Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 74

Why does Jesus the shepherd leave his flock at the mercy of a Super Wolf?

:icongreatest-i-am:
Greatest-I-am Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
Why does Jesus the shepherd leave his flock at the mercy of a Super Wolf?

Scriptures say that God gave Satan/Super Wolf dominion over the earth and the power to deceive all of us on this world.

Jesus often used the shepherd and sheep analogy in scriptures.

Following that analogy and the fact that Jesus has been gone for some time now, one must wonder why, if our souls are so important to Jesus, he has left us and past generations at Satanís mercy.

No shepherd I ever heard of would be so irresponsible to his duty to his flock.
Especially since scriptures tell us that more sheep will be taken by Satan than protected by the shepherd.

Another breach of duty, FMPOV, is that Satan has been sentenced to hell by God, yet justice delayed is considered justice denied by most and God is denying mankind that justice.

I appreciate the free will argument that some might put but our free will was rescinded by God the moment he gave Satan the power to deceive us against our will. That situation is depicted somewhat in this clip which speaks to God letting Satan have his way with us.

[link]

This clip is just to show what some think of the shepherd analogy.

[link]

Can you shed some light on these two issues for me?

Regards
DL

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontdroid:
tdroid Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012
Assuming God and Jesus are the good guys, I'd say they are incompetent and have no idea what they are doing, and thus is tricked by an inferior opponent. Or they just don't care at all.

However, looking at the situation as a whole, I find it much more likely that if the Judeo-Christian God exists he is the bad one. Why? Because if God is malevolent the world makes a lot more sense right away. You don't have to sit through hours and hours of apologetics for it to kinda, but not really make sense for one. And it would make sense with regards to the Shepard analogy: you protect them until they are ready for slaughter.

Also, the "Love and Fear the Lord" thing is really suspicious. First; why would a loving God want us to fear him in the first place? And why would a loving God try to force people who fear him to love him as themselves?
Doesn't seem like anything the God a lot of modern christians try to promote.
Greatest-I-am Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012
I have no argument against clear and logical thinking my friend. Do not change.

Regards
DL
:icontdroid:
tdroid Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012
Of course you don't, we have been over this before =P
:iconnecroraevyn:
NecroRaevyn Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Student Writer
The christ dude has just decided to start running a lamb chop resteraunt. That is most likely, with the big bad wolf as the best costomer.
Greatest-I-am Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012
+ 1

Regards
DL
:icondebit:
Debit Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Perhaps there IS a such thing as 'enough of enough ... I'm outta here!' -- emotions of exasperation?

Going further back, once upon a time there was Moses, who also was in charge of leading a flock. It was not exactly an inspiring job, considering how many times his flock had rebelled and had to be punished (though it could have been a lot worse had Moses not begged Him to lessen standard divine punitive procedure more than once!) to keep them in line.

Had Christ hung around lot longer, like Moses, I wonder if he would have ended up becoming as exasperated as Moses! Hypertension? Ulcers?? :D
Greatest-I-am Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
They had to kill him off quickly before everyone noticed that all Jesus had to offer was the same rhetorical crap that had been around from older religion forever.

Regards
DL
Debit Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
In case of Jesus Christ: He could not have arrived at the worst time. The Roman Empire was at its zenith and local Jewish rulers were, for all practical purposes, vassals to Rome. So ... having his career cut down brutally short might not have been such a bad thing for him.
Sure. If he had a death wish.

I would not call that time Rome's zenith.

They grew quite a bit after that.

Regards
DL
Debit Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
The reason why I think the Roman Empire was at its zenith at the time of Christ is that the Romans enjoyed political stability under Augustus. However, while the Romans made further territorial gains within two centuries after Christ/Augustus era, they became overextended and could not avoid costly succession struggles.
Greatest-I-am Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012
Noted. You are still wrong on your timing due to your perspective. No point in arguing that though. It would take us off topic.

Regards
DL
:iconmaddmatt:
maddmatt Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
You sure are making up a lot of details for having absolutely no evidence.
True. There is no evidence of Jesus or your fantasy God.

Regards
DL
So how could you pretend to know the true motives?

Did you mean to call yourself a liar?
:iconvulpimo:
Vulpimo Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
you've got loads of Vatican Bible interpretations and commentaries.
Greatest-I-am Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
Did you have a point in speaking about that pedophile protection agency?

Regards
DL
:iconvulpimo:
Vulpimo Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
saying that you are dumb would be like saying that the ocean is slightly wet.
maddmatt Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
Steppenwolf is the devil?

I knew Magic Carpet Ride was about more than Aladdin.
Jesus is with me. Not sure what you are on about here.

God has never left me nor forsaken me, despite my attacks against him.
Rather hard for him to return if he is already here.

Regards
DL
No it isn't.
Only fools give a denial without an argument to back it up.

Then again. That is the style you always seem to use child.

Regards
DL
Only fools give a denial without an argument to back it up.
Well then you just called yourself a fool, as you never provide any argument.

How could Jesus already exist as God and have been born? Come on, kid, you can do this. I teach 4 year-olds that understand. How about you, junior?
I asked you a question. Try not to be a coward and answer directly.

How could Jesus already exist as God and have been born? Come on, kid, you can do this. I teach 4 year-olds that understand. How about you, junior?
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
'No shepherd I ever heard of would be so irresponsible to his duty to his flock'

No shepherd I've ever heard of was nailed to a tree by the sheep.
Greatest-I-am Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012
True. Or line up to jump on the back of their scapegoat to make sure they profit from his murder.

Regards
DL
Should we start defining the people that have died for your freedom that make you profit from their murders?

Why are you afraid of this, kid?
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Another confusion from the Bible - it's really too much.
Yes. The bible is quite confusing for those who refuse to think of what it really says.

Regards
DL
:iconggordons:
GGordonS Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Hope you are doing well DL.

With God who knows what is really going on? God is beyond all space, time and logic, all of what anybody on earth could ever think.
I think of Satan as a whole lot more malevolent than the current state of humanity, if Satan is in charge then why aren't things worse?
Who's at the mercy of the devil?
Jesus left nobody.
Thats just my own opinions though, having no merit.
You are correct in that things are going along quite well here even though we can and are improving.

Seems we are doing better with Satan having dominion over us than God.

God just seems to kill us when around.

Regards
DL
word should be "world"
Yes, the word does seem to get more of what it desires when they serve Satan as their master.....for a brief moment.

Kind of the point of the Bible.
:iconstoneman123:
stoneman123 Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hmm, if I had to venture a guess, I'd say it's because he's been dead for 2000 years, if he ever existed at all. Not to mention that religious people aren't likely to be critical of their own religion, so you can expect an abundance of logical inconsistencies.
True, I am used to having idiocies thrown at me.

Regards
DL
:iconkillianseraphim:
KillianSeraphim Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Student General Artist
Your naturalist perspective is preventing me from providing information. Thus far, I've tried to answer your posts with your worldview in mind, but the answer to this question, from your perspective, shouldn't exist. Thus the only thing I can say is read the text, and consider the possibility that there is more to this universe than what your five senses can perceive.
Faith without facts is for fools.

Your indoctrination and brainwashing has insured that you cannot think from my perspective while you religion has compromised your morals.

Be born again friend or stay brainwashed. Your choice.

Regards
DL
KillianSeraphim Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Student General Artist
"Faith without facts is for fools."

An amusing sentiment coming from someone who basis his entire moral structure on fifteen seconds of his life he either can not prove or has chosen not to prove. But you have some truth. Faith without works is dead, after all. Faith with works, however, produces experience. Experience brings knowledge, and knowledge brings confidence. It is from this confidence that I have replied to you since you showed up.

"Your indoctrination and brainwashing has insured that you cannot think from my perspective while you religion has compromised your morals."

So I've brainwashed myself, have I? If you've ever taken the time to visit a church, you will find that it asks, nay requires, its members to study and question their faith regularly. Even our own holy book states that we should test all things, being shrewd as serpents. And out of the two of us throughout your posts, which of us spoke from experience, and which of us depended on Youtube videos to validate his claims. I'd like to believe you are capable of defending your faith without needing to be "backed up" by anything but your own findings. You claim to be intelligent, and I believe you are, but your actions are speaking volumes more than your walls of text.

On that same note, which of us has resorted to insults to solidify his point. Not that I really care or worry about having my pride hurt, but to resort to such retorts makes one seem immature, childish even, and not befitting of someone of the status you claim to be. And as these aforementioned points are key signs of indoctrination, I have to wonder which of us is truly brainwashed. You've seen before that I am fully capable of understanding your perspective, and even agreed with you on that basis in the past. Despite the multiple lapses in your information, you make decent points from time to time, and I only disagree because of the information I am privy to that you are not.

"Be born again friend or stay brainwashed. Your choice."

It is because I am born again that I am privy to this information, and it is because of the Holy Spirit, the answer to your question, that your "satanic super wolf" is all bark and no bite.
So you say but offer no argument against.

You are reborn alright. Now you think like a child.

See you and your compromised morals later.

[link]

Regards
DL
He just offered a great argument against your rhetoric.

Is that your plan? Never defend anything and just accuse people who don't affirm you as having compromised morals?

You sound like an experienced cult leader.
KillianSeraphim Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Student General Artist
What exactly have I not addressed, that you cannot investigate on your own? The Bible answers this question plainly. Why should I waste time explaining something to someone who refuses to listen?
:iconsaeter:
Saeter Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
Are gnostics naturalists?
KillianSeraphim Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Student General Artist
He claims to be.
:iconrockstar1009:
rockstar1009 Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
G-d hates furries, and seeing who leaves the flock in favour of the wolf is the ideal test to weed them out. :B
It is not an issue of the sheep leaving the flock. It is about the shepherd leaving them at the wolf's mercy.

Regards
DL
:iconlbthecc:
LBtheCC Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Why am I imagining a red wolf with horns and a cape now?
Christian conditioning perhaps.

Nothing like Christians scaring the hell out of their children.

Regards
DL
:iconlbthecc:
LBtheCC Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I was thinking it was rather funny actually. Flying around downtown being like "I'm... SUPERWOLF" with like a trumpet sound and whizz-bang colorful comic wind.
Is justice delayed justice denied?

Is it good to lie to children?

Regards
DL
Add a Comment: