Closed to new replies
December 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 320

Why....Just WHY?!

:iconmodernevampiressa:
ModerneVampiressa Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012
There is a very VOCAL group on the internet claiming that the only real victims of rape are the males who "allowed themselves to be f*cked by the little harlots dressing themselves up like whores."

Obviously, I VERY MUCH disagree with this.

No female asks to be raped.
No female WANTS to be raped.

But we have a society that blames the victim; the female; based on what she was wearing or a prior relationship to the rapist.

Why can't people realize that ONLY yes means yes, and prior consent means NOTHING if someone does not want to have sex with you NOW?!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icon619warrior281:
619warrior281 Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
The internet,just like the 'real world',is a very stupid stupid place. Only difference, they have a computer screen to shield their stupidity.
:iconhungryartistsunited:
hungryartistsunited Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013
Pixel art-vertising: [link]
:iconelmida:
Elmida Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013
No male wants to be raped either, yo. Don't discriminate.
ModerneVampiressa Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013
What's with everyone saying I'm discriminating against males? The situation in question was involving females. Yes, rape happens to all genders; yes, it is equally as harmful. But I am not discriminating, just addressing an issue as it pertains to me.
:iconlifh:
Lifh Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
Remember, sexism goes BOTH ways! I'm all for Girl Power, but don't get TOO caught up ahead of yourself like some feminazi's do. The pendulum is quickly swinging the other way.
:iconmihaihen:
Mihaihen Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
Even do i agree, what she wears does not matter. But... "prior relationship to the rapist. " < if she is friends with rapists, i am sorry but she has part of the blame. If i befriend a serial killer and i get killed, guess what? I have a part in the blame. If your gonna say: But she did not know! Well human society implies a bit of mutual understanding, if she thinks rapists make good company she sucks at being human, social, whatever.
Or deep down she knows what he is and wants it, either for attention or pleasure. People are sick like that.
ModerneVampiressa Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
Wow.... Most rapes happen between the victim and someone. she. already. knows.
Who the HELL befriends a RAPIST?!
Mihaihen Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
If she already knows him that means she did does n it?
Fuking female logic. Listen, if you r friends with some one and he rapes you, guess what, you where friends with a rapist the hole time.
ModerneVampiressa Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
Someone like an acquaintance; the person who delivers the mail, the pastor, a friend of a friend.... And more often than not, they've raped before and will again. But considering the low percentage of rapes that actually get REPORTED, she won't know he's a rapist until it's too late.

Date rape also happens to make up a large percentage.

~

No one in their right mind would KNOWINGLY befriend a rapist.
Mihaihen Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
KNOWINGLY?!? Woman logic again. The point is they should know this sort of thing. Where the fuck is their female intuition?!? Or common sense for that matter \o/
Also she accepted to go on a date with a rapist. Does not mater is she knows it or not. She thought him attractive, she was thinking: hey maybe i am gonna score with this guy.
Not any ones fault she dun goofed. Just her own shitty judgement.
ModerneVampiressa Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
You are being offensive.
You are blaming the victim.
You are being sexist.
:iconoperia:
Operia Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
While I do agree with this, I do have to mention that some girls do lie about being raped

And men can be raped, too. It's not unheard of.
:iconseth2012chaos:
seth2012chaos Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Although I agree with you I need to say that sometimes some willingly do it then claim they are raped.
:iconxyloz:
xyloz Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
Under section 1(1) SOA 2003 a defendant, A, is guilty of rape if:

_ A intentionally penetrates the vagina, anus or mouth of B (the complainant) with his penis;

_ B does not consent to the penetration; and,

_ A does not reasonably believe that B consents.

It's very straight forward, penis in vagina is rape, based entirely on what the woman's mental state.
If A THOUGHT she was consenting and it can be proven the criteria of rape falls down.

B wakes up next to A and can't handle it CALL THE POLICE!
70-80% of rape charges are proved to be either false or perjury leaving innocent men in jail for life.

How do you prove someone has changed their mind after the fact?
Well what were they wearing at the time of rape, where were they his place or hers, some fucking dingy back alley?

It's called a clue you should get one.

If a 15 year old girl tarts her self up, lies to get into a club which having been a student I can honestly say happens way too frequently and sleeps with a man claiming to be of age, guess who gets life.

Because, the age of consent is 16 so there can be no consent if you are 15 so it's automatic life.
Welcome to why that website came about.
:iconcatching-dreamz:
catching-dreamz Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Professional General Artist
this stuff makes me SO mad...I agree!!

no girl is "asking for it". EVER. But instead of taking control of their own lives or actually learning to maybe be a respectful human being people feel the need to just blame the girl when she did NOTHING. A girl should be able to dress and go how/where she pleases without having to worry about this, and especially without having to worry about being BLAMED for some sick freak's actions!

just like people blaming pit bulls for dog fights, when are the actual creatures responsible going to own up to their actions and choices?!
:iconzazill:
Zazill Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Aaah the wonderful blame game.
:iconthehistoryfreak13:
thehistoryfreak13 Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Student General Artist
We were just discussing this in my Dystopian Literature class the other day, because one student was saying how women aren't the only victims of these occurences, because there are women who have been known for pretending to be raped to make a guy look bad. In my opinion, people in society need to get this straight: rape means you are forcing someone against their will to have sexual interations with. FORCING!!! Just because a woman might dress revealing clothing that doesn't mean a man has the right to attack them. It isn't our society that has decided to blame the victim mostly, its history itself. Throughout history women were seen not as people most of the time. In politics they were seen as a trade or ways of political or economic trade, in other aspects they were seen as 'toys' to use and play with. And to this day people still hold onto the concept that women are 'devalued' when they have sex before marriage, if not in the United States than certainly in other countries.
The reason women are blamed is because they have been for hundreds of years. Societies have always held onto the concept that men need to be 'satisfied'. I mean why else would men be called players if they slept with a bunch of women, but women are degraded as 'sluts' or 'whores' if they do the same.
People need to realize that women aren't weak, we are strong. We have dealt with the hardest of times and we always have prospered. We are the sex that created life, and we deserve respect. Equality between all sexes in every way is what we strive for in our future. We are in a new age, we can change that. We have the power to make the world see, that its our choice, and it never is our fault.
:iconcercan:
Cercan Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
"We are the sex that created life"

It takes 2 to create life sweety...
thehistoryfreak13 Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Student General Artist
you know what i mean
thehistoryfreak13 Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Student General Artist
y know what i mean
:iconcercan:
Cercan Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013
Yes I do. You are assuming woman are the only ones responsible for life. What else could you possibly mean?
thehistoryfreak13 Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Student General Artist
yes of course men have a role but throughout history men seem to forget that women are the ones who carry a baby inside them for 9 months and give birth, which from what I hear isnt a very pleasant process. Yes men do have an important role in bringing life but, i feel that women have been ignored throughout history for their role that is mainly my point.
thehistoryfreak13 Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Student General Artist
:) thank you
:iconxyloz:
xyloz Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
That was long winded.

Under section 1(1) SOA 2003 a defendant, A, is guilty of rape if:

_ A intentionally penetrates the vagina, anus or mouth of B (the complainant) with his penis;

_ B does not consent to the penetration; and,

_ A does not reasonably believe that B consents.

Notice the penis bit, since when do women have a penis (Prosthesis, or imitations do not count towards rape it is a strict term)

Blaming a woman is impossible, however, using consent as a defence is the only defence in most of these cases.

Now as it all falls to he said she said, and the defence is on the man's side it's the prosecution up first.
She said he raped her she said she never went out to have sex...
Her friends are called to the stand and of course they will back her up.

As the defence, you have to defend this man!
What do you have???
Testimony of his friends that's a given
Testimony of eye witnesses in the club also a given
The face book picture, in the toilets, where she is dressed like a hooker, "Titled on the pull"
Which would you choose of the 3?

Can a woman rape, technically no.
Can they fuck up their prosecution with picture evidence, urm yeah.
And that's

HOW FOR NOW!
:iconvulpimo:
Vulpimo Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
Yup, it's just making excuses. And excuses for further brainwash. Like women in islam who are forced to wear disgusting outfits yet get raped more often than others.
I think u might have misunderstood it. In islam it is an obligation to take care of your women, and make sure they are treated with the highest respect. In Islam, many view that women covering themselves up is a way of respecting themselves. It isn't an obligation to wear the burka, it is suggested. Though in Middle Eastern societies many men mistake the concept that it gets annoying. Some annoyingly even use religion as an excuse for expressing control. Not everyone is perfect, i mean not all christians,not all jews, not all athiests are perfect. There are always those people who make their people look bad. And I will disagree with u that muslim women get raped more than others, that is just not true. No one knows who gets raped the most because most women dont report anything when they are attacked.
Vulpimo Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
'obligation to take care of your women, and make sure they are treated with the highest respect.'

You know that it's sexism and it implies that women can't take care of themselves?

'In Islam, many view that women covering themselves up is a way of respecting themselves'

So why is it enforced by law?

'Not everyone is perfect, i mean not all christians,not all jews, not all athiests are perfect'

Yeah but only islam was able to slow the social progress down so much that in islamic states religion is still one of the major factors that determine behavior. And what about violence? Religion causes people to act violently, but most of the civilized countries already went through that. Nowadays nobody will hit you on the street just because you don't follow their religion's social obligations. Except for...? Exactly.

As for more women raped- ever heard of self report research? And the dark number? The evidence is overwhelming. And don't forget that self report research is in this case the only reliable factor since women in islam will NEVER go to police or they will be punished AND excluded. It's just a 'cultural' difference, lol.
Ok i dont see how respecting women is a bad thing? Oh please, it doesn't they can't take care of themselves. Muslims know that they can take care of themselves, but their is nothing wrong with respecting them.

Oh please it isn't enforced by law, it is only enforced by the saudi arabian government, which has been seen as corrupt by many muslims. The country is basically ruled by a family. Yes women have a choice in covering themselves. If they are forced then the person forcing them isnt doing it for islam, its for their own convenience.

Ok no that is not true. Christians had a huge role in that. Ok there are so many examples where muslims have not fought over religion. During the Moor's rule of Spain all, Christians, and jews lived there in peace. And in arab countries there are a lot of Christians there as well. When Muslims have fought it usually was over land. Oh please no muslim would hit u if u didn't follow their social obligations, they would only pity u or disapprove of u. Most people mind their own business. You need to get ur facts straight
Vulpimo Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
It's not respect. If you respect someone, you treat them equally. And in islam, women are treated as inferior to men. Open any civil/criminal code in islamic country. It distinguishes men from women and provides them with a different set of laws. It's not a big discovery that it's totally in breach of human rights.

Then it's enforced by law. Law doesn't have to be written and set in proper legislation system. In primitive societies that's how government rules- by saying what is right or wrong and calling it a law. And every law based on religion is unjust. Sharia is considered a law- the one that breaches human rights just as Hitler's Mein Kampf ideas- but it is a law to them, and they are taught to obey it.

You did not understand my point at all. I never said it was due to friction BETWEEN religions. I just pointed out the obvious fact- in religious societies, moral system is based around religion. If a religion promotes violence, discrimination and such, the society follows. Needless to say muslims say that islam is the last and final form of religion. Therefore, there is no progress. Meaning that their societies are similar to those of Christian countries in the middle ages. No progress. Medieval laws. Outdated society as a whole.

'Oh please no muslim would hit u if u didn't follow their social obligations, they would only pity u or disapprove of u' there was a muslim that we got to know in a specific way. And if you know their 'cultural' traits, you might guess what it was.

As for the facts about society and religion, it's hard to find someone as knowledgeable as me, trust me ^^
thehistoryfreak13 Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Student General Artist
there is no point talking to u ur just racist against muslims. U clearly don't have the slightest understanding what muslims believe, so dont judge people based off religion its sick and insulting.
Vulpimo Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
Lol I just stated a series of sociologist and historical facts.

Racist against muslims? Where did you get THAT from?! XD

Don't have the slightest understanding? Believe me, I understand more than you could possibly know...
thehistoryfreak13 Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Student General Artist
oh please do u want me to say it all right im muslim and i find ur conclusions false and lack any understanding. U are making us look like evil being who don't give a damn about women, and im a woman and im saying that isn't and dont u say bull shit like i was brain washed or something.

I have been in these countries and seen its people and I can vouch what I say is true. Women are given respect and are loved in Islam. It is the extremists who think otherwise. They dont like the fact that women are gaining more freedom so they try to show off to the world what they believe which makes people think Islam is a 'oh so imprisoning against women'. Im muslim and I dont wear a scarf and that is my choice. If anyone forces a girl to cover without their consent then they are only doing it for themselves, not religion. Its not obligation. Just because alot of women like to be modest doesnt mean they are being oppressed. Its like saying that girls wearing long jeans are being oppressed when they could wear shorts. What is wrong if a woman herself doesn't want to show her hair? I show my hair because to be a true muslim, it isn't about outer appearances, it is about what u believe and the faith u have.

I think ur being racist because ur criticizing an entire race and religion, based off the rediculous selfish boastings of others of the same group.
(1 Reply)
ModerneVampiressa Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
There's no need to be racist.
Vulpimo Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
Umm... WHAT? :O

How on Earth would you associate this with racism? :O
ModerneVampiressa Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
The slur against women who wear burka. It's not in their power to step away from the male domination they face, unless they'd like to risk their lives to get away. It hides them from male eyes; and yes, it does not keep them from being raped; but there are times when it certainly helps.
Vulpimo Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
With all due respect, you got me wrong.

I never blamed women for anything. In fact, what I meant was that males create excuses for providing the society with irrational and outdated islamic bullshit (like a sexist obligation to wear a burka), and that one of these excuses is 'so that women don't appeal arousing for men (SIC!)'. Needless to say, it doesn't work. And saying that 'it helps' is just wrong, seeing that it's not like a woman should keep herself covered with ugly rags to avoid being raped, it's men who should keep themselves away from unwilling women.

I found a little something a couple days ago...
[link]

As a matter of fact, this 'religion' is a very serious factor that ceases the social and cultural evolution as a whole.
ModerneVampiressa Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
I apologize. The wording confused me, and I took it in the wrong way.
Vulpimo Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
No offence taken XD ps I hate guys blaming girls for being raped too
:iconyrke:
Yrke Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Student
If you honestly believe that any human being WANTS or DESERVES to be forcefully taken against their will, possibly having to face life-long trauma and PTSD, feel free to jump off a building.
ModerneVampiressa Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
I really hope that was not directed at me...
Oh, nononono. Just people who think like that in general.
Ah. ^.^
Sorry for sounding like I was targeting you, hahaha.
Oh no, not at all. ^.^
:iconblack-allison:
Black-Allison Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
I think things are truly sexist when you reverse the genders and it sounds dumb.

Eg: Mom made me a sandwich vs Dad made me a sandwich. Sounds good, carry on.

Eg: I raped her because her clothes provoked me. I raped him because his clothes provoked me.

Like seriously, what if a homosexual rapist were to make that declaration in court? Ridiculous! Next pedophiles will be saying kids in shorts provoked them.
That is a good point
ModerneVampiressa Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
I like this.
:iconbetweenskill:
BetweenSkill Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student Writer
A man in Italy was found not guilty of rape on account of the fact that the young woman's pants were "too tight to take off without her assistance". Also Italy is the most shovinistic country in the world. Just wanted to let you know.
Add a Comment: