Did God created men or did men created God?

Based on religion/believes, God created humanity; however, some people claim that because of the necessity of believing on something/somewhere superior than us, humanity began to believe in religion and/or Gods.... what do you think? Who created who? Did God created men or did men created God?
Comments155
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
What I learned in my humanities studies is that most if not all religions that are not Christianity, have dieties that are a combination of things that already exist. With that in mind, ancient man couldn't have thought up something as abstract as a formless super being of unlimited power. Besides, most of the religions of the world say that you have to do spmething good in order to get into heaven. Christianity on the other hand says that no amount of good works redeems you because only God has the authority to take away sins.
god is real and did make man and man just gave it a face and name
All gods are product of FUD (Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt) on the part of humans.
Man created god...just for answers that we know by common sense. Early man didn't know why it rained, so they say its god's fault.
Personally, I see the notion of God as something of a fear response. Humanity is perpetually fearful of what it doesn't understand. We have to have a reason for why things happen. We can't just accept that things happen, and the reason behind why they happen is sometimes irrelevant. To its credit, science has the courage to explore and try to find out what the actual reasons for things are. God, on the other hand, is the unlucky sucker who's got to be in charge of it all. It's always God's plan, or God made it happen, or God's so petty that he decided hundreds of thousands of people had to die because of xyz. It's ridiculous. If I were God, I'd quit, simply because people kept blaming me for things or they were constantly asking me for things.
". . .God spake all these words, saying, "I am the LORD thy God", which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me. And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. . .Exodus 20:1-8." So, yes God created mankind and God command us, that we are not to create or worship other gods...
God creates dinosaurs, god destroys dinosaurs. God creates man, man destroys god, man creates dinosaurs... Dinosaurs eat man... Woman inherits the Earth.
Woman inherits the Earth.

And the end of the world comes almost simultaneously with that moment.
Now I'm in a mood for Jurassic Park again
God created man. If you ask me, man turned away from God.
I am extremely firm in my faith, however, what you believe is up to you.
Man created deities to come up with an explanation for something that their little human minds could not comprehend.
God only exists if we have faith in him. If no one believes in him anymore, then he would no longer exist. Because that's how faith works, right?
Like Santa:
As children, we all believed in Santa. Then, we grew up and realised he's not real and we lose our faith in him.
I never believed in Santa.
Faith, comes by hearing and hearing the word of God.
And when we can't hear him, he doesn't exist. Pretty much what MysticHuntress said.
Yes. And when you cann't hear him, the Bible teaches very, that you are "spirituall dead." You have an eye, but cann't see. You have an ear, but cann't hear. We can read this truth in the book of Matthew 13:9-17.......... ". . .Who hath ears to hear, let him hear. And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance. But whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of (E-sai'-as), which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive. For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them...Matthew 13:9-17."
Ok, well I have nothing else to say. Thanks for the replies; even though it's the same over and over again from different people. Nos Vemos!
:dummy: I created man and woman using three of my ribs.
Maybe God manifested himself in each of us from the beginning, which is the 'Word', and the 'Word' is God.
God created mankind in his images with spirit or soul. But, animals was not created in His images. Because, all animals doesn't posses any soul. So, when they die, they don't have to answer for their sins and they do not come back to life. They simply die. But, mankind do have to answer for their sins in the day of judgment, if they are found guilty. Then, that would be the second death, both body and soul shall die, (Romans 6:23). Thus, they return back to dust, where they were created. But, if you're the child of God, you will go directly to the Kingdom of God, in Heaven and will see God face to face.
The Bible tells us that God created everything, including humanity, because it pleased Him to create for His glory (Romans 11:36; Revelation 4:11). "For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Romans 11:36." "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11." This means, that it gave God pleasure and it brought Him glory to create man and woman. By doing so, He demonstrated His creative genius in making not only the universe, but its highest personal being, man (Genesis 1:26-28). Later, God reinforced this powerful truth through the prophet Isaiah, who said for Him, "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26-28." "Bring my sons from afar, and my daughters from the ends of the earth—everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made" (Isaiah 43:6-7). A New Testament statement affirms the same thing: "All things were created by him and for him? (Colossians 1:16).
This necessity that you speak of, of humans wanting to believe in some superior creator, is actually how God has designed us humans.

God created man, and he gave man an objective, to find God.

This world is a test.

God has physically concealed himself, we are unable to see God from our basic 5 physical senses, our sights, our scent, our touch, our tastes, and our hearing.

God wants us humans to FIND God spiritually, through spiritual 'experiments', not scientific experiments.

These spiritual experiments, I'd like to call them acts of worship.

Not only worship, God has sent down hundreds of thousands of divine signs and miracles, and since all of us humans are different in thinking, at least one of these signs will get to us, we just have to find them.

God has said many times, that if he had so willed, he can make EVERYBODY believe in him, but then what would be the point in this test that he gave us humans in this world?

We have to find him ourselves, and we will certainly be getting help.

This physical universe had a beginning and a design. It was created in a most perfect and complex way, it is impossible that a creator did not design it. People may ask then why God doesn't have a beginning?

Well that beginning term only applies to physical things. God is not physical, he is an eternal spiritual being, he always existed, and this is something that is OUTSIDE of our minds to grasp. We humans are not intelligent enough to grasp something like this, but we KNOW the small increments of details.

God certainly is not a physical being, that is why we cannot see him through our physical senses. The only way to see him is to use our spiritual senses, our faith, our patience, and our prayers.

These are the roots of all basic religions. Any religion that does not follow these concepts should not be classified as a religion, but instead, a system of beliefs. Because ALL religions have a way of establishing a connection between mankind and the creator.

God created man.
I agree. But, you know the "Word of God of the Bible", has nothing to do with religion. Remember, the word of God of the Bible is the "Law Book of God" and it was written for mankind to follow and obey them. But, mankind will not follow them. Because, their heart is desparately very wicked and who can know it? (GOD). The "Holy Bible", also stated very clear, that all men are "spiritually dead", and can never served GOD. Until, God gives them a new mind, heart and a new spirit or soul. Only then, they can start to believe in God and worship him.
What happens if none of those signs get to us? Not just somebody "denying God" or whatever, but they never encounter anything that convinces them of a higher power, and is it considered their fault?