Closed to new replies
December 31, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 438

Talking with Religious People about Gay People

:iconcrazygirllilly:
CrazyGirlLilly Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Student General Artist
Well the other day, I was talking o my friend about gay people (I support gay people even though I'm heterosexual. I find gay people adorable:aww:). Anyway, I said that gay people should be allowed to get married lie heterosexual people can, but she replied that gay people should be happy that we even let them have a civil partnership. I think that this is really unfair (I'm an atheist) and that some catholic people over exaggerate, because gay people don't protest against them, so why would they? I feel sorry for homosexuals, bisexuals, transsexuals and any other people that get discriminated by SOME catholic people.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconerick-fm:
Erick-FM Featured By Owner Mar 3, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
first thing is church marriage and civil marriage, if some bunch of people wants to believe that an old book that has been transcripted and translated many times and written by many many different people who claim to have spiritual inspired from a superior entity who they call God and get to conclussion that homosexual are not allowed to get married in their church that's just fine like is also fine that I get to believe that bananas are a evil weapon of aliens to dominate as all and that everyone that eats a banana is therefore doomed to mind control forever and for that those people can just not come to my friends parties, it's sucks, but people do have the right to believe what they want. Luckily there are civil rights provided for humans by nations states laws and constitutions no matter they skin tone, gender, music taste, sexual atraction and fruit choice, therefore homosexuals should be allowed to get married and banana eaters should be allowed to go to any party that is not hosted by me and my friends.

second, not all gays are adorable, if you knew me, being gay would be the last thing for what you would hate me.

and third and final, If there is a God out there everywhere and all that, he can really go and eat a banana and let me be, cause humans shouldn't be pets, nor pokemons, nor slaves, nor machines, nor tools for anyone. Human beings have will and is just so anoying that some omnipresent eternal powerful being dude claims that his will is more important, I mean ,yes, he she could have created and given me the gift of life and could bring the end of me with lighting strike any second he wishes like a kid playing to kill ants with a magnifier, but that's is just freaking fu**** up and psyco, is like being at the bottom of the well and him being at the top asking me to put the lotion in the basket, freeking insane. Gay marriage are going to be as bad as any other straight marriage, we can handicap some kid's judgment for life like any other straight couple with our beliefs, it our civil right and you know who isn't human? God. So I guess when I get to hell I'll burn for eternity and forever sufferunder his will, but meanwhile on earth, God could step a side and let me be.
:iconlaurynmichella:
LaurynMichella Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
THANK YOU, first off, for saying "SOME Catholic people" and not just Catholic people. I get so sick of being called a bigot, hater, and discriminator for merely being Catholic and voicing my opininons. (I have JUST as much of a right to express what I believe even if it goes against what's fashionable in the current social issues.)

Anyway, I do believe gay marriage shouldn't be legal. I'm not one of those people who say that gays "choose" to be gay. I believe that many gays are simply born that way and that's life. However, I believe the institution of marriage is between a man and a woman as this is the way that God made it to be.
Gays are not mentally ill, nor are they "mistakes" of nature. They are like every human being who have a struggle in life. People are born naturally addicted to alchohol, does that make it okay to be an alchoholic? (I'm not against drinking. Everything in moderation.

Although some Catholics are bigots, many are not. They do not protest against the homosexual as a person. they protest against their lifestyle. I do not condemn being gay, you are what you are, but I protest marrying the same gender. Just as I do not protest people who drink too much, I protest against their unhealthy lifestyle.
CrazyGirlLilly Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Student General Artist
I never actually seen/read something like this. I guess what you said is a bit too much for my brain to process because, I'm an antichirst and i can't see any possible way of not being against gay people or drunk people but protesting against their rights or lifestyle.
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I think gay people get far too much press.
maybe it will stop when they have equal rights...
Flagged as Spam
well, i agree on the listening part, but you know i wouldn't call it pathetic, but ignorant and hypocritical.
:icondidj:
Didj Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013
People who are insecure about their sexuality might find that hating homosexuals is a way of compensating for it. Perhaps they think that if people see them being against homosexuality, no one will think that they are gay. And what better environment to breed people who are insecure about their sexuality than with a religion that teaches you that nudity and sexuality are somehow dirty and indecent?
CrazyGirlLilly Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013  Student General Artist
I understand what you mean but in my case I don't think that this is the issue, as my friend is really religious and will always fight for what she believes in (the whole Bible stuff). So I know that some people do that and I thought that she might be one, but after time I think that with her love for "God" she can't be a homosexual.
:iconsolum-ipsum:
Solum-Ipsum Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
So it's actually a fag war of latents and exhibs? With the bunch of silent normal homos as the suffering third party involved? :stare:
Add a Comment: