Details

Closed to new replies
December 30, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 69
:icondjdanilly:
djdanilly Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Professional General Artist
This topic is on religion and on my own personal beliefs. For all the atheists or radical people who donít believe out there. For whatever reason you donít believe, may it be that your life has many problems, your family forced you into a religion, or that certain belief that you didnít connect with. There are plenty of religions and many more forming right this second. You can hypothetically believe in a carrot in this crazy world. Some people need to have some sort of proof with science. Some people show rebellion against the system, taking control of their life, or deep down might be so confused and they need a label. Now religion likes to force a name on everything. As I researched many things at one time or another, you cannot focus on the word ďReligionĒ itself. Us as humans like to complicate every little thing. It is in a humans DNA to worship something or other at one point in their life and this has been stated through science. You simply cannot focus on the word ďreligionĒ itself, and more on your own private belief. You are allowed to simply read the Bible, and call your belief whatever you want. There is a good and bad force, and if you alone claim to believe in a being you will not be tempted or be taken over by bad forces of any kind. Believing is your private relationship with a higher being. You can worship through meditation, sitting quietly, or telling that certain being inside your problems. If you do not reflect on yourself and have admiration for a certain being it is shown that you will always have problems, and also attract them to you. Now if you must name it something, there is not one major thing to call it. People who strive to worship, they look to nature, the body as a temple, or simply something that makes you feel whole. You can even worship yourself not in a prideful way but as a vessel of giving love back to the world. Most of all we connect better with a being similar to ourselves. Some people look at the Divine as a woman because she is a non- judgmental being. A woman is a sign of peace, nurture, and communication. So yes, it is liberating to say you donít believe in anything and people need to respect those who do. Down the line, there is always an underlying need and yearning to worship someone or something as a human being. People who donít might always question every single thing on this planet and get nowhere. Lastly, in my opinion, I do believe in a divine being. I am also spiritual, and read the Bible but I do not classify myself in any ONE religion. It is not that complicated, and much simpler than you think. Now you can research the Dali Lama, Eckhart Tolle, James Redfield, or even the universe they all say similar things; you must worship and then you will receive good things in your life and true happiness within. Many people in their own private way practice different things to find peace. Who or what helps you rise to a better place within yourself? =D

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconknightster:
Knightster Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013
I only managed to read " Who or what helps you rise to a better place within yourself? "

The answer: Me.

I don't have time to waste on imaginary friends.
:iconoprahwinfreyx:
OprahWinfreyX Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
How'd I find peace? liberation.
:iconnecropheka:
Necropheka Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
Well, I must say that all religions are part of a truthful thing that actually can be scientifically declared, but the science behind it is very difficult, therefore I think that people will only be busy with its details for about two hundred years later. IF the will to do that will ever come to mind in the head of the common scientist XD

But I am also spiritual, and I also cannot imagine that someone wouldn't believe in anything. Many people around me are either Christian or atheist, but even the atheists say that they believe in some powerful thing. (I guess they meant God, or Allah or Yhwh, the one being who stands above all...for now)

I also do believe that every organism has a soul (I do not believe that rocks or mountains have souls, but I do believe that plants and animals have souls) and I must also say that I know this. It may sound arrogant, but nah, I think it should be said, as they can clearly be comfortable and suffer (tough I guess not at the same time) and I'm getting sick of people who think that animals are lower beings, because they're not. Animals stand above people for a long time. I do appreciate those who intentionally do good things, tough. Religion is important to me, but I must remind everyone to keep an open mind about it.

Also, I like symbolism, because it's like a puzzle...when you've put the pieces together, you feel awesome. It's not a religion when you think about it. People just needed some metaphors to make clear to their fellow people what they meant on an emotional level. Wow, I sound like a nitwit with a scientific background now, I guess...

anyhow, happy new year! :D
:iconsaeter:
Saeter Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
Your "spirituality" sounds more like self philosophical use of self affirmation/actualization and meditation.
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Spirituality is a gateway drug.
:thumbsup:
:iconmacker33:
macker33 Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
I agree that there is something inherent in a humans makeup to at least ask the question of wether there is a God or not.
It's called the human condition. [link]
djdanilly Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Professional General Artist
Thank you!
:iconmacker33:
macker33 Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
and while i think of it i dont think its evolutionary in origon, ie God deliberately sparked it.
:iconvictorianexcentric:
VictorianExcentric Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
It is in a humans DNA to worship something or other at one point in their life and this has been stated through science.

No. It is not (in our DNA to worship anything). We are raised, or choose to do so, increasingly, people abstain entirely.

VE.
:iconoperia:
Operia Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I couldn't read that without my eyes imploding ._.
:iconi-am-a-retro-lass:
i-am-a-retro-lass Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Sleep.
:iconsaintartaud:
saintartaud Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Professional General Artist
I've read some of the current Dalai Lama's writings and about Buddhism in general, and the word "worship" is rarely mentioned at all.  Maybe depends on what you mean by worship?
:iconsmkiller:
Smkiller Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist
I tried reading, but the lack of separation made that an eye-sore. I apologize.
:iconmercury-crowe:
Mercury-Crowe Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
:icontextwallplz:

Seriously, you need to separate that into paragraphs and do a double space between each one.
:icontheawsomeopossum:
TheAwsomeOpossum Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Djd... I'm not an atheist, but worship being driven by genetics isn't gonna make religion any more desirable for an atheist, imho =p. They can choose to focus on the word 'religion' itself and not worry about anything else; that's their choice, not ours. Just as us focusing on stuff more than just that word is our choice to make, and not theirs. Thus, we are really limited in saying things authoritatively on that count.

In any case, when you try and argue with another side, there is one things that will help you most. And that is, you have to argue from their point of view. If you look at these, and then look at what atheists value in life, you can see that from their point of view, these won't be very convincing. Thus, they are not really good arguments to be making against them; there are stronger ones out there. While they may be effective arguments for self-convicition (they help you support your point of view), they are not powerful enough to convince people of a different paradigm. I think those are the arguments you should search for.

Best of Wishes,
No offenses intended,
-TAO
djdanilly Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Professional General Artist
Thanks for the reply, but this wasn't intended to convince anyone or go against any religion at all. I was merely stating my point of view with my research. People can believe what they want.
:icontheawsomeopossum:
TheAwsomeOpossum Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Ah, okay, that's fine too =).
:iconkaikaku:
kaikaku Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
How come all your examples of why people wouldn't believe imply negative things about the people who don't believe? Here's a suggestion: If the only reasons you can imagine that people might hold a different view than you do are that those people are deficient in some way, then you probably need to broaden your imagination a bit.

To answer your last question, though:

Talking to friends helps. Helping people helps. Spending time in the woods helps. Exercising helps. Writing helps.
Thanks for your comment but I didn't assume anything negative. There are many reasons people believe what they believe.
:iconempiredice:
empiredice Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
You could have just left out the wall of text and gone straight to your question, "Who or what helps you rise to a better place within yourself?" which your preceding text distracts from and adds unnecessary assumptions that cancel out your attempt to speak to everyone equally.

I can't actually answer this question. There is no one person or thing that inspires me to personal greatness. I couldn't even list a top ten.
:icondevine-consciousness:
devine-consciousness Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
i feel as though religion and labels separate humanity from being completely one. all these borders of countries and different religions have made many wars and disputes. i realize that everyone has a very different thought pattern and different ways of perceiving this world but when it all comes down to us all living as humans on this sphere floating in space, we should realize that we are all experiencing the same thing... life. and the more and more we make things to define our selves through gender social class race and religion the more and more we separate. if we had no countries and realized that these borders we have made are make believe and imaginary lines should not make new york for example think they are better then any other state. or even america to think they are better then canada. we are all living and breathing this same air and lives so if we maybe decided and realized that all these religions have a main concept, the way of working with love and thinking with our hearts and putting aside our egos we could then start to go foward on why we are truly here on this planet. and i find that focusing on truly learning to love thy self is very important because much of humanity does not love there selves they just tolerate them selves from day to day but with the knowledge of what we truly are it helps to understand how to love my self. i feel like we are spirits inhabiting a temporary body .. very complex bodies that have so much potential and that knowing that we are beings of pure light and pure consciousness with no beginning and no end to this vast universe. just looking at the complexities of everything around me inspires me
:icontimehasanend:
TimeHasAnEnd Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist
Because, the Bible says, "The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit are One." Now, if we put this in our mind, heart and spirit. Maybe, then the whole entire world can become one. But, we know this is not going to be establish by mankind. But, only through the "Lord Jesus Christ." Who's God Himself!
devine-consciousness Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
i agree but not with jesus christ some how coming and saving us ... we cant hope for something like that. by lord christ i think the bible means that we need to go within find god and reach christ consciousness which is the next level of consciousness the 3rd level
Thanks! I agree!
:iconcrimsonmagpie:
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Do you expect anyone to read that?
devine-consciousness Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
not you obviously
Of course not, it's a fucking car crash of a typing attempt. The way you type makes it a genuine ordeal for anyone to read what you're trying to say. But hey, if you can't be fucked to type properly then what you're saying obviously isn't important.
same goes for you because your being so judge mental and rude.. ill make sure to not take what you say to offense because its very clear you are trying your hardest to offend me
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
I'm not being at all judgmental; your typing is terrible and makes it hard to read what you're trying to say, which has the effect of making you look stupid and lazy. The written language is black & white, right and wrong are very clearly defined and there is no grey area between them, and you do it wrong.
devine-consciousness Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
but i dont care what you have to say dont you understand that ?
devine-consciousness Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
no there are people who just want to get there point across and people who spend all there time trying to be perfect.
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
But the point is you're not getting your point across due to how badly it's written. One then gets the impression that you don't care about what you're writing, since you can't be bothered to put in the tiny bit of effort needed to make it readable.
(1 Reply)
I will kind of agree with him. I've attempted to read many of your posts, and they are rather difficult to read due to the grammar and formatting (or general lack of both).

Look at this as advice, and not an insult: Better your typing. Make it more understandable.
OH KAY
:iconjuliabohemian:
Juliabohemian Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
He came to my page a few days back to tell me how I need to get in touch with myself and how he feels sorry for me, because I’m not a hippie tree hugger like him. In the worst grammar possible, of course.
I could never understand the point of going to one's page to say something when it can easily be said through the forums. How silly.
(1 Reply)
Thanks for reading!
I didn't, because it was terribly typed. :stare:
:iconwolfyspice:
WolfySpice Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
I've never worshipped anything in my life, nor have I ever felt the need to. I am a perfectly happy and well-adjusted human being. All religions I have been presented with have demonstrated no compelling evidence to accept their claims as fact. Your opening curiously leaves out the reason for non-belief that such things are simply wrong.

There is no 'what' that helps me. Only people. Myself, my friends, and my family who support me. And I in turn support them.
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
:icontldrplz:

:iconalotoftextplz:
:iconzinc-tails:
Zinc-Tails Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Enter key, looks a little like this (<----l) with the word ENTER on it, use it. It's not even nit-picking, it is actually painful to read massive chunks of text like that.

On topic though, Religion doesn't always require worship. I'm a Pagan, I personify deity as a female (though this is more for personal reasons as I imagine Deity would be something far beyond human comprehension). I however don't "worship" as it were. I'll honor, but I won't get down on my knees or go to church. You can believe all you want, you don't have to worship it.

Granted, i could be speaking gibberish as I'm not 100% sure what all this wall of text is talking about.
:iconiriastar:
Iriastar Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
Worship ≠ Love. You don't need to worship anything.

I agree with ~eggain.
:iconcake-fiend:
cake-fiend Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It is in a humans DNA to worship something or other at one point in their life and this has been stated through science.

I call bullshit. Fuck off.
Juliabohemian Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
Yeah I consider myself a Christian and…sorry, but there is no scientific evidence of this. There are psychological theories only. But they are merely theories.
Thank your for you reply. I have done legitimate research, what research have you come across, I always love learning new things?
Juliabohemian Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
You claim to have encountered scientific research that indicates humans have a need to believe in God. I am saying that as an active Christian for 20 years, and as a healthcare professional, I have not encountered this. So the burden of proof would be on you, not me. :)
:iconcake-fiend:
cake-fiend Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yup, psychology isn't hard science.
Add a Comment: