Details

Closed to new replies
December 29, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 68

looking for a 'religion' to call my own

:iconvalandore:
Hello all, I'll keep this kind of short and to the point. I was raised christian but I do not believe in one being creating the universe. I am agnostic because I don't want to say I know for a fact there is no god/godesses. I don't like how some things in religious writing are unrealistic (like the whole story of adam and eve), but I guess that's how many religions started, so I guess I have to get used to it. I enjoy science a little too much.Okay by now you've noticed this isn't short at all, but I've looked very briefly at pagans because of the connection to nature and I like the concept of getting energy from yourself (self relying). Open to other suggestions. Thank you

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconty-calibre:
Ty-Calibre Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Taoism definitely fits the bill here.
:iconhtimsnayr:
If you must have a religion (I don't see why simple Agnostic Atheism wouldn't mesh with your views), I would suggest looking into Universal Unitarianism.

That has to be the most theologically free school to ever come out of western organized religion. Seriously.
:iconhtimsnayr:
*Unitarian Universalism. Not that it matters.
:iconmacker33:
macker33 Jan 2, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Try catholicism, its by far most personal religion i can think of. Everything with catholicism is on a one to one basis.
:iconmeaningofbread:
Try Buddhism. Their only real law is Don't be a Dick
:icongoldacorn:
goldacorn Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
:iconxternal7:
xTernal7 Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Oh, there isn't much religions that support agnosticism and atheism. But first, check whether you need religion or not. If you find you don't really need religion, then don't have one. That's completely viable option, and probably the best. You then set your own beliefs, which is most probably better than adopting a pre-packet package.
:iconder-freishutz:
der-freishutz Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Do you just want to be part of a religion just so you have a label? Because from the sound of it your just trying to find a title, not a god.

also dont be a pagan. Just dont.
:iconbullet-magnet:
You don't need to find a set of pre-packaged beliefs so that you can adopt the label. Just find out what's true and believe that.Much better than deliberately duplicating other people's mistakes.
:iconkillianseraphim:
KillianSeraphim Dec 31, 2012  Student General Artist
Out of curiosity, may I ask what you find most disagreeable with Christianity?
Add a Comment: