Lying

Somebody once said that lies will lock you up.
With truth the only key.

What do you think everyone?

P.S Good to be alive and back on DA
Comments84
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
i would also have accepted: lies will lock you up.
With truth the only WD40.
define 'lies' and 'truths'.
What context are we talking about? Are we defining truthfulness based on what the speaker thinks? Truth independent of individual beliefs? Are we taking into account intents?

Also, I am curious... Where did this question come from?
Lies often have short tracks, as the majority of our species is about as good at lying as your average dog but yes, sometimes it's better to lie than not to.
Like when the phone salesman calls you.
It's 4am, I won't even try making sense.
Hey. Even salesman gotta do his job.
If no one knows the truth then no one will know you're lying either. Therefore they'd take your lie as being the truth. Right?
Lies are useful tools for smart people and dangerous for dumb people. same as with everything kinda.
They are the sharpest tools in the shed,
But not much use for the biggest. (tools in the shed)
The irony is that the honest man gets figured as being the liar, while people buy into the lies that the liars spread.
I believe that the truth will set you free, and others - lying just makes problems worse (I have grown up seeing this)
"Confound not truth with falsehood, nor knowingly conceal the truth." (Holy Quran 2:43)

“O you who believe! Fear Allah (God), and be with those who are true (in words and deeds).” (Holy Quran 9:120)

---

Holy Prophet Muhammad [Allah's Apostle] (saw) said three times:

"'Shall I not inform you of the biggest of the great sins?' We said ' Yes, O Allah's Apostle '. He said, ' To join partners in worship with Allah, To be undutiful to one's parents '. The prophet sat up after he had been reclining and added, ' And I warn you against giving forged statements and a false witness; I warn you against giving forged statements and a false witness '. The Prophet kept on saying that till we thought that he would not stop " (Bukhari, Book of Good Manners)

He also said another time:

"Whoever does not give up speaking lies and (does not give up forged) acts with it, God is not in need of his leaving his food and drink." (Bukhari, Book of Fasting)

-

These are some Islamic views.

;)
God is a jerk, and a liar.
Then he is not considered God, because God cannot act like a jerk, nor can he be dishonest.
Says 5+ billion people.
I think that a good lie will stand up to scrutiny just as well as the truth. Just be careful what you lie about and to not create too many loose ends.
Somebody has to tie them up I suppose
Indeed, though who shall that be?
Which one? There have been many of them through time. Many deluded ones too =P
I like honesty. But then again I don't feel bad about offending people... Maybe those two have something in common hmm...
Every sword has two edges