Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 7, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 109

What religion do you think is the most popular and growing of this era?

:iconm-kelley:
M-Kelley Dec 7, 2012  Student Writer
Just curious as to what people outside of my area think. My whole town is some form of Christianity, while I'm not. So what do you think?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkyupol:
More of new-age / eastern spirituality. Cuz its all about meditation and attaining nirvana. No big meanie God to thump the Bible into his head. And no angry hopeless world view that this world is all there is and you are just like any other animal.

(um... look at the Bible deeply enough you find out that new age / eastern spirituality seems to miss out on something... *sigh* all these angry preachers make God look like a dictator...)
:iconcrimsonmagpie:
CrimsonMagpie Dec 14, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Hopefully the fastest growing 'religious' demographic is atheism or non-religion.
:icontidal-wave-art:
Tidal-Wave-Art Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I think it's Islam.
:iconmaltese101:
maltese101 Dec 12, 2012  Student General Artist
Atheism and Islam, I think..
:iconericthomasstudios:
EricThomasStudios Dec 11, 2012  Student General Artist
In the U.S., Christianity is the dominant and atheism and non-spiritualism are the most on the rise.
:iconragerancher:
Islam is the fastest growing religion but Atheism is growing faster than Islam.
:iconvanhir:
Vanhir Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Atheism isn't a religion, it's a lack of one.
:iconi-stamp:
Well, a lack of gods anyway. Atheists can be religious and there are religions which are atheistic. But atheism isn't itself a religion. Nor is theism.
:iconbirdynum-num:
Birdynum-num Dec 10, 2012  Student General Artist
Islam is the fastest growing religion across the globe.

I wouldn't count atheism as a religion, though atheists are really increasing in numbers. So if atheism was a religion I'd say it was the fastest growing.
Add a Comment: