Replies: 90

What is your sexuality theory? (A poll)

:iconreptilliansp2011:
ReptillianSP2011 Jan 3, 2013  Student General Artist
Sexuality Theories
1. Hormonal influences
-a. Before birth
-b. Throughout lifetime

2. Bio-measurement correlative condition(Trying to find the scientific term to relating measurements of the human body for correlation)
-a. Bodily lengths
-b. Brain shaping characteristic

3. Genetics
-a. Pre-determination
-b. Pre-disposition

4. Epi-genetics

5. Environmental

6. Neurological
-a. Neurological characteristics in terms of shape and areas for sections
-b. Neurological development
-c. Wiring and the physiological functions of the brain

7. Social construction
-a. Existential assumption about sexuality based up societal definition theory.
-b. Relativistic sexuality
-c. Non-existential assumption about sexuality theory

8. Combinations or other
-Take in note that this would require me to put over possibly 400 theories (Certainly there are over 364 theories) about sexuality, so you must post in the comment that you picked combinations.

Rule: You must pick the ones that you adhere to. If you believe in the genetic determinism theory, then you must show that you picked 3a by saying something on the line like 'I adhere to 3a'. As for other/combinations, you must something on the line of 'I adhere to 8, and I support 3b and 7a, (explain your position)'.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmoofactory:
1/3/6

We're just a bunch of chemicals thrown together and see what happens.
9 times out of 10 the same thing happens, one in every 10 a random event occurs and it changes the outcome, determined by 1/3 and 6.

Cell fusion is messy and unpredictable.
I could have just as easily come out born with no arms as I could have been born non heterosexual.
:iconkillianseraphim:
KillianSeraphim Jan 7, 2013  Student General Artist
I supposed I'd say number 5 and 7. While I'm not willing to conclude that people are born a certain sexuality, I am willing to conclude that, for as long as the person can remember, they were a certain sexuality. Thus, I think there is a possibility that sexuality is the result of a particular upbringing or environment, be it consciously or unconsciously achieved.
:icontaylor17387:
taylor17387 Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I adhere to 1.a, 2.b and 3.a. That is, if you're talking about sexual orientation.
For fetishes and paraphilias, I believe there are strong environmental or social factors.
:iconreptilliansp2011:
ReptillianSP2011 Jan 6, 2013  Student General Artist
So, basically a completely deterministic theory meaning no changes possible from birth, sexuality is static till death. Ok.
:icontaylor17387:
taylor17387 Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Deterministic, yes. But that doesn't mean that sexuality can't change over time.
I've known of some persons that have evolved from straight to bisexual (and who knows, maybe they'll end up being gay). However, I believe that flexibility is also predetermined; either you're born with it or you don't.
:iconnenril-tf:
Nenril-Tf Jan 4, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
A co,bination theory, i mean of course it is dictated by the hormonal influece that are codify before birth but influenced by the enviroment, but also the society and his moral influence the sexuality(what the different type of sexuality in ages) and in this society-moral i put also the enviroment that influenced the think-way of the people.
:iconrionx:
8. Choice- true sexuality is based on choice.
:iconlytrigian:
Lytrigian Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Anyone who looks for the One True Explanation for any aspect of human behavior is barking up the wrong tree, and that included any particular "combination". You might be able to identify the building blocks of sexuality in one or another individual, but the last thing I expect would be to be able to identify them for everyone, everywhere, in all times.
:icondragonflae:
My entire sexual theory?

It doesn't matter. Let people love.
:iconyrke:
Yrke Jan 6, 2013  Student
:iconthisplz:
Add a Comment: