Closed to new replies
January 5, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 73

free will and the omnipotence of God

:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
If free will exists, then God is not omnipotent. Yes?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconproductno49:
productno49 Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Professional General Artist
god is everything, not some being trying to dominate us and keep us controlled, judging me whether i touch my prick at night or not... If people judge themselves and obey their own ignorance, then that action is part of "god". Ignorance itself is a necessary force, even if we usually view it as bad.
God to me is life itself, progress, good and evil, space, time, infinity but to put in words would be an understatement, we are part of god and god is part of us. in reality there is nothing separate from itself, everything is one. Only through our ego and the way we are programmed do we see separations, labels.

but really i dont believe in free will, since we are basically a victim of our past, our environment and things that are much bigger and have a lot of influence on us, things that drives us day to day.
but its a lie that makes us feel good, that makes us think we have some power, that some microscopic dust in the infinite cosmos is able to withstand the waves of winds and stay in place.

If freewill exist it would only be in a small percentage, but to have that small percentage you would have to change your lifestyle, your thinking patterns, overcome your human condition. basically its a waste of time even thinking about it, why cant we just live in the present and live our best without any need for justifications of what exists and what not
carusmm Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
productno49, your statement strikes me as profound, even though we are opposites.
:iconsvataben:
Svataben Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Stop making so many damn threads.
:iconkittythenekoalien:
KittyTheNekoAlien Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
If you look at Deism, most believe that God created everything, but then chose to stay out of the way and doesn't interact with humans at all.
I can handle Deists, it's agnostics that I can't stand.
Do they just not have an opinion about God in general, since they basically say they don't know if there is or isn't a god?
Not to have an opinion on God is pretty much the last straw with me.
What if a person simply didn't care?
Then why should I care about them? They'd only be a nuisance.
What makes them a nuisance though? Just because they are undecided on one idea?
Add a Comment: