Closed to new replies
December 23, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 522

i just dont get these "witches"

:iconheaven-spawn:
heaven-spawn Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
Seriously. Someone pointed out to me that my complaints thread would probably be better here in religon forum.

so i made this thread

AND anyways. can any of you actually respect someone who calls themself a "witch" or a "pagan"?

its like dude. your religion was proven wrong like a thousand years ago. get with the time man!

i think theyre just doing it for attention imho

What do you guys think?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconseth2012chaos:
seth2012chaos Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
But a jew, a christian or a muslim qualifies to not to be an attention whore? If you can't respect a pagan but can respect a christion, jew or whatever that's hypocrisy.
:iconmihaihen:
Mihaihen Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
I like them Wicca chicks :3 they smear hallucinogenic ointments all over theyr bodies and i can lick it of (om non nom), they also do other stuff to me and me to them, bla bla bla. Love them gurls xD
:icondwbloodfin:
DWBloodfin Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
I think you're a dumbass. You think we were proven wrong? History lesson, Pagan beliefs were prominant until Christian scum decided that they were right. Check your facts next time.
:iconromanticnostalgia:
RomanticNostalgia Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
How can you say it was 'proven wrong'? Paganism and the like was almost eradicated out of ignorance and prejudice, not because it was 'wrong'. I can relate with the part where you talk about respect however. I am a pagan, but I do not go around telling everyone, there are too many people out there that call themselves 'witches' for attention and to look like something they're not, which is extremely insulting for those of us who are the real deal. Paganism has moved on, and has adapted to modern day society :)
:iconalalampone:
alalampone Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
the only witch/pagan I've met was a very quiet girl that goes to my school and when I asked her about it she didn't tell me a whole lot
but I think that they should be free to practice their religion without judgement so long as they aren't harming anybody or anything
I don't know a whole lot about them but it seems like a legitimate religion to me
:iconwotansvogel:
Wotansvogel Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013   General Artist
1. Yes I can respect them. As much as I can respect a sane christian (emphasis on sane) or an atheist.
2. What do you mean with "proven wrong"? There is no wrong or right religion. Yeah, the old Norse got slaughtered by christians, so the Norse religion is wrong? Wtf?
3. Why would someone take on a religion to get attention? :o I'm pagan because it gives me peace, because I love mother nature, because I am. But I guess some people are just bound to be close-minded and stereotyping.
:iconi11i1111i:
I11I1111I Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Professional Artist
1.AND anyways. can any of you actually respect someone who calls themself a "witch" or a "pagan"?

i can respect anyone so long as they deserve respect.

2.its like dude. your religion was proven wrong like a thousand years ago. get with the time man!

what evidence is there that magik dosen't exist? maybe not the magiks of old but definitely newer energies that emerge all of the time?

3.i think theyre just doing it for attention imho

no more than muslims, satinists, jehovas witness, scientologists, or athiests are just doing it for the attention.
:iconkingstephenarthur:
KingStephenArthur Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Student Photographer
I hate to call someone stupid. But if you really think you are a witch then you are just stupid. that is all. It is no different than a child pretending to be a super hero. Except they are adults and they believe it.
:iconpippintookoftheshire:
PippinTookoftheShire Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I feel the same way about every religion ever.
:iconxtinyheartx:
xtinyheartx Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I could be whenever these people are casting their spells they "see" results and put faith into it. Hey, as long as it works for them...

What i don't understand is...if they know what they are doing...don't they realize what they are doing could really dangerous? You could only cast good spells, but if you cast anything negative or related to a negative god/goddess you will have all the negativity come back at you in 3 fold or something.

I don't believe in it...but I was thinking somewhat hypothetically.
:icongeistjager:
Geistjager Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist
It's okay, they probably don't get you either. It's like asking a dog to get a zebra. Neither of them truly understands where the other is coming from, and trying to get them together only results in a zebra with bitemarks on it's ass, and a dog with it's teeth kicked in.
:iconmuniaelena:
MuniaElena Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Excuse me? If you say paganism was proven wrong, than you can just as well say Christianity is proven wrong, and I'm sure you don't want that, do ya? I don't get why so many people seem to label any polytheistic religion as wrong and stupid.
:iconkerrymcquaid:
kerrymcquaid Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Professional Photographer
Well Said.
:iconmuniaelena:
MuniaElena Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Thank you.
:icondraze:
draze Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013   Traditional Artist
Religions have never been proven "true" so proven it as untrue is little more than whining. pagans and witches have as much right to their beliefs as anyone.
:iconperibyss:
Peribyss Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Their life, they do what they want.
:iconmatthewmatters:
MatthewMatters Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Professional General Artist
i just don't get these "christians"
:iconslippymagnus:
SlippyMagnus Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I do not respect religion.
I do not respect masses of stupid people.

Following the logic at the helm here...

I do not believe in stupid masses of religious people.
Problem solved.
:iconknightfawkes:
KnightFawkes Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
If my level of respect for a person was based on their faith and beliefs, I would have very little respect for a large number of people.
:iconrjw-photo:
RJW-Photo Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Professional Photographer
People call me a witch though I don't celebrate the holidays that witches would. I celebrate the holidays I traditionally did growing up. I read Tarot cards extremely well [link] and I practice magic. I also have a pentacle tattooed on my upper left arm. Now, that's a pentacle not a pentagram, because I do not believe in the devil. I have had experiences with ghosts and spirits (which are two different things) since I was 4. I'm a Dream interpreter, a devinator, and I see a lot of what others cannot see with their own eyes. I call myself Spiritual. ;)
:iconwizardofunseen:
WizardOfUnseen Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:la:
:iconnanashi-higashi:
Nanashi-Higashi Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
well isn't a pentacle a 5 pointed star with a circle around it and the pentagram just the star? at least that is was all my research over time has told me...and I do believe that the devil is a christian thing, and people who claim to believe in the devil also claim to believe in satan (which are technically not the same but whatever) and the satanist "bible" hast a pentacle with a goats head and those hebrew symbols as symbol on top...(I just say that is my conclusion after 3 years of research on these topics)
:icondragonflae:
Dragonflae Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
Common misconception, love. Pentacles are stars with or without the circle on the physical plane(like a charm) and then pentagrams are if they're written.
Nanashi-Higashi Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
like I said, after what I looked through...thanks for telling me ^^ but I still don't fully understand (well I understand the difference but not what they do)could you explain that to me please?
Dragonflae Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
Pentacles on average are protective charms or pendants like this , and pentagrams are drawn for...well, whatever one would need to draw a pentagram for, I guess. Like this
Nanashi-Higashi Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
ah ok ^^ thanks
:iconkinrift:
Kinrift Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
Pentagrams are related to Satan.
:iconorlyowlplz:
:iconjellybean9000:
Jellybean9000 Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Wikipedia sucks and you suck for using it.
Dragonflae Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013
Pentagrams and pentacles are the same thing. The only distinction is a pentagram is written, and a pentacle is a charm.

A reverse pentacle/pentagram is the symbol for Satanism.

Also, there's no specific holidays for 'witches'. There's the few on the Wiccan wheel of the year, but Wicca is a religion that often incorporates witchcraft into its practices. Witchcraft is not a religion, it is a craft. Being a craft, there are no 'holy days' or holidays for witches to celebrate simply because they're witches.
RJW-Photo Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Professional Photographer
Here's some reading material for you. Education is always a good thing. ;)

[link]

[link]
Dragonflae Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013
Sorry, hon. Both of those are inaccurate. I only know one male witch who calls himself a 'warlock'(author Christian Day) and that's because 'warlock' means 'oath breaker' in old Irish. It's more insulting than anything else.

Also, the first website is, like many others, assuming all witches are Wiccan. Hate to burst your bubble.

And I can't believe you'd even try to list Wikipedia as a reliable resource. Did you know most schools won't accept that website as a valid source of information when writing papers or researching for projects?

Read some actual books and then come find me.
RJW-Photo Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Professional Photographer
I have been since I was 12, I'm 35. :D Have a great day!
Dragonflae Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
Age has nothing to do with knowledge. I've met some perfectly ignorant thirty-five-year-olds, and some brilliant children.

If a teenager can call you out on misinformation, it's time to find a new book to read.
RJW-Photo Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Professional Photographer
Think what you want, kiddo. I live my life perfectly happy. It's time to find yourself. I've already found myself. you have a long way to go.
:iconjuliabohemian:
Juliabohemian Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
You found yourself? Were you missing?
:iconwitwitch:
witwitch Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Student Writer
She has a long way to go because she pointed out the fact that you are misinformed? Witch and Wiccan are not the same thing. You can be a witch without being a Wiccan, and therefor wouldn't celebrate Wiccan holidays.

Especially atheist witches.
:iconself-epidemic:
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
35 years old and has a panic attack when someone points you are wrong? What a fanny.
:iconmacker33:
macker33 Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Nope, no respect whatsoever, these people are just odd, nothing more to it.
:icongewalgon:
Gewalgon Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
As long as people think they can impose their own beliefs to other, as long as they believe they have the right to judge over other beliefes, as long as they don't learn that believe is free, something that you can't touch and that it is a personal choice, so long will excist wars, power struggles and strife. And only we can change the situation on this world. Do you want peace? So believe and let believe!

I don't call myself a Pagan or Witch, but I believe in many things that is from Pagan Religion, and I believe in many other things of many religions!
I think all religions have their good sides and their right to excist!

(I hope you can understand my english well, I'm from Germany and try my best!)
:iconsoriyns-knight:
Soriyns-Knight Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Student General Artist
I don't believe that any religion has ever been "proven" wrong. What ever a persons religion is, it is what they believe, even if you believe there is no god or that all religion is wrong, it is still what you believe, and I find it kind of insulting that your would that that a person only believes something just to get attention. I think you made this forum just to get attention.
:iconmci021:
mci021 Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
I think you're just trolling and shitting on other people's beliefs for attention, so I guess that makes you even.
:iconxxarishaxpxx:
xxarishaxpxx Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
I don't see the problems with people believeing in whatever they want to believe, as long as they aren't frcing their beliefs on me. And besides... Christianity's holidays are pagan based, there shouldn't be any problem.
:iconhkepoetry:
hkepoetry Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Just because someone disagrees with your opinion, doesn't make it wrong. What you stated in your OP is an OPINION, not a FACT. Don't force your religious views on others, it's rude and incredibly narrow-minded.
If there is a God, I want legit PROOF that he exists. Same thing with Allah, Buddha and whatever. I need concrete evidence, not some written shit that happened long ago. He may have existed in the past, but what I want to know is if he exists TODAY.

Again, what you stated in your OP is an OPINION, not a FACT. Don't mix up the two, because they are almost never the same thing.

I suggest you look at this video, calm your tits and enjoy yourself: [link]
:iconunclegargy:
UncleGargy Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Proven wrong? What rubbish are you talking about. Its very ancient knowledge and incorporated into Christianity. It will always be there as its the 'magic' of the Earth.
:icondinysrawr:
dinysrawr Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Says the person with 'from heaven i spawned' on their bio.

I have many Pagan friends and I am a Christian. Yes, I do respect them.

Can I respect a rude little trollop like yourself? Barely D:
:iconshidaku:
Shidaku Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
No religion has ever been proven to be false.
:icontimlavey:
TimLavey Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Sure they have.
Shidaku Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
Religion relies on faith and belief. Neither have any rational basis, they cannot be proven wrong.
:icontimlavey:
TimLavey Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Actually they can when their made up beliefs conflict with reality. Take for example many denominations of Christianity and Islam teaching that the entire world were flooded 4000 years ago. It never happened.
Shidaku Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
Because why?
The geological record says it never happened.
Historical documents make no mention of it.
Yet why still believe?
Because they believe it to be a test from God to determine if they trust God's word over the word of man.

I know I know it's great circular logic, but it's still their belief and faith with proof is not faith.
Add a Comment: