Closed to new replies
January 2, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 124

Keep Christ in Christmas

:iconbetweenskill:
BetweenSkill Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student Writer
This is one thing that annoys me to all ends because it was never in Christmas in the first place. It should be called "Put Christ BACK in Christmas".

Pagan winter solstice celebrations were happening far before Christianity reached them, a good example being the Christmas tree which was a Germanic Pagan tradition (I believe).

In reality, IF the man named Jesus existed, the actual evidence of that points to his actual date of birth being somewhere around March or April. Not even close to the "holiday season". The whole reason why the Christian celebration of Jesus' "birth" is in December is because they adapted it to please the pagan "recruits".

Christ never actually was in Christmas. You can't keep something in something that it never was in to begin with.

And don't ruin my Christmas because of it. I don't need to spend it with God to have a good time. My family, girlfriend and friends are enough :)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconrhichter:
Rhichter Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013
What the hell are you talking about. Christmas has nothing to do with religion, its the celebration of the birth of santa.
BetweenSkill Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013  Student Writer
Actually to be correct, it's the first time Santa ever danced with the velociraptors named Adam and Steve among the daisy fields of delusion.
:iconrhichter:
Rhichter Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013
Praise be unto he, father of the easter bunny. Uncle to the tooth fairy.
Mother of all fudgers :p
:iconmattsykun:
MattsyKun Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
During the holidays, someone had a giant sign lit up with "Keep CHRIST in CHRISTMAS" with a bible verse on it. I facepalmed every time I drove past it.
My friend put up a sign that said "Keep Chris in Christmas."

His name is Chris, and he really likes presents haha
:iconmattsykun:
MattsyKun Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
lololol That's hilarious!
:iconevanatt:
Evanatt Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013
The north pagan winter holiday is called yule. We still call it "yule/jul" here.
Which is even more stupider when people claim yule is a christian celebration O__o.

Also the reason people celebrate this now a days is more because of tradition that any religion anyway.
Tis the season to be greedy falalalalala'MURICA
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
The Bible specifically forbids Christmas trees.
:iconafter--life:
After--Life Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Christians assert that Jesus (as)'s birthday was on December 25th, but even the Bible states that Jesus (as)'s mother, Mary (as), fed Jesus (as) dates when she gave him birth, and dates only grow in the Middle East during the Summer times, so it is impossible that Jesus (as) to be born on December 25th.

Dec. 25th is actually just some Pagan holiday and the Christians overtime have adopted this date and PRACTICE as well.

Now it has nothing to do with Jesus (as), but Santa Clause, which is one reason why Atheists don't believe in God.
:iconink-robertson:
Ink-Robertson Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Incorrect, Christmas was a holiday to celebrate Jesus Christ birth ( it does not have
to be the exact date it is simply the day chosen). Santa Claus was added on later and is more directed towards Saint Nicholas Day( whom he is based off). Constatine I believe chose this date to cover or remove a pagan holiday to celebrate Jesus Birth.
:iconafter--life:
After--Life Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Christians assert that Jesus (as)'s birthday was on December 25th, but even the Bible states that Jesus (as)'s mother, Mary (as), fed Jesus (as) dates when she gave him birth, and dates only grow in the Middle East during the Summer times, so it is impossible that Jesus (as) to be born on December 25th.

That stuff is made up, what you are saying is incorrect.
:iconmarahuta:
Marahuta Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013
Christians don't assert nothing. It is only the ignorant ones that do.
Jesus was bron either before or soon after Summer. The celebration is in December (even though I disagree) but anyway...
Ink-Robertson Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Nope what I said was correct
- Never said it was on Dec. 25 we just choose to do so.

-This is the date Constatine choose.
-Christians thought that this was the date because he choose the date but as you said it is not.
Ink-Robertson Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Christmas is the celebration of his birth, it doesn`t have to be the exact date we could of picked any day. Keeping Christ in Christmas is keeping its true meaning beyond the gifts and toys, it is about the birth of a child who would sacrifice his life for the world`s sin. Christmas will always be about Christ, when someone wants to celebrate Christmas all are welcomed to do so.
BetweenSkill Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student Writer
As I always say, God sending his son, who is really himself, to sacrifice to himself, to forgive himself for humanity which he created. And of course him being a God that is all-knowing, he knew that he would end up sending his son, who is really himself, to sacrifice to himself, to forgive himself for humanity which he created. It just doesn't make any sense.
You are trying to make it seem confusing lol Your explanation is poorly made because of this. Himself is used too much and some of this sentence is incorrect and repeats.
1: "God sending his son, who is really himself, to sacrifice himself, to forgive himself for humanity which he created" Himself is used too many times. God did not send Jesus Christ for Forgiveness from himself that is illogical, He sent Jesus for the world`s sin.

2: "And of course him being a God that is all-knowing" This was the turning point of the sentence which led into repetition of the first sentence lol. Yes he did know all this would happen, he is past, present, and future. And of course him being the God that he is keeps his promise of salvation and inner peace through Christ.
BetweenSkill Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Student Writer
1. He created the world. He created the ability to sin. He created the punishment for said sin. He gave everyone automatic sin. hmmm

2. But if He knew they would sin... why didn't He stop them? Because an all-loving all merciful god would make sure to alleviate all possible suffering from its creation.
Yes he gave people free will which comes with a price. No he did not give people automatic sin, you can`t automatically sin lol

He let them sin because He gave them free will, being a loving and all merciful God means he can let us act on our own and make our own mistakes. Being loving and mercifull doesn`t mean he removes suffering every father knows that
Well if he is merciful....

Well we are judged when we die and meet him in heaven according to the Bible. Well what if we repent and believe then? Why does it have to be in our lifetime.

Also God has freewill as well. So he can decide to NOT send someone to Hell or heaven whether or not the sinned. His choice is free and can change then.

Automatic sin? Don't know what that is. But original sin is the sin coming back from Adam and Eve. Which is immoral because I shouldn't be punished for something that I never did, someone else did thousands of years ago.
God doesn`t count sins....
Original Sin is in the Bible. Whether you agree with it or not it is in there.
(1 Reply)
Confusing yourself lol and missing the point really of what I am saying. You seem to be changing the subject from the meaning of Christmas to your own opinion and little knowledge of the Trinity.
It's not my opinion. And don't tell me I have little knowledge of the trinity, because I was actually in classes heading towards being a minister. That's what out me off from Christianity. Actually reading and studying the Bible
That is your opinion on whether or not it is confusing or makes any sense lol and BTW the way you stated it showed some confusion or was not stated clearly. From your statement you show your knowledge and it was little.
From your statement... I could understand nothing. Unless you've actually spent a great deal of time studying it yourself, don't claim someone else, who is, is wrong.
You kinda are actually, I am a Christian I should know lol.
I was a Christian. I was studying to be a minister and read the Bible several times through in total through my studies. Understanding the Bible is what turned me off from it?
(1 Reply)
:iconmci021:
mci021 Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
The people who feel the need to shout about keeping Christ in Christmas seem to generally be missing the point of Christmas, at least as far as I can tell. First and foremost, Jesus was, above all things, humble. He would have hated all the hullabaloo that Christians put on at Christmas. He'd have hated the fact that, after war, his birth is now the biggest excuse for spending money frivolously in Western civilization. Most of all, I think he would have hated the fact that people use his fake birthday as a reason to get holier-than-thou with each other and try to show off what good Christians they are.
:iconblack-allison:
Black-Allison Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
What really upsets me is when people want people to stop celebrating a secular Christmas. I live in a culture that celebrates Christmas. I don't do it because I'm Christian, no where in the Bible does it tells us to put up lights in tree, I do it because I'm from CANADA. And gosh darn it if we didn't cut our a great big fir and deck it out every year at city hall just because some of us aren't Christian.
BetweenSkill Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Student Writer
Meh I'm almost on the border with Canada haha. Same customs more maple syrup there though ;)

But anyways yeah. Christmas trees are pagan actually woopsie hahaha. Checkmate Christianity. My Christmas tree isn't your hostage anymore
:iconblack-allison:
Black-Allison Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
I know! Why can't people just enjoy decorated trees without having to prescribe to a certain religion?
BetweenSkill Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Student Writer
Because then they will burn in hell
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student General Artist
Its funny though. If you think of Xmas, the reality is that the X means christ, which people realize. Still fun to say Xmas anyway.

Though there is proof that the Santa claus is really St. Niccolaus who helped the poor and was part of the roman catholic church.

And quit complaining about holidays. If your going to complain about one specific holiday there is something wrong with that, cause almost every major holiday has both christian or pagan origins.
I ain't complaining about the holiday, I'm complaining about those who try to change MY holiday into THEIRS.
:iconghostinthepines:
GhostInThePines Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
If you really wanted to celebrate a "pagan" holiday, you'd call it by one of the dozens of names used by the various non-Christian cultures.

Christmas is a Christian holiday whether you like it or not.

If you want to take Christ out of your winter solstice celebration, then quit calling it by the "Christian term" and use something more appropriate to your own beliefs! There are plenty of names to choose from!
Well I celebrate Christlessmas
:iconrunespainter:
RunesPainter Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
You easily let others bother you. If someone says something you disagree with, shrug it off. Tell them politely that you disagree. It's more worth it than an argument without an end.

Let Christians have their time to celebrate. I'm sure you still get gifts and family and whatever else makes your holiday worthwhile.
:icondivine--apathia:
divine--apathia Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
So it's okay for Christians to oppress others. check.
When did I say that? Do you realize what oppression means?
:icondivine--apathia:
divine--apathia Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Do you tell non-pagans not to use the words Tuesday? Wednesday? Thursday? Friday? Saturday? to refer to the days of the week?

Tuesday is named after Tiw.
Wednesday is named after Wodan.
Thursday is named after Thor
Friday is named after Frige
Saturday is named after Saturn (the god, not the planet.)

So why does the presence of the word 'christ' in Christmas stop others from celebrating it, when, obviously, you use words with pagan origins?

Furthermore, how does others celebrating a day harm you? What happens? People get together with their family and friends, strengthening bonding. They get more charitable.

Social oppression: socially supported mistreatment or exploitation of people.

I think that saying people shouldn't celebrate, be happy, and charitable is mistreatment.
Good points.

Agreed with that last one.
As I've said many times before, the problem I have is when Christians try to put Christ into MY Christmas, and into schools, and the government yadaa yada yadaa
Don't say Christmas, then. For the word itself contains Christ.
Okay Christlessmas
:)

Maybe what I said came off as blunt and plain rude-I was just offering a suggestion since you seem to dislike the Christ part of Christmas so much.
Well I don't dislike it, I just don't believe in it, and it grinds my gears when other people think that their holiday should be my holiday.
RunesPainter Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Well I'm sorry, but it's hard to change people like that. I don't think anyone should enforce their views on someone. I typically try to ignore it when it happens.
:iconragerancher:
Ragerancher Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
LOL have you seen the yearly uproar from Christians when anybody dares to say "holidays" rather than Christmas or Easter? I guess the whole war on Christmas slogan that is brought out every year has escaped your notice?
Add a Comment: