Would you eat an aborted fetus?

I'll preface by saying that I give zero fucks about abortion, have got no opinion of it one way or the other. I just thought this was an interesting rhetorical argument that seemed to be not anything I'd seen considered before.

The usual (pro-choice) argument is that an aborted fetus is just a clump of cells, correct? While the pro-life argument is that it is a human life. So, it then seems that the first should consider it similar to chewing fingernails, while the latter would call it cannibalism. Of course it's not a perfect comparison, but for the sake of this particular scenario, where on this line would you consider it - if you're pro-choice person, who /wouldn't/ want to or consider eat an embryo, why not? Is there some point in level of development at which before, you would, but after, you wouldn't?

Or would it depend how it was cooked? :B
Comments205
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Sorry - I'm a vegetarian.
Hmm... Is it a religious thing?
Because i have no idea what religion makes you eat an aborted fetus...

._.
Nah, I wouldn't.
Maybe it's because I don't bite my fingernails, or maybe because I can't picture myself eating a fetus. I dunno. :XD:
Stem cells are not tasty, I can tell you that.
Lol :lmao: that is just gross, I would never want to eat a embryo....because of where it came from, plus it might have bones, probably soft ones, but still, I prefer my meat to be non-crunchy :lmao:...makes me think of balut :lmao: ( I never tried that though )
Hmm... That depends. Would I be able to fry it up and sell it to rich people as a delicacy? I chew the skin on my fingers and eat it... I like the taste of that, so if fetus is anything like that sure. :) I'll have mine extra crispy with salt, please. I think 3 minutes in the microwave would do it. Works on chicken skin. :)
... gross...

I wouldn't eat it, no matter what stage of development. I wouldn't want to eat it any more than I'd want to eat the placenta, which I wish Tom Cruise shared my opinion on...
Well, I prefer boneless, pure meat. Like, I'd have a taste of a healthy, amputated limb (from e.g. one in the 9th month), but an early fetus is full of these undeveloped bones and organs, and on the photos it looks so fragile, like some weird aspic, and I don't like phlegm-stuff.

I'm pro-Taygetus, by the way.
wow that's nasty , even into thinking something like that.
put it in a blender, puree it, then maybe.
:iconitsawwrightttplz: President of A* country is proud of you.
Cannibalism is a great way to circulate various types of prions diseases including CJD, the so-called human version of mad cow disease.
No, but that's because I'm a little freaked out by eating anything half-formed. Balut freaks me out too.
...No I would not.
Beside from the giant nasty factor of it, I wouldn't eat any clump of cells from my body or any other humans.
Astaghfirullah!!!

Yeah you can find out the meaning of that on Google.
I don't find it to be an appealing idea, so no. That is the extent of my reasons though.
If it's covered in enough hot sauce then yes.

in b4 butthurt tards :trollface:
Sorry bud, I guess your trap hasn't worked yet.
I know. I am disappoint.
I think I'd find it more easier to eat a dead human adult than an aborted fetus :stare: It just seems kinda gross, plus, how was it aborted anyway? It might not be safe to eat >.> There is a huge difference between chewing your nails and eating a fetus, people chew nails as a nervous habit, not for nutrition. It's a bit more of a choice to eat most things.
Who here has had beloit?
Probly tastes like chicken.
isn't an eggs an aborted fetus that nearly everyone eats?