Christianity vs Judaism

If Jesus was a Jew, the King of Jews, then why do we have Christianity and not just Judaism?

Can anyone explain the main differences between the two?

P.s. Merry Christmas / Happy Hanukkah :squee: :alienxmas:
Comments101
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Jesus, was not just the King of the Jew. He is The King of King and The Lord of Lords of all Earth...and in Heaven.
:phew: Was not expecting this reaction. All very informative though! I think I get the jist of it. I'm not religious, but am interested in religion as a topic. So thanks guys for all your input!

Happy New Year also!
Judaism does not recognize Christ as the son of God.
It became "not just Judaism" once non-Jews started to join, which is something that happened quite early on with guys like Paul believing that the salvation offered extended to everyone, not just Jews.  But even without that, you would have the Jews who believed Jesus was the Messiah, and those who didn't.
there is no difference. Jesus was a Juda as Moses was a Christian.

at the core of every religion, when they are at their uncorrupted states, they are the same. we say that since İslam is the only religion that is uncorrupted, every member of a religion with their core teachings is a Muslim.

thats why Jesus, Moses, Abraham, Joseph and all the prophets troughout the history are Muslim.

and before you start bashing me with your civil colonist half militant nationalism, i need to remind you that people are corrupted, but the basic teaching of İslam -the Kuran itself- havent been corrupted. so the pure religion in Kuran is the purest form of religion.

so, İslam = core Christianity = core Juda = religion of Moses = religion of Jesus

you might ask why did Christianity come after Judaism if they were both the same, i will have to tell you that 1- one religion doesnt come after the other, the same religion comes again two times and 2- the reason that the religion had to repeat itself was 2a- the core of the religion was not accessible anymore 2b- people had forgotten the religion
That is because Jesus installed Christians. The first Christian congregation was formed in 33 A.C. His mother, Mary and all of his disciples converted into a Christian (you can read this in the book of Acts). Why was it necessary for Christians to appear? Well, the main reason is because Gods chosen nation: the Jews disobeyed him many times, even killing Jesus. By insuring Christians God gave all nations the opportunity to serve him. Off course there are more details, but I wish you find this little info hopeful. )
Because the first Christians were Jews. During Jesus' lifetime, Jesus never said that he was not a Jew. He in fact said in The Bible that he did not come to change the law, i.e. the laws of Moses and The Old Testament. But later after his lifetime, the Christians became a separate religion due to differing theological doctrines. Additionally, most Jews did not accept Jesus as the Messiah.
The jews persecuted Jesus and belived him to be a servant of the Devil because he could banish demons. Christians are those who follow the teachings of jesus aswell as the jewish scriptures. If you read acts, you start to see christianity branch off as Christians start to eat animals that Jews wont and such other things.
There's more difference between Judaism and Christianity than Jesus and dietary laws. Jews don't believe in hell, at least, not as an eternal place of punishment. They don't believe Satan rebelled against God, nor could even want to since angels don't have free will unlike humans. They believe Satan works as God's prosecutor to test the worthiness of mankind.

That's just a couple examples of some pretty significant differences.
"and other such things"
Thou shalt have no other god before me. - God
Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me. - Jesus
thanks for the quotes brah, i dont know where your going with it though
Jesus places himself before God. Avoiding the trinity nonsense this is directly opposed to the first commandment.
what do you mean AVOIDING the trinity nonsense? You have the father, the son and the holy ghost. the Trinity. Jesus does god's will on earth perfectly, He is the perfect example of a human being. When he says that you only get to heaven through him he is saying that you can only find favour in god by following his word.
The inclusion of the trinity concept was to avoid the conflict of Jesus breaking the first commandment by putting himself before God. The early church found a loophole by merely claiming that Jesus and God are the same being despite it not being mentioned anywhere in the bible.
Just to clarify, who is greater the Jesus or God?
View all replies
i will go check up on that.
Christianity is more the cult of Paul than the cult of Jesus.

The Christian savior and the Jewish Messiah are NOT the same thing. There is a laundry list of A through Z Prophecies and Miracles than the Jewish Messiah has to perform. He has to be alive to do these things. Jesus did maybe one of the easy ones, and fails the rest, under Judaism, Jesus is a false prophet.
Please dont call it a cult. You make us christians sound like pagans or something.
Christianity IS a cult. It has a 'leader' (Jesus.)

- the leader is always right. (Jesus is the perfect man without sin)
- sense of powerless, dependency, covert fear, guilt (we are all born in sin.)
- if members exit they are considered rebellious, out of the will of a higher power or the leader (those who 'fall away from God')
- The cult is held up to be the ONLY way to salvation or survival. All others are bad, and need to be avoided. (The only way to God is through Christ)
- An immortal leader that despite being dead the cult members will always claim is alive. (Jesus)
But it is a messianic cult of Judaism.
just call it judaism.
I'm talking about Christianity. It is a cult branched off of Judaism.
no its a religion branched off of judaism. Cults are things like paganism or the crap that comes out of america like that scientology one.
View all replies