing.
:iconhurricaneclaw:
Hurricaneclaw Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
nah
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
You missed the thumbshare forum
Add a Comment: