Closed to new replies
December 13, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 78

Whats your creed/religion

:icondonlvir:
Donlvir Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I'd just like to know what you believe in. I said creed because not all beliefs are religions and stuff.

Fire away! :dummy:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondaniyyel-ao-r:
Daniyyel-Ao-R Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Student General Artist
I belive that nothing is real and everything permited...
:icontheartofcbyoung:
TheArtOfCBYoung Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Agnostic with atheist leanings.
:iconsalvadorsam:
salvadorsam Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm christian(ish) I've believe in christianity but I except that fact that I could very easily be wrong, and that I could very easily except another religion, put it this way, I've yet to discover a religion I truly believe in.
But my biggest belief is- If you believe in something with all your heart, mind and soul then it is true, no matter what it is.
:iconfenrir1987:
Fenrir1987 Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Norse Pagan
:iconkorduro:
Korduro Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Student Writer
Discordian
:iconthoughtmemory:
ThoughtMemory Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm an asatruar/agnostic
:iconantriku:
AntRiku Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Student General Artist
I'm a Catholic :)
:iconkittythenekoalien:
KittyTheNekoAlien Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I guess it's not exactly a religion, but my spiritual belief is Deism to put it simply. I could go on but I tend to end up rambling otherwise :O
:icongoldacorn:
goldacorn Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I am a pastafarian.
:iconnashiil:
Nashiil Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'm Roman Catholic.
:icontheliarwolfram:
TheLiarWolfram Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Student Filmographer
Agnostic witch. Yes, that's possible.
:icongdeeeelovr96:
GdeeeeLovr96 Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
i was Christian/Catholic when growing up, now i feel like half atheist i don't know right now. i do believe in the supernatural though. i do believe in evolution. i think some things in the bible are proven to be historically or scientifically correct or partially correct.
:iconwesmeadow:
Wesmeadow Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I am a Pantheist.
:iconfirewario:
FireWario Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I'm a Christian. I don't like being judged by other religous groups nor do I judge them myself. I can't control what faith people go with, but I stick to my faith in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit no matter what anyone says. It was hard for me to post here because the topic of religion can be sensitive, huh? But, I just wanted to admit my faith proudly.
:iconder-freishutz:
der-freishutz Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
full-blooded christian. although i find myself conflicted with gods message of divine justice and his sons more calm approach. walk with Christ.
:iconsmkiller:
Smkiller Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Hobbyist
But Jesus and God are one in the same, aren't they? So Jesus would actually agree everything God says...
der-freishutz Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
if you have actually read any of the gospals you would see that jesus actions are a tad different to old testament god's actions.
Smkiller Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Hobbyist
John 10:30 "I and my Father are one."

Matthew 5:17-19 "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Seems to be that Jesus are God are either the same identity or are just in agreement, and that Jesus plans to uphold the things written in the Old Testament.

Don't mistake this as an attack, by the way. Merely a form of inquiry. With this in mind, with Jesus endorsing the cruelties of the Old Testament, what makes him more respectable than God?
der-freishutz Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
the old testament was different then, infact the old testament we see today was put together by the catholics a few years back. books removed, put in etc. the bible we are thankful for today is quite young when compared to its contents. i do argee with you that jesus would have followed the old testament given to him at the time as he was a faithful jew, but this isnt to say that it is our old testamnt word for word. i myself do not argee with alot of the old testament and i have been confused with the words of my lord jesus and these other jewish men who speak for god, saying such awful things that you to disagree with.

in acts, god himself destroys one of the old jewish laws of not eating unclean animals, saying to the disiples "kill and eat."
:iconnaruto-ii:
Naruto-II Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Sorry, couldn't help myself when I read the word 'creed' XD
Anyway, I do not believe in anything supernatural like a God or Divine being(s). If there does happen to be one, I don't think it's of any use to us anymore.
:icondragonflae:
Dragonflae Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012
Eclectic pagan :p
:iconkausawolf:
kausawolf Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm spiritual.
Growing up my parents taught me what they believed, and I've looked into different religions.
I've taken the pieces of each that felt right, and have my own unique beliefs.
:p Hardish to explain but yeah, I guess thats it?
:iconjay-hyena:
Jay-Hyena Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I am agnostic and do not worry about silly things like the big theist vs. atheist debates.

I believe we will find the answers when we die.
:iconshockey4275:
Shockey4275 Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I dunno what religion i am :"D
I do belive in something great that surounds you...that something high is here and i dunno how to say that.
Basicly im a christian but dunno if im good enough for it :"D
:iconultimateridley:
UltimateRidley Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Deist.
:iconincandescentinsanity:
IncandescentInsanity Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Student General Artist
Atheist. I believe most people who frequent the religion forums are. Quite hilarious really
:iconhowsimplymad:
HowSimplyMad Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Agnostic.
:iconstoneman123:
stoneman123 Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I am an atheist and a skeptic. I do not believe in deities, nor anything else supernatural (fairies, ghosts, magic, psychic powers, etc.).

I am also completely self-centered. I feel that the only worthwhile consideration for my actions and goals is personal benefit, as determined by economics. I only care for the wellbeing of others when they are of some value to me. Nor do I see any need to ameliorate suffering that does not effect me personally: if my neighbor's house were destroyed by a tornado, I'd think, "Thank goodness it missed my house!" I am opposed to charity on principle, as it violates the fundamental economic law of quid pro quo. If I cannot benefit from a payment or service, I will not offer it.
:icontotally-dead:
Totally-dead Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I worship sex.
:iconjeweledscarab:
JeweledScarab Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Eclectic pagan and witch.
:iconsidca:
sidca Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
... what makes you so intrested suddenly in religeons?
:icondonlvir:
Donlvir Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I want to hear.
this might help?

[link]
Smkiller Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist
Religion is an interesting thing.
i agree, but i find it intresting why you and others find it intresting.
:iconbullet-magnet:
Bullet-Magnet Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
The marvellous of everything, and the two most abundant commodities in the universe: Hydrogen and human stupidity.
:icondantevergilloverar:
DanteVergilLoverAR Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012   General Artist
My dad's side of the family is Christian Catholic. What's funny though is that half the time, I believe in God, other times I don't. And I do not believe what goes on in the bible whatsoever but I believe in the characters since they seem like they can be real people. Thing is though, I don't believe in the stuff that goes on in the bible like Jesus resurrecting, Moses parting the Red Sea, etc. And the reason I don't believe in those "miracles" is because you don't see that stuff happening in real life. You don't see Criss Angle or David Copperfield doing that stuff.
:iconteacuppanda:
TeaCupPanda Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Student
Me and my family are all part of Lutheran church. Nobody of us actively visits church or we don't pray together, but all the traditional ceremonies are the events we took part. (Wedding, funeral, etc.)
But I myself have strongly feel connection to Buddhism or Taoism and the idea of us all being part of the same energy/universe, so all are equal and from same source. I also like wiccan idea of Mother and Father and the elements that are around us and with us. And I respect God, or any God that is out there, Allah, Ra, Zeus etc. because they are and always will be part of our society and culture.

Sorry for long response BV
:iconkillianseraphim:
KillianSeraphim Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Student General Artist
One part Penticostal Christian, one part Messianic Jew. Ultimately though, I don't hold to a specific denomination. I believe Jesus is the Son of God, and that His spirit dwells in me. That's all that matters.
:iconmatthewmatters:
MatthewMatters Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Professional General Artist
Buddhism.
:iconbeezlemona:
Beezlemona Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
and this is why I should stay away from the philosophy forum. :iconhideplz:
:icontotally-dead:
Totally-dead Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Found you. :iconevilgrinplz:
Beezlemona Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
:iconohfuckplz:
Beezlemona Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I dunno, primarily I'm an incredibly relaxed atheist but I occasionally draw on LaVeyan Satanic teachings (bear with me) to boost my inner strength/self motivation, I find parts of it useful though most of it I feel is a bit over the top so I don't follow it.... Really in my opinion LaVey Satanism is kind of like Existentialism with a fancy label and more sex but I'll shut up now :| *sidles off into safe corner before the wave of "eww you little attention whore" replies hits*
:iconfmvra1s:
fmvra1s Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I was raised a fundamentalist Christian. These days, I don't believe in much of anything, although I still see the value of human empathy and a sense of morality.
:iconskulkey:
skulkey Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
i believe in the human potential to be something greater than what it is. overall i'm influenced by Taoism, Buddhism, various pagan traditions, shamanism, mysticism, and anarchism.
:iconhowrandomd:
HowRandomD Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Randomness I suppose since it's what keeps me going. If that won't count, I do not know if there is any other asnwer from me.
:iconstripedpower:
StripedPower Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012   Digital Artist
I don't have a religion. They're useless to me. And I don't like to label myself as anything. But if I were forced I'd say "pantheist" because that's what's closer to what I know and believe.
:iconkittykidd17:
KittyKidd17 Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I'm an atheist too... but I hate when people judge us. Just because we don't believe in God doesn't mean we're bad people!
Add a Comment: