God is Dead

I want to read your opinion about the Nietzsche quote "God is dead", in advance thank you to all who participate.
Comments40
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I think he meant that people dont believe in god anymore and that the traditional sense of understanding "God" is dying.
If there's a God, which I doubt it, he have been dead for a very long time. But I don't believe in God. I'm an atheist. I believe in the big bang theory and evolution.
Considering what I know of my God, the statement is almost ridiculous. However, I can see where a statement like this would come from, thus I can understand why he would say that.
We're considering Nietzsche, not you.
Were considering my opinion on Nietzsche, therefore the statement is relevant.
Of course you have to consider it seeing his whole philosophy, I mean " God is daeth" it doen't mean that the christian god is dead, but that the Dionisio is forgot by our culture based on Apollineo(chaos and order is the perfect equilibrium before Socrate), and that now Apollo is ready to be killed to restablish the perfect equiolibrium, with this discover only few people can reach the active nihilism that for also very few people can take the born of the Ubermensh.(sorry i was a little quickly in the last part)
Omigosh I love you! :glomp:
Well... you're smart. And cute. :D
I'm not smart...i studied Nietzshe...diffently than the people that answered your post...
Well, most people are too ignorant to do that, so that makes you smarter, right? :D
no, but the problem is that no one teach philosophy in other state school, so you have answers like that...and this is sad.
View all replies
Your still cute.
No-one really believes in God anymore. God is dead.
How, would you know, if you're "spiritually dead." The Bible says, all men are "spiritually dead" and cann't discern to see the truth nor cann't hear the spiritual things of God. It's like a dead corpses who can not hear nor see. Because, they are dead. Until, God gives you a new heart and a new spirit, only then you know that God is not dead. Christ, illustrated this sample, when He raised "Lazarus" from the dead. "He was a stinking corpse." Until, Christ called him by his name, then, Lazarus was able to See and Hear the Voice of God. Because, God gave him a new heart and new soul. Wherefore, his heart started to pump blood and his Spirit was awaken.
Nothing you say matters if the bible is false and the ONLY thing that says that it is not is the bible itself. Considering the amount of claims on the nature of reality that has been proven wrong; there is a more than likely all of it is NOT any statement of factual knowledge.
god's image was created by man, thus god was never truly alive, and what was never alive can not die...

so by saying 'god is dead' is the same as saying 'god never was'
God is not flesh and blood, so dead is not in His nature.
That's because IT's imaginary.
I don't know the context that is from in the original source material, but on it's own I'd say someone was trying to say that more and more people are giving up on religion and facing more logical/scientific facts :nod:
God is immortal and cannot die, nor can his word.
Maybe it should be reworded as 'Faith is Dead'
I'm going out on a limb in the religion board but...
How can something you might not believe ever existed be dead? Unless it refers to the context of people becoming less god fearing and more confortable with the idea of not having to believe?
I believe it was a statement of cultural relevance.