Skvattram Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
How much money?
How much food?
How many dog lives?
How many rat lives?
How many fish lives?
How many spider lives?
etc.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconstoneman123:
stoneman123 Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Worth is subjective. From my point of view, my own life is priceless, and the life of most other human beings is nothing. If a person can't affect me in the slightest, for good or ill, they are worthless to me. Keep in mind, that's only under the assumption of a strong, thriving population. If the population were to rapidly decline, individual humans would become more valuable to me, as I need some of them to maintain society.

Further, an individual's worth can be raised or lowered by certain factors. My teachers, doctors, my friends and family members, for example, are all valuable to some degree, as they provide me with useful resources. Other people, like drug dealers, thieves, murderers, people who cut in front of me in the lunch line, people who compete with me for the final spot in a college course I'm trying to register for, etc., are of negative value, as I feel I would be better off if they were dead.

Now, in regards to your original post, it is very difficult to assign a definitive numerical value of any unit to these people, and I wouldn't even bother. All you need to know is there relative value compared to other people and compared to the negative value of any good or service they would ask of you in return. For example, if I saw my father about to get run over by a car, I'd probably risk injury to save him. Finishing college would likely be out of the question without his monetary support. On the other hand, if I saw my doctor or one of teachers about to get run over, I wouldn't bother. Their services, though valuable, are easily replaced. For a third example, if I saw my brother about to get run over, I wouldn't say anything, and inwardly celebrate when it did hit him, for he is a neurotic, drug-addled, lying thief, a shame to our family and a useless drain on our resources.
:iconknightfawkes:
KnightFawkes Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Only as much as the people around them are willing to put on it.
:iconvictorianexcentric:
VictorianExcentric Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
This [link] is the ammunition for an AK-47, a weapon designed for waging war and killing people. So, as a society, we clearly are not putting a lot of value on the lives of others...esp. given how willing we are to sell this to whomever, whenever...

VE.
:iconkeydan:
Keydan Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
Bullets are expensive. There are cheaper ways!
:iconvictorianexcentric:
VictorianExcentric Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Well, nothing beats punching your enemy into a pulp, when in comes down to getting all "up, close and personal". Plus it has that old arts and crafts side to it...And edge weapons, while more expensive, certainly have a high re-usability...one can use a good claymore for many many decapitations.

Nonetheless, the point I was trying to convey hopefully remains, the price of lethal weapons designed <solely> for war is rather telling at how much we truly value life.

VE.</solely>
:iconphanthom-art:
PhanThom-art Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
depends on what they did with their life. If they were a bad person their value would go down and vice versa. I guess it works like karma in a videogame. If you do good deeds you gain points and if you do bad deeds points get deducted.
But really good people would be priceless.
:iconunclegargy:
UncleGargy Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Whatever they earned in life. If they are a family man/woman then the adult left behind will have to make up the shortfall. I just pray that I got first.
:iconpaellamagi:
paellamagi Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Well in Burundi it's 82 dollars a year according to Wikipedia.
:iconel-and-noxi:
El-and-Noxi Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist
How much money? - On one side of a balance scale put a person, on the other side start putting paper bills. When the scale is in a perfect balance... that's the right value. Wanna try it? (but I keep the money) =P
How much food? - Around 140 pounds of meat with bones.
How many dog lives? - That's a tough one; I like dogs :confused:
How many rat lives? - One rat carrying an infected flea(s).
How many fish lives? - None. (you can't grill a human)
How many spider lives? - Spiders are superior to humans! (Had to say that, since there is a big hairy eight-legged monster observing me from the ceiling):fear:
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013   Digital Artist
A trillion dollar coin.
Flagged as Spam
:icondinysrawr:
dinysrawr Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Omg I love your user name :3 That's my favourite book from the series.

ANYWAY

Was just gonna say that I agree with what you said lol.
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
About 90 years
:iconmacerider:
MaceRider Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
How many spider lives?

:iconwatplz:
:iconjessaflux:
JessaFlux Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013   Photographer
Probably you could get $100 for selling your blood, $25,000 for selling your organs on the black market, and whatever your life insurance pays.
:iconafter--life:
After--Life Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student Digital Artist
One human life is equal in worth to one human life.
:iconjericawinters:
JericaWinters Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
Priceless! :squee:
:iconepsilonxiii:
EpsilonXIII Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student Digital Artist
It is not the worth of a human, but of it's impactthink of a human life as a drop of water in a lake. it itself is insignificant, but the impact that it makes can reach out to millions.
but it's not to say that a human life isn't valuable. It's to say we are priceless.

It is impossible to measure the value of a human, because there is no unit of measurement that wasn't made up by humans.because if we were able to come up with a unit of measurement for the value of a human, what is that measurement worth, and what is the measurement of that measurement worth?

The only thing I can think of that could comprehend our value is a deity, if you believe in one. or two..
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
3.73 USD :dummy:
:iconartistoffewtalents:
ArtistofFewTalents Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
That's funny, I was thinking around the same thing.
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
I think I read that's how much gold value is in your body; from a Bathroom reader.
:iconartistoffewtalents:
ArtistofFewTalents Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
Well that is a very useful fact.
:iconbullet-magnet:
Bullet-Magnet Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
There's too much to consider. Their age, relative innocence, virginity, whether their soul has already been sold off to a third party... You have no idea how much a kid's soul fetches on the black markets of the Nether. But an old whore? Not so much. There's a surplus of those down there.
:iconwhiskersalt:
WhiskerSalt Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Interface Designer
Nothing.
:iconnosugarjustanger:
nosugarjustanger Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
For some, it's worth billions of dollars. For some, it's zero or even negative. 

It all depends.
:iconartificialphantom:
ARTificialphanTOM Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Let's see, 1/7,000,000,000=just about 0.
:iconfirstxaidxkit:
FIRSTxAIDxKIT Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Professional Interface Designer
Average as in...age? Because some might argue that age doesn't matter, while some might argue that a senior citizen is more/less valuable than a middle aged person who is more/less valuable than an infant or toddler. :shrug:
:iconm-j-gagne:
M-J-Gagne Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Is there above or below average human life?
:iconpokecat:
pokecat Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
To the earth: Nothing at all, it would go on without humans.
To socity: Depends on what you do for them.
To armed forces (army, navy..):A lot if they think you are a war hero, yet they respect you even more if you are a dead war hero.
:iconpriteeboy:
priteeboy Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
From a cold yet logical point of view - without any bias by emotions generation from knowing them for some time, I would say a human is worth how much more they contribute than they consume. By which I mean a human that consumes more than they contributes or "takes more than they give" is below-worthless. One that does about the same and "breaks even" is neither worthless or valuable. One that contributes more and leaves at least something behind for future generations is worth at least something. After all - for a society to grow - each needs to leave a little more than they take, otherwise it would stagnate or even degenerate :O
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013   Digital Artist
That is the best answer I feel to this question.
:iconsachi-pon:
Sachi-pon Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
but there's no one true way to measure how much someone's "given" and "consumed."
That's true. So I mean it in a sense that if there really was some kind of greater power who knows the life-history of everyone - then maybe that could be the judge (trying not to sound religious here as I'm not, just sayi'n if there were :p) Like a hypothetical "tally" at the end of someone's life that measures what they did, how much they contributed, how much they took, how many lives they improved vs how many lives they made worse etc :nod:
:icondisappearing-inkwell:
Disappearing-Inkwell Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
a human life is worth nothing (money) , i only say that because soon as you put a price on something fights rise about it

but if you mean 'worth' in any other meaning... i would say that it is worth what ever you put into it...

and there is no true 'average' when it comes to humans, so your question cant be answered anyway.
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
The world.
:iconkittythenekoalien:
KittyTheNekoAlien Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Oh, it's called HumanForSale.com , just found it!
If I find the time and energy I should give that a try. Seeing such high figures on those other two users so far has got me curious :plotting:
KittyTheNekoAlien Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Holy crap, I didn't even think others would be checking the site I found XD I feel slightly important now! :iconderpplz:
Apparently the highest at one point was an obese middle-eastern woman :o
:iconreptilliansp2011:
ReptillianSP2011 Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Student General Artist
Result, sir?
priteeboy Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Eh, forget - too many "American" terms for me to understand and fill out everything actually. I don't measure in pounds, feet, inches. We have something different to "SAT's" when determining our school results etc. After running into half a dozen questions I couldn't get "proper" answers for, I found continuing to be redundant :p
:iconreptilliansp2011:
ReptillianSP2011 Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student General Artist
I am worth exactly $1,498,230 according to that.
Heh, last time I checked, I was worth in the 2 mil range >:D Wonder if my value would have gone up or down since then?
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Professional Artist
$2,360,074

Shit, I wish I could take a loan against that :p
:iconmightybearrr:
mightybearrr Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Professional Filmographer
$2,809,086

Oh yea B)
:iconultraviolet:
ultraviolet Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
a 'average' human? whats that? please explain before a can comment
KittyTheNekoAlien Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
There's actually a website that estimates how much you're worth based on your education level, height, weight, ethnicity, all sorts of factors. I can't remember the name of the site though XD
UncleGargy Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Wonder if it links you to a suidicide site after?;-)
Well knowing your IQ and SAT scores and stuff would be useless if the human were dead.
UncleGargy Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Well I came out as over $1.5Million. Just worried for the ones who are only worth $100 or less ;-)
Add a Comment: