Closed to new replies
December 8, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 12

Why do you wage war? Seriously now.

:icondepthsofdestruction:
DepthsOfDestruction Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Wars over Religion are one of the dumbest things I've ever encountered.
Christianity vs. Science, for example (I know science isn't a religion, but this is pretty common).

Generally, the arguments keep getting dumber. You can't defy logic, but the existence of god is neither proven nor disproven.
He may exist or not, there's no proof for either thing.

So, tell me .... Why? Why are you arguing so furiously about something that could be fundamentally wrong?
I'm just curious.

btw, please excuse my awkward choice of words, english isn't my native language, and it's kinda hard to pick the right words .____.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconarcolm:
Arcolm Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012
Pute simply its been for the survival or protection of a population of human beings. Were seeing alot of that behavor even now.

But in a broder aspect, its mutch more complex.
:iconlbthecc:
LBtheCC Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
For the Glory and Honor of our people!

Wait, what? That wasn't what this thread was about? WELL. Nevermind then.
:iconhametsunocharge:
HametsuNoCharge Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
lol because people need to feel part of a set group, and one of the things a group will do (to feel worthwhile) is compare themselves to another group, usually as the better party. The other group will retaliate, and the conflict is fed by much anger on either side until no one remembers what the poitn was anymore...but they do know they're better than THOSE OTHER PEOPLE. :D
:icondevine-consciousness:
devine-consciousness Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
i think spiritual people get it and scientific people get it but they dont want to admit that they need to mix the two because then they would really get it ... scientists sometimes always try to find a equation to explain something but what they are missing and what they are puzzled about .. religion and spirituallity would answer the question ... certain religions like buddhism though definitely have more things figured out then science because sometimes science can focus on the things that are so important but for example the buddhist knew about different nerves and things in the body or the chinese with acupuncture and now science is finding out that what they are finding out is already been said in buddhism haha
:icontotally-dead:
Totally-dead Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
... How about looking at the social applications of such beliefs. Good enough answer?

Think before you post.
:iconwesmeadow:
Wesmeadow Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Student Digital Artist
It comes off like it is the 1950s with the atheists and skeptics as the police, telling the rape victim (knowing types like myself and believers that sense it) that it never happened or that it did not go down the way it actually did.

"You just fell and ripped your skirt, go walk it off!"
:iconvulpimo:
Vulpimo Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
Actually, it's not about Christianity vs science since they don't obsolete in any point, it's just people who want to look smart say religion is bullshit because they think it automatically makes them 'scientific' and 'intelligent'.
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Ambiguity is the Devil.
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012   Digital Artist
Because not arguing about something doesn't make you a better person either. It just means that you're so full of your own opinion that you think that somehow you're beyond arguing over it.

Fact: no one is above arguing about petty shit, and anyone who claims to be above arguing, is probably more of a dick than the people arguing.
:iconms-junesummers:
Ms-JuneSummers Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Student Writer
I think the whole religion vs science debate didn't really took off until the Enlightenment, but some groups of people didn't move with the times and got stuck in a medieval mindset that prevents them from moving forward.

Then again, have you seen What the bleep do we know? It sort of brings God back into the picture by using quantum physics theory.
Add a Comment: