What religion do you think is the most popular and growing of this era?

Just curious as to what people outside of my area think. My whole town is some form of Christianity, while I'm not. So what do you think?
Comments110
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
More of new-age / eastern spirituality. Cuz its all about meditation and attaining nirvana. No big meanie God to thump the Bible into his head. And no angry hopeless world view that this world is all there is and you are just like any other animal.

(um... look at the Bible deeply enough you find out that new age / eastern spirituality seems to miss out on something... *sigh* all these angry preachers make God look like a dictator...)
Hopefully the fastest growing 'religious' demographic is atheism or non-religion.
I think it's Islam.
Atheism and Islam, I think..
In the U.S., Christianity is the dominant and atheism and non-spiritualism are the most on the rise.
Islam is the fastest growing religion but Atheism is growing faster than Islam.
Atheism isn't a religion, it's a lack of one.
Well, a lack of gods anyway. Atheists can be religious and there are religions which are atheistic. But atheism isn't itself a religion. Nor is theism.
Islam is the fastest growing religion across the globe.

I wouldn't count atheism as a religion, though atheists are really increasing in numbers. So if atheism was a religion I'd say it was the fastest growing.
Globally probably Islam and Christianity. Unsurprisingly because they send missionaries. How many other religions makes it a requirement you have to try and convert other people?
Don't you see anti-Christianity propaganda all over the internet?
Haven't you've seen propaganda everywhere all over the internet? People have opinions. Only a few people send missionaries to third world countries because their religion requires them to do so. Hence there are a shit ton of Christians over the face of the Earth.
INTERNETZ: ATHEIST EARTH
If I recall the statistics on this, Islam and evangelical/charismatic Christianity top the list as far as rate of growth in past decade. Actually, if I recall, Mormonism is somewhere up there too. There are also an increasing number of Americans identifying as no religion in particular. I'm too lazy right now to Google it, but you should be able to find this stuff on the Pew Forum website. Specific to the US, obviously, but I know there are international surveys as well.
Christianity and Catholicism still seem to be the most popular religions in my agrea, although I'm Pagan.
What sect of paganism or the actual pagan religion?
There are no sects in paganism and there isn't a universal pagan religion. Like ~dragondemon53 said: "paganism" is a blanket term that refers to non–Abrahamic religions in general and you have a diverse range polytheistic, pantheistic, animistic, and shamanistic belief systems that have all been referred to as being "pagan" at one time or another.
Paganism is a blanket term for non-Abrahamic religions (excluding the eastern religions like Buddhism and Hinduism). Paganism not a religion itself.
It has many meanings. At one time there was indeed a religion called paganism.
No, there was NEVER a religion called "paganism."
Well in what research I did, there is a small amount of information suggesting that there was.
You've been researching in the wrong places.
View all replies