Details

Closed to new replies
January 4, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 39
:icongothicdarkness:
Gothicdarkness Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013   Writer
I want to read your opinion about the Nietzsche quote "God is dead", in advance thank you to all who participate.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconproductno49:
productno49 Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Professional General Artist
I think he meant that people dont believe in god anymore and that the traditional sense of understanding "God" is dying.
:iconfireshockerbill:
FireshockerBill Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
If there's a God, which I doubt it, he have been dead for a very long time. But I don't believe in God. I'm an atheist. I believe in the big bang theory and evolution.
:iconkillianseraphim:
KillianSeraphim Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Student General Artist
Considering what I know of my God, the statement is almost ridiculous. However, I can see where a statement like this would come from, thus I can understand why he would say that.
:iconpandadrake:
Pandadrake Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
We're considering Nietzsche, not you.
:iconkillianseraphim:
KillianSeraphim Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Student General Artist
Were considering my opinion on Nietzsche, therefore the statement is relevant.
:iconnenril-tf:
Nenril-Tf Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Of course you have to consider it seeing his whole philosophy, I mean " God is daeth" it doen't mean that the christian god is dead, but that the Dionisio is forgot by our culture based on Apollineo(chaos and order is the perfect equilibrium before Socrate), and that now Apollo is ready to be killed to restablish the perfect equiolibrium, with this discover only few people can reach the active nihilism that for also very few people can take the born of the Ubermensh.(sorry i was a little quickly in the last part)
:iconsolum-ipsum:
Solum-Ipsum Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Omigosh I love you! :glomp:
Nenril-Tf Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Why??
Solum-Ipsum Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Well... you're smart. And cute. :D
I'm not smart...i studied Nietzshe...diffently than the people that answered your post...
Well, most people are too ignorant to do that, so that makes you smarter, right? :D
no, but the problem is that no one teach philosophy in other state school, so you have answers like that...and this is sad.
Yes... Yes, it is. :(
:iconsaeter:
Saeter Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
Your still cute.
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
No-one really believes in God anymore. God is dead.
:icontimehasanend:
TimeHasAnEnd Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist
How, would you know, if you're "spiritually dead." The Bible says, all men are "spiritually dead" and cann't discern to see the truth nor cann't hear the spiritual things of God. It's like a dead corpses who can not hear nor see. Because, they are dead. Until, God gives you a new heart and a new spirit, only then you know that God is not dead. Christ, illustrated this sample, when He raised "Lazarus" from the dead. "He was a stinking corpse." Until, Christ called him by his name, then, Lazarus was able to See and Hear the Voice of God. Because, God gave him a new heart and new soul. Wherefore, his heart started to pump blood and his Spirit was awaken.
Saeter Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
Nothing you say matters if the bible is false and the ONLY thing that says that it is not is the bible itself. Considering the amount of claims on the nature of reality that has been proven wrong; there is a more than likely all of it is NOT any statement of factual knowledge.
:icondisappearing-inkwell:
Disappearing-Inkwell Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
god's image was created by man, thus god was never truly alive, and what was never alive can not die...

so by saying 'god is dead' is the same as saying 'god never was'
TimeHasAnEnd Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist
God is not flesh and blood, so dead is not in His nature.
That's because IT's imaginary.
:iconpriteeboy:
priteeboy Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I don't know the context that is from in the original source material, but on it's own I'd say someone was trying to say that more and more people are giving up on religion and facing more logical/scientific facts :nod:
:iconafter--life:
After--Life Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student Digital Artist
God is immortal and cannot die, nor can his word.
:iconunclegargy:
UncleGargy Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Maybe it should be reworded as 'Faith is Dead'
:iconcenaris:
Cenaris Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm going out on a limb in the religion board but...
How can something you might not believe ever existed be dead? Unless it refers to the context of people becoming less god fearing and more confortable with the idea of not having to believe?
I believe it was a statement of cultural relevance.
:iconwesmeadow:
Wesmeadow Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Then I have no reason at all to be merciful to my enemies.

Life becomes inanimate and priority one becomes survival of the fittest.
Really you should not have mercy on your enemies lest you wish for your own death or enslavement.

We became the dominant species on the planet because of our capacity for cooperation.
:iconwesmeadow:
Wesmeadow Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Student Digital Artist
There was cooperation in daycare when the other kids held me, as one kid tried to spray my eyes out with bleach.

There was cooperation when the class ganged up on my friend and myself in a massive 10 against 2 school yard fight.

Hell with cooperation man, it is over rated!
Sorry for your bad experiences. Not all of what we do is rational nor beneficial towards others. But for the most part benefitting the group in turn benefits the self. Major problems occur due to the divisions of race, class, nationality, and religion. When we are really one group humanity.
:iconpenhuin:
Penhuin Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
An excuse to go into retirement
:icontokkamak:
tokkamak Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013   Digital Artist
If I may jump in, you comment somehow reminded me of George Carlin's quote: "I was thinking about how people seem to read the Bible a whole lot more as they get older; then it dawned on me - they're cramming for their final exam".
:iconpenhuin:
Penhuin Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
:lol: That's beautiful!
:iconlytrigian:
Lytrigian Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
It's a philosophical statement, not a literal one, that must be understood in context.
:icondariadzyuba:
DariaDzyuba Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
:iconhappynegroplz: :iconsaysplz: God is dead ?? Holy shit !
:iconcrystalclearly86:
CrystalClearly86 Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
I never thought much about there being a God until I was almost killed after being hit by a car. In fact I did die but was revived. I probably should not have survived but I did, so I now believe there is a higher power. The only thing I remember about the accident, besides the car bearing down on me, was hearing beautiful music and sensing beautiful flowers as well as feeling at peace. The only thing after that was waking up in the hospital after being in a coma for 2 weeks. There was just something about the reality of the music and stuff that makes me believe there is something after death.
TimeHasAnEnd Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist
God Bless You! May the Lord continue to be with you. Because of your Faith in God, He has saved you.
:iconatlantech:
Atlantech Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I think I prefer :iconraptorjesusplz::iconsaysplz: Where is your god now?
:iconmaddmatt:
maddmatt Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
It says more about Nietzsche than it does about God. And people who cling to it reveal more about themselves than they do any statement about God.
:iconbullet-magnet:
Bullet-Magnet Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
The statement itself is meaningless. The context is the important part, which you'll only really know by reading him.

For example, I'd be inclined to answer it literally, that something that never existed cannot be dead, so it is wrong. Someone else might interpret it to mean the role of god in society, and conclude that the common invocation of god and religion in society means that god is not dead dead. Both of us would therefore agree that the quote is wrong, but for wildly different reasons that the fact of our agreement doesn't even begin to indicate. And the chances are that neither of us have anything of value to say on the topic anyway, having not read Nietsche. I'm quite certain that my interpretation is way off of the mark.
Add a Comment: