Closed to new replies
December 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 199

An Apparent Connection between Mormonism and Satanism

:icondragonflae:
Dragonflae Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
It's recently come to my attention that Mormonism and some branches of Satanism share a concept of a deified afterlife.

Thoughts?

I know. Possibly the laziest thread I've made. But I have virtually nothing else to add here :|

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconperibyss:
Peribyss Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
You normally have much more interesting threads.

I'm afraid that connection is a little thin, at least without any examples of their similarity.
Dragonflae Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013
Yeah, this was one of my off days. It started out as a joke between a friend and I, anyways.
:iconnovuso:
Novuso Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013
That is part of the great deception. Man evolving into minor gods is Satan's great deception. The Christian bible does not say this directly because the "Book of Enoch" is not part of the bible. Enoch is a hidden apocryphal text containing information on the nature of fallen angels and the creation human/angel hybrids. What do you thing a "Saint" is in Catholicism? Is not a saint a higher being than a normal human that became exalted into the order of angels. A saint in LDS is the same thing. It is interesting to note that "Saint" and "Satan" have the same root meaning. It is where were we get the words Sacred, Sacrament, Sanctify, Sanctuary, and Sacrifice from. No wonder they call it a deception.

Exaltation and canonization probably is an inner secret of LDS not shared with common folk or outsiders. Same can be said about the Satanic connections in the Vatican. It is not a legitimate criticism of LDS just an observation. People can believe whatever they want.
:iconkarinta:
Karinta Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Student General Artist
:iconobvioustrollplz:
:iconfacepalmplz: How do I, as one who does not believe in the existence of Satan, even respond to this?
:iconironhold:
Ironhold Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013
Actually, the LDS faith does *not* use the Book of Enoch.

Also, "exaltation" is in the Sunday school manual for investigators and new converts; if you want to read it, the manual is here: [link] . In other words, it's no secret.

And you'd better have some source citations for your bit about the root words or the Vatican having Satanic ties.
:iconnovuso:
Novuso Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013
To know the roots of all those words you need to understand Etymology. Words have roots and the roots have roots themselves so it requires a bit of digging. The English comes from the Latin and the Latin borrows from the Greek and Greek takes from Hebrew and Egyptian origins.

Sa' is a halo in Egyptian hieroglyphs. [link] Sa' is the top half the Ankh representing a divine magical protection where the Ankh is a hieroglyph symbolizing a higher being. Anhk is a cross with a loop on top representing something like a man with halo. The divine protection of the halo is called a Sa'. All kinds of words come from the Sa'. Saturn is a planet with a Halo ring. It means what is says and it spells what it means. A Sa' is ring so we get words like Sash. Sa' is protection so we get words like safe, save, and savior. Sabbath is the day the Lord "Saved" for rest. A Sa' is a halo of divine protection so Sa' is indeed the origin of the word Saint and why Saints are depicted with halos.

The second half of the word Satan is the Hebrew word An which means opposition. From this in the Greek we get Anti as in Antithesis or Antichrist. An is also the descriptor in the word Antagonist or antagonize. Put the Egyptian Sa' together with Hebrew An you get Sa'an which means Haloed Antagonist. It is right in the spelling.

You see with your eyes but essentially people like you are blind to the world and its' meanings.

Mankind
A kind of man
What kind of man
A hue man
Hue means light
Light in latin is Lucis as in Lucifer.

To put a halo of light on a man is a luciferian deception that raises man to the divine. If the LDS Saint is not a declaration of divinity then they should not use that word.
:iconironhold:
Ironhold Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013
You're reaching, dude.

For example, why would a word have both Egyptian *and* Hebrew chunks to it?

Then there's your "hue man" bit, which sounds like you just made it up.
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
It sounds like anti-Mormon propaganda to me.
I'd say it was anti-Satanic, to me :stare:
Add a Comment: