i just dont get these "witches"

Seriously. Someone pointed out to me that my complaints thread would probably be better here in religon forum.

so i made this thread

AND anyways. can any of you actually respect someone who calls themself a "witch" or a "pagan"?

its like dude. your religion was proven wrong like a thousand years ago. get with the time man!

i think theyre just doing it for attention imho

What do you guys think?
Comments523
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
But a jew, a christian or a muslim qualifies to not to be an attention whore? If you can't respect a pagan but can respect a christion, jew or whatever that's hypocrisy.
I like them Wicca chicks :3 they smear hallucinogenic ointments all over theyr bodies and i can lick it of (om non nom), they also do other stuff to me and me to them, bla bla bla. Love them gurls xD
I think you're a dumbass. You think we were proven wrong? History lesson, Pagan beliefs were prominant until Christian scum decided that they were right. Check your facts next time.
How can you say it was 'proven wrong'? Paganism and the like was almost eradicated out of ignorance and prejudice, not because it was 'wrong'. I can relate with the part where you talk about respect however. I am a pagan, but I do not go around telling everyone, there are too many people out there that call themselves 'witches' for attention and to look like something they're not, which is extremely insulting for those of us who are the real deal. Paganism has moved on, and has adapted to modern day society :)
the only witch/pagan I've met was a very quiet girl that goes to my school and when I asked her about it she didn't tell me a whole lot
but I think that they should be free to practice their religion without judgement so long as they aren't harming anybody or anything
I don't know a whole lot about them but it seems like a legitimate religion to me
1. Yes I can respect them. As much as I can respect a sane christian (emphasis on sane) or an atheist.
2. What do you mean with "proven wrong"? There is no wrong or right religion. Yeah, the old Norse got slaughtered by christians, so the Norse religion is wrong? Wtf?
3. Why would someone take on a religion to get attention? :o I'm pagan because it gives me peace, because I love mother nature, because I am. But I guess some people are just bound to be close-minded and stereotyping.
1.AND anyways. can any of you actually respect someone who calls themself a "witch" or a "pagan"?

i can respect anyone so long as they deserve respect.

2.its like dude. your religion was proven wrong like a thousand years ago. get with the time man!

what evidence is there that magik dosen't exist? maybe not the magiks of old but definitely newer energies that emerge all of the time?

3.i think theyre just doing it for attention imho

no more than muslims, satinists, jehovas witness, scientologists, or athiests are just doing it for the attention.
I hate to call someone stupid. But if you really think you are a witch then you are just stupid. that is all. It is no different than a child pretending to be a super hero. Except they are adults and they believe it.
I feel the same way about every religion ever.
I could be whenever these people are casting their spells they "see" results and put faith into it. Hey, as long as it works for them...

What i don't understand is...if they know what they are doing...don't they realize what they are doing could really dangerous? You could only cast good spells, but if you cast anything negative or related to a negative god/goddess you will have all the negativity come back at you in 3 fold or something.

I don't believe in it...but I was thinking somewhat hypothetically.
It's okay, they probably don't get you either. It's like asking a dog to get a zebra. Neither of them truly understands where the other is coming from, and trying to get them together only results in a zebra with bitemarks on it's ass, and a dog with it's teeth kicked in.
Excuse me? If you say paganism was proven wrong, than you can just as well say Christianity is proven wrong, and I'm sure you don't want that, do ya? I don't get why so many people seem to label any polytheistic religion as wrong and stupid.
Religions have never been proven "true" so proven it as untrue is little more than whining. pagans and witches have as much right to their beliefs as anyone.
Their life, they do what they want.
i just don't get these "christians"
I do not respect religion.
I do not respect masses of stupid people.

Following the logic at the helm here...

I do not believe in stupid masses of religious people.
Problem solved.
If my level of respect for a person was based on their faith and beliefs, I would have very little respect for a large number of people.
People call me a witch though I don't celebrate the holidays that witches would. I celebrate the holidays I traditionally did growing up. I read Tarot cards extremely well [link] and I practice magic. I also have a pentacle tattooed on my upper left arm. Now, that's a pentacle not a pentagram, because I do not believe in the devil. I have had experiences with ghosts and spirits (which are two different things) since I was 4. I'm a Dream interpreter, a devinator, and I see a lot of what others cannot see with their own eyes. I call myself Spiritual. ;)
well isn't a pentacle a 5 pointed star with a circle around it and the pentagram just the star? at least that is was all my research over time has told me...and I do believe that the devil is a christian thing, and people who claim to believe in the devil also claim to believe in satan (which are technically not the same but whatever) and the satanist "bible" hast a pentacle with a goats head and those hebrew symbols as symbol on top...(I just say that is my conclusion after 3 years of research on these topics)
Common misconception, love. Pentacles are stars with or without the circle on the physical plane(like a charm) and then pentagrams are if they're written.
like I said, after what I looked through...thanks for telling me ^^ but I still don't fully understand (well I understand the difference but not what they do)could you explain that to me please?