Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 3, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 49

What do you think about the statement "Only Death is real" taken as the philosophy of meta

:icongothicdarkness:
Gothicdarkness Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013   Writer
What do you think about the statement "Only Death is real" taken as the philosophy of extreme metal bands? Its true or not? And how that statement can change the view of life of the people tha follow the metal culture?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconvulpimo:
Vulpimo Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013
If death would be real, but life wasn't, then we would have something that can die even though it has never lived.
:iconsolum-ipsum:
Solum-Ipsum Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
>philosophy of meta
>philosophy of extreme metal bands

Fuck you, internet. FUCK YOU. :facepalm:
Gothicdarkness Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013   Writer
Sorry if my grammatical errors hurts your eyes, sorry
:iconsolum-ipsum:
Solum-Ipsum Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
No way man, it's just that it looked like something about metaphysics from the outside. :XD:
:iconbargaoanms:
BargaoanMS Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I love metal but I must say, is a lot of theatricality around there. Being a tough guy in pink pajamas is hard so of course must be leather and chains and tattoos and death.
I don't think "Only Death is real" is meant to be a life statement (would be too ironic) so must be a way to collect in a single phrase the values of a culture. Is a brand!

Acknowledging your death may give you the push you need to live as you want, despite society's norms but if you push it too far would be as if trying to enjoy a party thinking you will play Russian roulette between drinks and dances.
Im agree with you, maybe I dont choose the rigth words to make my question, but what you say is pretty to much like what I think about that.
:iconbargaoanms:
BargaoanMS Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Then we agreed to... agreed...
:iconphanthom-art:
PhanThom-art Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
what mci021 and Bullet-Magnet said. Also it's just a stupid way to think, it just evokes depression and suicide.
Well, sorry for the late reply, I know is a dark view of things, but I dont think than is necessarily depressive or suicide
:iconhanciong:
hanciong Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
if you think death is real, then you are forced to conclude life is real too.
Add a Comment: