Details

Closed to new replies
December 30, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 69
:icondjdanilly:
djdanilly Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Professional General Artist
This topic is on religion and on my own personal beliefs. For all the atheists or radical people who don’t believe out there. For whatever reason you don’t believe, may it be that your life has many problems, your family forced you into a religion, or that certain belief that you didn’t connect with. There are plenty of religions and many more forming right this second. You can hypothetically believe in a carrot in this crazy world. Some people need to have some sort of proof with science. Some people show rebellion against the system, taking control of their life, or deep down might be so confused and they need a label. Now religion likes to force a name on everything. As I researched many things at one time or another, you cannot focus on the word “Religion” itself. Us as humans like to complicate every little thing. It is in a humans DNA to worship something or other at one point in their life and this has been stated through science. You simply cannot focus on the word “religion” itself, and more on your own private belief. You are allowed to simply read the Bible, and call your belief whatever you want. There is a good and bad force, and if you alone claim to believe in a being you will not be tempted or be taken over by bad forces of any kind. Believing is your private relationship with a higher being. You can worship through meditation, sitting quietly, or telling that certain being inside your problems. If you do not reflect on yourself and have admiration for a certain being it is shown that you will always have problems, and also attract them to you. Now if you must name it something, there is not one major thing to call it. People who strive to worship, they look to nature, the body as a temple, or simply something that makes you feel whole. You can even worship yourself not in a prideful way but as a vessel of giving love back to the world. Most of all we connect better with a being similar to ourselves. Some people look at the Divine as a woman because she is a non- judgmental being. A woman is a sign of peace, nurture, and communication. So yes, it is liberating to say you don’t believe in anything and people need to respect those who do. Down the line, there is always an underlying need and yearning to worship someone or something as a human being. People who don’t might always question every single thing on this planet and get nowhere. Lastly, in my opinion, I do believe in a divine being. I am also spiritual, and read the Bible but I do not classify myself in any ONE religion. It is not that complicated, and much simpler than you think. Now you can research the Dali Lama, Eckhart Tolle, James Redfield, or even the universe they all say similar things; you must worship and then you will receive good things in your life and true happiness within. Many people in their own private way practice different things to find peace. Who or what helps you rise to a better place within yourself? =D

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconknightster:
Knightster Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013
I only managed to read " Who or what helps you rise to a better place within yourself? "

The answer: Me.

I don't have time to waste on imaginary friends.
:iconoprahwinfreyx:
OprahWinfreyX Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
How'd I find peace? liberation.
:iconnecropheka:
Necropheka Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
Well, I must say that all religions are part of a truthful thing that actually can be scientifically declared, but the science behind it is very difficult, therefore I think that people will only be busy with its details for about two hundred years later. IF the will to do that will ever come to mind in the head of the common scientist XD

But I am also spiritual, and I also cannot imagine that someone wouldn't believe in anything. Many people around me are either Christian or atheist, but even the atheists say that they believe in some powerful thing. (I guess they meant God, or Allah or Yhwh, the one being who stands above all...for now)

I also do believe that every organism has a soul (I do not believe that rocks or mountains have souls, but I do believe that plants and animals have souls) and I must also say that I know this. It may sound arrogant, but nah, I think it should be said, as they can clearly be comfortable and suffer (tough I guess not at the same time) and I'm getting sick of people who think that animals are lower beings, because they're not. Animals stand above people for a long time. I do appreciate those who intentionally do good things, tough. Religion is important to me, but I must remind everyone to keep an open mind about it.

Also, I like symbolism, because it's like a puzzle...when you've put the pieces together, you feel awesome. It's not a religion when you think about it. People just needed some metaphors to make clear to their fellow people what they meant on an emotional level. Wow, I sound like a nitwit with a scientific background now, I guess...

anyhow, happy new year! :D
:iconsaeter:
Saeter Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
Your "spirituality" sounds more like self philosophical use of self affirmation/actualization and meditation.
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Spirituality is a gateway drug.
:thumbsup:
:iconmacker33:
macker33 Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
I agree that there is something inherent in a humans makeup to at least ask the question of wether there is a God or not.
It's called the human condition. [link]
:icondjdanilly:
djdanilly Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Professional General Artist
Thank you!
:iconmacker33:
macker33 Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
and while i think of it i dont think its evolutionary in origon, ie God deliberately sparked it.
Add a Comment: