Closed to new replies
January 6, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 103

Philosophy of Death and Dying

:icontwisted-r:
Twisted-R Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Tell me, what are your thoughts on this? I've been looking around to see what is said out there, and it's very interesting (along with the psychology of death and dying. :D) But I would like to see your interpretations of this subject.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconechointhevoid:
EchoInTheVoid Jan 16, 2013  Student Writer
I see the highlights of one's life flashes before them, and then they grow very warm and serene. And if there is a strong existing guilt in them towards some person they knew/known they begin seeing them right beside them and pleading for acceptance and forgiveness. But I haven't shuffled off of this mortal coil just yet so I would not know (I guess that's why it's in the philosophy forum!)
:iconthewerewolfpuppy:
TheWerewolfPuppy Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I've heard that some scientists say that a few seconds after you die (or right before you die, I don't remember) the brain will send out some signals and make the dying person feel really happy and peacefull. At the same time the center of the brain that keeps track of time is "turned off". So, they mean that these seconds of happiness will feel like an eternity.

But noone really knows for sure. I've heard a lot of different philosophies of what happens after we die. I think the scariest one is one that says that you just end up in a sort of waiting area, all by yourself, where you'll just sit and wait for an eternity for something that will never happen. You just sit and wait...
:iconseth2012chaos:
seth2012chaos Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Well we'll just die and see what happens, but I don't believe in the religious prize-punishment approach to an after-death stage. That's like some divine dog training in my opinion. We will obviously die sometime, what happens later if anything happens, I'll wait and see.
:iconml4p:
ML4P Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I sincerely hope ninety percent of humans die including myself but no one gets to decide for another person when that happens
:iconkaikaku:
kaikaku Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
100% of humans die eventually.
That gives me reason to get up everyday
:lol: Dark humor is good.
Soo good ever watch black books?
No, but if you're recommending it I'll try to check it out. :)
Yea it's a British but its on Netflix very funny
Add a Comment: