Closed to new replies
December 22, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 103

Happy holidays from an Atheist celebrating X-mas

:iconthemarcher:
TheMarcher Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Well it was not christian to begin with so I don't see the problem really.
Personally it is just an excuse to gather the whole family and give gifts to whose close to me.

Some people seem to think I can't do that if I don't celebrate Jesuses B-day at the same time. I don't see why?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconjericawinters:
JericaWinters Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
:iconxmasballs01plz::iconxmasballs02plz:
Merry Christmas
:iconcake-fiend:
cake-fiend Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
All this babbling about what Christmas is or isn't or what it is or isn't about is ridiculous. Christmas is about whatever the hell the people celebrating it want it to be about. People celebrate it differently all around the world. For some people it's entirely about Jesus, for some people it's about food and family and gifts. Why does anyone give a shit who celebrates it and what it's about for them?
:iconkausawolf:
kausawolf Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Christmas isn't really about Jesus anymore anyway.
(Wasn't he really born in spring or something?)

I know a lot of Atheists that celebrate actually.
:iconcake-fiend:
cake-fiend Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Christmas is about a lot of things. It's not fair to say that Christmas isn't about such-and-such, it can be about whatever the people celebrating it want it to be about, and to some that is Jesus.
:iconkell0x:
Kell0x Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Student General Artist
Christmas is no longer a religious holiday or else the focus would be on Jesus Christ but no we have Christmas three, Santa Claus, Frosty the snowman xD they are NOT biblical figures.

And since its not even Jesus his birthday and we focus on none-Bibical figures wouldn't it be kind of insulting to Christians?

It's more of a culture thing anyway. Look at how many None-Christian countries like the Netherlands and Japan celebrate Christmas,
:iconalphasunking:
Alphasunking Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
there is nothing wrong with that in my opinion you just enjoy your food & family
:iconhelloabakkus:
helloabakkus Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
My family is religious, so for them it's a religion thing, but I'm agnostic, so I just enjoy the food and the warmth and the gifts and the family time. <3
:iconkaput6no:
kaput6no Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012   Digital Artist
In Belgium, some over-the-top secular people wanted to rename Christmas "plaisir d'hivers" (Winter pleasures) and get rid of the Christmas tree for being too christian... a frigging tree whose origin isn't even christian... seriously...

I perfectly embrace the commercial aspect of the event and only celebrate Christmas for the food and the presents but that's a really silly move imho.
:iconalzircon:
alzircon Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
:iconmaltese101:
maltese101 Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Student General Artist
We're celebrating the food, presents, party, decorated trees, greetings, costumes and carols part.

Just not the "Christ" part. :dummy:
Add a Comment: