Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 5, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 209

If you could create your own religion...

:iconkittythenekoalien:
KittyTheNekoAlien Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
... what would it be about?
Would it have gods, one god, no gods, or some other focus of worship? What kind of laws would it have? What about the mythology behind it, or any kind of afterlife?
Discuss!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmcdenis09:
McDenis09 Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Balloonism, we would worship the MIGHTY BALLOON. And our religious leaders would wear balloon hats.
KittyTheNekoAlien Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
AND THEN EVERYONE LIVES IN BLIMPS AND HOT AIR BALLOONS! :dummy:
:iconbluefire-the-dragon:
Bluefire-the-Dragon Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
They can believe in whatever they want, just so long as they are kind to others.
That's basically how I feel about religion :P
:iconpindanglicious:
pindanglicious Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
no i won't. i can't do anything without God. God is different with human.
Well, you don't HAVE to answer the thread if you don't want.
:iconbrainninja11:
brainninja11 Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Student General Artist
I would have a god that doesn't care about whether people have unshakable faith in them, but rather oversaw that people had food, shelter, and basic care. No worship is required. Instead of mindless worship, people spend their time trying to learn and make society better. As far as mythology, I like the idea that Satan has been a misrepresented character. That he was condemned for enlightening humanity, and this is wrong. So maybe the god is Lucifer, who regained his glory and took over heaven. After death, people must understand the wrongs they have done. Once they do and are forgiven by those they have wronged, they go to heaven, which is a state of peace and tranquility of the soul. They can relive moments of their life, or converse with other souls in harmony (or angrily if they prefer). Those left unforgiven by those they wronged are stuck on Earth as ghosts, and must help people until they have done enough good.

Either that, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster shooting people with lasers. That sounds pretty cool too.
KittyTheNekoAlien Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Interesting concept. I can relate on the bit of Satan and such - I mean how essentially, humanity gains knowledge and this is seen as a BAD thing. Sure, knowledge has it's disadvantages, but people shouldn't be punished for it! It's almost like Christianity at times suggests we should be eternally like children in every way, including complete dependency and all that.
I believe enlightenment should be considered a blessing if anything.
:iconbrainninja11:
brainninja11 Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Student General Artist
Ignorance may be bliss, but I want no part of it.
KittyTheNekoAlien Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Exactly!
Add a Comment: