Closed to new replies
January 2, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 124

Keep Christ in Christmas

:iconbetweenskill:
BetweenSkill Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student Writer
This is one thing that annoys me to all ends because it was never in Christmas in the first place. It should be called "Put Christ BACK in Christmas".

Pagan winter solstice celebrations were happening far before Christianity reached them, a good example being the Christmas tree which was a Germanic Pagan tradition (I believe).

In reality, IF the man named Jesus existed, the actual evidence of that points to his actual date of birth being somewhere around March or April. Not even close to the "holiday season". The whole reason why the Christian celebration of Jesus' "birth" is in December is because they adapted it to please the pagan "recruits".

Christ never actually was in Christmas. You can't keep something in something that it never was in to begin with.

And don't ruin my Christmas because of it. I don't need to spend it with God to have a good time. My family, girlfriend and friends are enough :)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconrhichter:
Rhichter Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013
What the hell are you talking about. Christmas has nothing to do with religion, its the celebration of the birth of santa.
BetweenSkill Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013  Student Writer
Actually to be correct, it's the first time Santa ever danced with the velociraptors named Adam and Steve among the daisy fields of delusion.
:iconrhichter:
Rhichter Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013
Praise be unto he, father of the easter bunny. Uncle to the tooth fairy.
Mother of all fudgers :p
:iconmattsykun:
MattsyKun Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
During the holidays, someone had a giant sign lit up with "Keep CHRIST in CHRISTMAS" with a bible verse on it. I facepalmed every time I drove past it.
My friend put up a sign that said "Keep Chris in Christmas."

His name is Chris, and he really likes presents haha
:iconmattsykun:
MattsyKun Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
lololol That's hilarious!
:iconevanatt:
Evanatt Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013
The north pagan winter holiday is called yule. We still call it "yule/jul" here.
Which is even more stupider when people claim yule is a christian celebration O__o.

Also the reason people celebrate this now a days is more because of tradition that any religion anyway.
Tis the season to be greedy falalalalala'MURICA
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
The Bible specifically forbids Christmas trees.
Add a Comment: