Closed to new replies
December 27, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 89

Is humanism a niche for nuts?

:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
All the humanists I know are stark raving mad.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsvataben:
Svataben Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Methinks you don't know the meaning of the word, if you think all humanists are crazy. Let me help:

"Humanism is a group of philosophies and ethical perspectives which emphasize the value and agency of human beings, individually and collectively, and generally prefers individual thought and evidence (rationalism, empiricism), over established doctrine or faith (fideism)." [link]

You basically called all agnostics, atheists, and even religious people who put greatest stock in logic and reason crazy. Good luck with that.
:iconunclegargy:
UncleGargy Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I take it that none of you who have commented so far are parents? Until you've brought life into this world you know NOTHING of what it is to be human. Maybe you've all met the wrong people. We are very fortunate to be humans. At least we can think about the world and what it means. Lots of people lay down their lives for total strangers. No other animal does that. I'd rather be a Humanist than believe in an invisible being in the sky. If we all learnt to appreciate ourselves and others then the world would not be in such a mess.
:iconstrangemass:
Strangemass Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
What? How does not being a parent mean I don't know anything about being the thing that I am? There's more to being human than child rearing. Also, altruism is not something unique to humans; it's a trait that's been observed in many other social animals.
You'll learn one day.
That's a nice non-answer ya got there. :v
I don't have to explain myself to you :v
True, you have no obligation to do so. Not that I'd expect a response with any actual substance anyway. :v
Oooh! I've been B*tch slapped :iconpervygargyplz:

Hope you thaw out sometime in 2013.
:llama:
(1 Reply)
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
This is what I mean - nuts!
Add a Comment: