free will and the omnipotence of God

If free will exists, then God is not omnipotent. Yes?
Comments74
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
god is everything, not some being trying to dominate us and keep us controlled, judging me whether i touch my prick at night or not... If people judge themselves and obey their own ignorance, then that action is part of "god". Ignorance itself is a necessary force, even if we usually view it as bad.
God to me is life itself, progress, good and evil, space, time, infinity but to put in words would be an understatement, we are part of god and god is part of us. in reality there is nothing separate from itself, everything is one. Only through our ego and the way we are programmed do we see separations, labels.

but really i dont believe in free will, since we are basically a victim of our past, our environment and things that are much bigger and have a lot of influence on us, things that drives us day to day.
but its a lie that makes us feel good, that makes us think we have some power, that some microscopic dust in the infinite cosmos is able to withstand the waves of winds and stay in place.

If freewill exist it would only be in a small percentage, but to have that small percentage you would have to change your lifestyle, your thinking patterns, overcome your human condition. basically its a waste of time even thinking about it, why cant we just live in the present and live our best without any need for justifications of what exists and what not
productno49, your statement strikes me as profound, even though we are opposites.
Stop making so many damn threads.
If you look at Deism, most believe that God created everything, but then chose to stay out of the way and doesn't interact with humans at all.
I can handle Deists, it's agnostics that I can't stand.
Do they just not have an opinion about God in general, since they basically say they don't know if there is or isn't a god?
Not to have an opinion on God is pretty much the last straw with me.
What if a person simply didn't care?
Then why should I care about them? They'd only be a nuisance.
What makes them a nuisance though? Just because they are undecided on one idea?
View all replies
The only way you're going to get libertarian free will is by an omnipotent God granting you it.
Or that there isn't one.
And that there isn't free will.
Well yes that is a possibility. However if we are not capable of free will and the God of the bible exists then we are not responsible for our actions and if there is free will and the God of the bible then we are still not deserving of eternal punishment for finite crimes.
If God exists, he has the power to be and that is all.
I misread as "The Impotence of God"

Poor guy
Pole ten foot in my backpack.

Wait, what were we talking about?
I do what I d**n well please. I don't need an invisible being to tell me what I should do. That includes my beliefs.
I don't have a ten foot pole :saddummy:
Why give it up so easily?
I'm currently touching my ten foot pole.
You win, sir.