Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 31, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 623

What if the Bible didn't say anything about homosexuality?

:icondidj:
Didj Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Here's a question for all of the religious people who discriminate against gay people because the Bible says that being gay is a sin and an abomination and all of that fun stuff. If the Bible said absolutely nothing about homosexuality, would you still be against it?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconandreatr:
AndreaTR Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
I most likely would. I can't say yes, really, 'cause who knows, but I'm pretty sure we would have managed to figure it out anyways. It's not like homosexuality is considered a sin just because it's written down...

People seem to think that all morals for catholics come from the religion, but I do belive in natural law... There IS an order in the world, something observable to everyone, wether people choose to see it or not. That's why I know atheists can be great human beings, even though they disagree on the most fundamental part of my life, the existence of God.

I can't begin to understand how anyone can deny the existence of right and wrong though, so I guess I can't discuss a subjet of moral without that minimum common fountation. Basically, I believe in the existence of one, unique truth. Everything from there on out I can argue for and defend logically, including my complete Catholic faith.
:iconandreatr:
AndreaTR Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
I'm sorry if this came out blunt (rereading I found it kinda overpowering and overly serious), just trying to make sure I got the point across. :)
:iconkarinta:
Karinta Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Student General Artist
It didn't!
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
A religion is like a nest of vipers, venomous.
:icondaresmithcreations:
DareSmithCreations Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Professional Writer
the original bible didn't say anything against homosexuality, homosexuality wasn't even outlawed until 312/428 by the Codex Theodosianus and subsequent copied commissions through out the split Roman Empires. That specifically dealt with same sex marriage however, and had nothing to do with sodomy which wasn't officially outlawed in christian dogma for another several hundred years (i cant find the actual date -o-) by one man, a pope of which i cant find (ironic)

What many Christians forget is that the bible isn't law, its not the complete word of G*D sadly. Its really like if i said hey Didj i'm not coming into work today, and then you told one person and that person said it to someone else and so on and so on and so forth till i got called from work saying not to return because i threatened to blow up the place, and then cops come. Thats the bible. Its really just to be read and used as help for living a better life but not to be worshiped.

I say this considering the Bible today is not the original Bible, Much less is it complete. Most of the books of the bible weren't written by first hand accounts but by story tellers. Like say if i wrote a book for the bible today. I'm not a first hand ac-counter but if it flows with what was said and with what the church believes now a days (specifically the Papacy or Holy See) Then it might be canonized and put into bible.

Christ was a Gnostic in terms of "Christan Faith" and the biggest Gnostic book which was written by someone a gen after Jesus's death (so not a first hand account) but dealt with many of his teachings which were not fictionalized and had no miracles just Jesus's sayings but was left out of the bible which we know by Constantine because it said many things the church doesn't like such as you don't need church to believe in god (which was something Christ implied). The Book was called the book of Thomas. And is in all estimates 200 years younger than the youngest books of John, Mark & Luke.

Point being in all likely, G*D probably doesn't hate gays... as homosexuality has been found in nature... and G*D made everything (That includes Nature). We get punished for sins because we chose to do wrong or evil.... but since animals don't have that choice that inherent curiosity that was given once Eve and Adam tasted the apple.... and therefore animals are not beings of good or evil and don't make choices in morality that makes Homosexuality a just is and not something of morality...

Using religious logic against itself...
:iconpristichampsus:
Pristichampsus Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Professional General Artist
The absence of lilith in the modern bible makes me throw the whole t6hing away as a non-starter. She was a great plot device, faulty, corrupted first try to make a woman, later turned into a demon for being such a biotch.
:iconkarinta:
Karinta Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Student General Artist
Hehe!
DareSmithCreations Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Professional Writer
lol
:iconkythkyn:
Kythkyn Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Student Writer
Where are you getting your dates from, out of curiosity? Specifically about Thomas.
DareSmithCreations Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Professional Writer
I've been getting them form various points of references, not all of them say the same thing. One of them being a Comparative religion book from college. Interestingly enough the Dates of the Book of Thomas have not yet been completely agreed upon, they had a special on the Bible on History channel where two camps disputed the date. Though most Biblical Historians agreed that the Book was older than the other books of the Testament.

If the Book of Luke was from times around 60-89 A.D the Book of Thomas is around 31-60 A.D or C.E
(from the History Chanel Special, which while the History Chanel doesn't always play the most prestigious things or even Historical in the views of the masses i trust their non-bias religious pov)

If i wasn't packed for moving, id get the book(s) i have and give you any of their ISBN's -o-; they are all fascinating O>O though the Book of Thomas is a newer thing for me o.o

Wikipedia while not the best of sources.

Banned from the Bible is the Documentary aired on the History channel Circa 2003

Theres a Second Banned from the Bible Documentary i've yet to see.
Add a Comment: