Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 74

Why does Jesus the shepherd leave his flock at the mercy of a Super Wolf?

:icongreatest-i-am:
Greatest-I-am Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
Why does Jesus the shepherd leave his flock at the mercy of a Super Wolf?

Scriptures say that God gave Satan/Super Wolf dominion over the earth and the power to deceive all of us on this world.

Jesus often used the shepherd and sheep analogy in scriptures.

Following that analogy and the fact that Jesus has been gone for some time now, one must wonder why, if our souls are so important to Jesus, he has left us and past generations at Satan’s mercy.

No shepherd I ever heard of would be so irresponsible to his duty to his flock.
Especially since scriptures tell us that more sheep will be taken by Satan than protected by the shepherd.

Another breach of duty, FMPOV, is that Satan has been sentenced to hell by God, yet justice delayed is considered justice denied by most and God is denying mankind that justice.

I appreciate the free will argument that some might put but our free will was rescinded by God the moment he gave Satan the power to deceive us against our will. That situation is depicted somewhat in this clip which speaks to God letting Satan have his way with us.

[link]

This clip is just to show what some think of the shepherd analogy.

[link]

Can you shed some light on these two issues for me?

Regards
DL

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontdroid:
tdroid Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012
Assuming God and Jesus are the good guys, I'd say they are incompetent and have no idea what they are doing, and thus is tricked by an inferior opponent. Or they just don't care at all.

However, looking at the situation as a whole, I find it much more likely that if the Judeo-Christian God exists he is the bad one. Why? Because if God is malevolent the world makes a lot more sense right away. You don't have to sit through hours and hours of apologetics for it to kinda, but not really make sense for one. And it would make sense with regards to the Shepard analogy: you protect them until they are ready for slaughter.

Also, the "Love and Fear the Lord" thing is really suspicious. First; why would a loving God want us to fear him in the first place? And why would a loving God try to force people who fear him to love him as themselves?
Doesn't seem like anything the God a lot of modern christians try to promote.
Greatest-I-am Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012
I have no argument against clear and logical thinking my friend. Do not change.

Regards
DL
:icontdroid:
tdroid Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012
Of course you don't, we have been over this before =P
:iconnecroraevyn:
NecroRaevyn Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Student Writer
The christ dude has just decided to start running a lamb chop resteraunt. That is most likely, with the big bad wolf as the best costomer.
Greatest-I-am Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012
+ 1

Regards
DL
:icondebit:
Debit Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Perhaps there IS a such thing as 'enough of enough ... I'm outta here!' -- emotions of exasperation?

Going further back, once upon a time there was Moses, who also was in charge of leading a flock. It was not exactly an inspiring job, considering how many times his flock had rebelled and had to be punished (though it could have been a lot worse had Moses not begged Him to lessen standard divine punitive procedure more than once!) to keep them in line.

Had Christ hung around lot longer, like Moses, I wonder if he would have ended up becoming as exasperated as Moses! Hypertension? Ulcers?? :D
Greatest-I-am Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
They had to kill him off quickly before everyone noticed that all Jesus had to offer was the same rhetorical crap that had been around from older religion forever.

Regards
DL
Debit Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
In case of Jesus Christ: He could not have arrived at the worst time. The Roman Empire was at its zenith and local Jewish rulers were, for all practical purposes, vassals to Rome. So ... having his career cut down brutally short might not have been such a bad thing for him.
Greatest-I-am Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
Sure. If he had a death wish.

I would not call that time Rome's zenith.

They grew quite a bit after that.

Regards
DL
Debit Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
The reason why I think the Roman Empire was at its zenith at the time of Christ is that the Romans enjoyed political stability under Augustus. However, while the Romans made further territorial gains within two centuries after Christ/Augustus era, they became overextended and could not avoid costly succession struggles.
Add a Comment: