Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 6, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 154

Did God created men or did men created God?

:iconcandydechocolate:
CandyDeChocolate Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Based on religion/believes, God created humanity; however, some people claim that because of the necessity of believing on something/somewhere superior than us, humanity began to believe in religion and/or Gods.... what do you think? Who created who? Did God created men or did men created God?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsora200:
Sora200 Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
What I learned in my humanities studies is that most if not all religions that are not Christianity, have dieties that are a combination of things that already exist. With that in mind, ancient man couldn't have thought up something as abstract as a formless super being of unlimited power. Besides, most of the religions of the world say that you have to do spmething good in order to get into heaven. Christianity on the other hand says that no amount of good works redeems you because only God has the authority to take away sins.
:iconsandmanfallingout:
sandmanfallingout Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
god is real and did make man and man just gave it a face and name
:iconxternal7:
xTernal7 Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
All gods are product of FUD (Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt) on the part of humans.
:iconghostlymark:
GhostlyMark Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Man created god...just for answers that we know by common sense. Early man didn't know why it rained, so they say its god's fault.
:iconmci021:
mci021 Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Personally, I see the notion of God as something of a fear response. Humanity is perpetually fearful of what it doesn't understand. We have to have a reason for why things happen. We can't just accept that things happen, and the reason behind why they happen is sometimes irrelevant. To its credit, science has the courage to explore and try to find out what the actual reasons for things are. God, on the other hand, is the unlucky sucker who's got to be in charge of it all. It's always God's plan, or God made it happen, or God's so petty that he decided hundreds of thousands of people had to die because of xyz. It's ridiculous. If I were God, I'd quit, simply because people kept blaming me for things or they were constantly asking me for things.
:icontimehasanend:
TimeHasAnEnd Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist
". . .God spake all these words, saying, "I am the LORD thy God", which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me. And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. . .Exodus 20:1-8." So, yes God created mankind and God command us, that we are not to create or worship other gods...
:iconanimationmutation:
AnimationMutation Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
God creates dinosaurs, god destroys dinosaurs. God creates man, man destroys god, man creates dinosaurs... Dinosaurs eat man... Woman inherits the Earth.
:iconxternal7:
xTernal7 Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Woman inherits the Earth.

And the end of the world comes almost simultaneously with that moment.
:iconanark10n:
anark10n Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Now I'm in a mood for Jurassic Park again
:iconrunespainter:
RunesPainter Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
God created man. If you ask me, man turned away from God.
I am extremely firm in my faith, however, what you believe is up to you.
:iconxxarishaxpxx:
xxarishaxpxx Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Man created deities to come up with an explanation for something that their little human minds could not comprehend.
:iconmystichuntress:
mystichuntress Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
God only exists if we have faith in him. If no one believes in him anymore, then he would no longer exist. Because that's how faith works, right?
Like Santa:
As children, we all believed in Santa. Then, we grew up and realised he's not real and we lose our faith in him.
:iconnecroraevyn:
NecroRaevyn Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Student Writer
I never believed in Santa.
Faith, comes by hearing and hearing the word of God.
:iconskullwarrior13:
skullwarrior13 Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
And when we can't hear him, he doesn't exist. Pretty much what MysticHuntress said.
TimeHasAnEnd Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist
Yes. And when you cann't hear him, the Bible teaches very, that you are "spirituall dead." You have an eye, but cann't see. You have an ear, but cann't hear. We can read this truth in the book of Matthew 13:9-17.......... ". . .Who hath ears to hear, let him hear. And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance. But whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of (E-sai'-as), which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive. For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them...Matthew 13:9-17."
:iconskullwarrior13:
skullwarrior13 Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Ok, well I have nothing else to say. Thanks for the replies; even though it's the same over and over again from different people. Nos Vemos!
:iconjericawinters:
JericaWinters Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
:dummy: I created man and woman using three of my ribs.
:icondestroyedeggo:
destroyedeggo Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Maybe God manifested himself in each of us from the beginning, which is the 'Word', and the 'Word' is God.
TimeHasAnEnd Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist
God created mankind in his images with spirit or soul. But, animals was not created in His images. Because, all animals doesn't posses any soul. So, when they die, they don't have to answer for their sins and they do not come back to life. They simply die. But, mankind do have to answer for their sins in the day of judgment, if they are found guilty. Then, that would be the second death, both body and soul shall die, (Romans 6:23). Thus, they return back to dust, where they were created. But, if you're the child of God, you will go directly to the Kingdom of God, in Heaven and will see God face to face.
TimeHasAnEnd Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist
The Bible tells us that God created everything, including humanity, because it pleased Him to create for His glory (Romans 11:36; Revelation 4:11). "For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Romans 11:36." "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11." This means, that it gave God pleasure and it brought Him glory to create man and woman. By doing so, He demonstrated His creative genius in making not only the universe, but its highest personal being, man (Genesis 1:26-28). Later, God reinforced this powerful truth through the prophet Isaiah, who said for Him, "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26-28." "Bring my sons from afar, and my daughters from the ends of the earth—everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made" (Isaiah 43:6-7). A New Testament statement affirms the same thing: "All things were created by him and for him? (Colossians 1:16).
:iconafter--life:
After--Life Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
This necessity that you speak of, of humans wanting to believe in some superior creator, is actually how God has designed us humans.

God created man, and he gave man an objective, to find God.

This world is a test.

God has physically concealed himself, we are unable to see God from our basic 5 physical senses, our sights, our scent, our touch, our tastes, and our hearing.

God wants us humans to FIND God spiritually, through spiritual 'experiments', not scientific experiments.

These spiritual experiments, I'd like to call them acts of worship.

Not only worship, God has sent down hundreds of thousands of divine signs and miracles, and since all of us humans are different in thinking, at least one of these signs will get to us, we just have to find them.

God has said many times, that if he had so willed, he can make EVERYBODY believe in him, but then what would be the point in this test that he gave us humans in this world?

We have to find him ourselves, and we will certainly be getting help.

This physical universe had a beginning and a design. It was created in a most perfect and complex way, it is impossible that a creator did not design it. People may ask then why God doesn't have a beginning?

Well that beginning term only applies to physical things. God is not physical, he is an eternal spiritual being, he always existed, and this is something that is OUTSIDE of our minds to grasp. We humans are not intelligent enough to grasp something like this, but we KNOW the small increments of details.

God certainly is not a physical being, that is why we cannot see him through our physical senses. The only way to see him is to use our spiritual senses, our faith, our patience, and our prayers.

These are the roots of all basic religions. Any religion that does not follow these concepts should not be classified as a religion, but instead, a system of beliefs. Because ALL religions have a way of establishing a connection between mankind and the creator.

God created man.
TimeHasAnEnd Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist
I agree. But, you know the "Word of God of the Bible", has nothing to do with religion. Remember, the word of God of the Bible is the "Law Book of God" and it was written for mankind to follow and obey them. But, mankind will not follow them. Because, their heart is desparately very wicked and who can know it? (GOD). The "Holy Bible", also stated very clear, that all men are "spiritually dead", and can never served GOD. Until, God gives them a new mind, heart and a new spirit or soul. Only then, they can start to believe in God and worship him.
:iconaviscelox:
AvisCelox Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
What happens if none of those signs get to us? Not just somebody "denying God" or whatever, but they never encounter anything that convinces them of a higher power, and is it considered their fault?
:iconafter--life:
After--Life Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Good question...simple answer. =)

Remember, it is NOT a sign that will convince someone that God exists...it is the COURAGE of a person and the WILLINGNESS to LEARN that will tell God that,

"Yes, this person is interested in my existence. This human is researching my signs and really wants to know if I exist. Now I will reveal myself to him/her."

For example, an Atheist wants evidence and proof that God exists, but there are no 'scientific' evidences on GOD himself, but there ARE scientific proofs on his creations as well as his divine signs and miracles.

For example.

Can we humans see light? Does it exist?

No, we cannot see light, nor the particles, but we CAN see the objects that are ILLUMINATED because of this light.

Take your light switch, flick it on and off. When you turn it off, all the objects are darkened, when you turn it on, all the objects become illuminated, this tells you that light EXISTS...but you CANNOT see the light itself.

You eye is UNABLE to detect the light particles that illumine objects, so that you can see them.

This is similar to the existence of God.

We humans are unable to perceive God, but the CREATIONS of the divine are RIGHT in front of our eyes. Trees, waters, skies, oceans, mountains, animals, plants, winds, planets, stars, moons, EVERYTHING.

These are OBJECTS that REFLECT the existence and the POWERS of the CREATOR.

And all of these creations have been created perfectly, and are flowing in a perfect harmonious system.

Now it will be IMPOSSIBLE to go through every single sign.

But once God sees that a human is going over sign after sign after sign to see God exists, God has the power himself to make that human accept his existence.

God himself says that he has the power to make EVERY human believe in him with the snap of his fingers, but then that will destroy the purpose of our free will.

God WANTS us humans to go and study his signs OURSELVES.

If God sees a human, preferably an Atheist, or a misguided person with weak faith, and they are frantically searching for God, reading books and educating themselves, trying to worship him, exploring his signs and understanding his miracles, then in God's eyes, THIS person has PROVED themselves to be worthy enough to see God's true light, and then these people will accept God.

Ask all the Atheists that have converted to some religion, you will get the SAME story.

They searched and searched, and in the end of the dark tunnel, they found the light.

This is what God says.

"When my servants (humans) ask about me, tell them I am near and tell them to have no doubts about me, because I WILL listen to them. Tell them if they take one step towards me, I will take two steps towards them. Tell them if they take a stride towards me, I will take two strides towards them. Tell them of they walk towards me, I will run towards them."

So basically, God ONLY guides a person that is WILLING to believe in his existence, and his LEARNING and is showing TRUE devotion.

A person who simply says, "God doesn't exist" and denies all the evidence that is brought forth, God will NEVER guide this person.

So there is no such thing as if none of these signs get to you. Because in the process if you examining these signs, God is RUNNING towards you, and it is IMPOSSIBLE to turn back when you have been rightly guided.

You are in a dark cave, and you have been trapped ALL your life, and you've become accustomed to living in this cave. You have become SO accustomed, that you gave up trying to escape.

The people in the caves are the Atheists, metaphorically speaking.

And there will be two types.

The first type. The ones that will give up trying to find the light which is the exit of the cave.

And the other type, the ones that will NEVER give up looking for that light, and they will CONTINUE looking for that light nonstop.

This is what God does to BOTH type, remember, God HELPS you when you help YOURSELF first, but God will NEVER make someone a believer if they never intended to become one, unless there are some special circumstances that I myself don't know about.

For the first type of people, God will be nudging their shoulders, and trying to point them to the direction where the light of the exit of the dark cave is. These people will most likely shun this small guidance away, this is basically a test.

If the people ignore it, God will continue to nudge you (try to guide you to the truth, give you potential religious people to listen to), up to a point where he will give up on you.

When God gives up on a human being, this is the worst thing that someone could receive in this world.

Because God is CONSTANTLY helping people, religious or non religious, because we are ALL children of God. How can God not help his beloved children?

But when the children ignore God himself for an extended period, God stops helping them. So that car accident that happened last night, could have been avoided if God was there.

On the other hand, if the humans actually listen to God when he is nudging them, then the process of guidance and knowledge will start.

So these are the FIRST type of people in the cave.

The second type are those that are LOOKING for the light.

These people, God LOVES, because they do not give up looking for them. When these people finally see some sort of light, they will be RUNNING towards it, because they want to EXIT this dark cave.

When they run, GOD HIMSELF will start crumbling the cave itself and make the exit to the cave come closer to YOU will you run towards it.

The faster you run towards the light, the exit, the FASTER the light will come towards you.

But you have to show your WILLINGNESS and your DEVOTION.

---

Now a lot of misconceptions arises. Do Atheists go to hell or paradise?

It depends.

The Atheists that never heard of God, or haven't believed in God because the light hasn't crossed their sight, God forgives them automatically, and they enter the paradise, as long as they were righteous humans in this Earth.

If the Atheist SHUNNED away all the guidance that God was handing to him/her, and ignored it all, acted in arrogance and ignorance, created disorder in the society, then yes, it is then the fault of the Atheist, and God will judge based on their actions.

God's mercy however, is extremely vast.

God said himself, his mercy is FAR greater than his wrath.

If God was a cruel God, then he would punish a human for every little mistake...but look. Every mistake we do, we are forgiven.

BUT sometimes, God DOES punish us, in forms of hurricanes, floods, natural disasters like earthquakes, storms and tornadoes etc.

Then individual punishments. Random healthy people get heart attacks or cancer all of a sudden.

God has ALL the power.

A poor sick man in the hospital is DYING, but a doctor has absolutely NO power on the outcome...it is God's Will. God has the ability to give a dying person as LONG as a life as possible according to God's wishes, no matter HOW sick this person is.

On the other hand, a rich healthy famous guy, that can seem to live on forever and carry a legacy, God has the power to END the life of this man if he desires...but God is NEVER unjust.

Well, this is my long explanation for you lol. Hope you made it this far.

Thanks for reading.
Like, what God says, many were called, but few were chosen. (John 6:44)
:iconaviscelox:
AvisCelox Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
So do the ones who had the misfortune of not being chosen go to Hell? If so, why? Is that just?
". . . No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. "I am that bread of life.". . . John 6:44-48."
:iconsaeter:
Saeter Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
Do you have ANY original thoughts I know that its a a sin to have any semblance of individuality or free will but can't you attach least form your own opinions on anything?!
God says, let God be true and all men are liars.
The bible says that? The bible was written by men then the bible must not be true.
No. Every words in the Bible, came from the mouth of God, not men. If the Bible was written by men, then none prophesy would ever come true.
None of them have; they are just events written to fit into prophecy.
(1 Reply)
And, "Didj" is good stalker, until now he has not changed. Believe you me he will stalk anyone, who doesn't agree with him. Watch out!
:icondidj:
Didj Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
You're wasting your time. This guy is the cautionary tale against religious indoctrination. Completely incapable of forming independent thought. You'd have better luck getting a thought provoking debate out of a pile of dirt. Trust me, he's been on this site for about a year now and never changes his tune.
Its really scary and sad that that happens.
(1 Reply)
:iconrandomxeno:
RandomXeno Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Men created God to confort himself and explain things he didn't understand... or to justify his actions (read the Old testament, it's fun to see how much genocides, rapes, mutilations and murders God ask the people to commit in his name...
Yes, to die with God is to live!
RandomXeno Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
No silly, to die for imaginary sky daddy is to live internet fame for awhile, then be forgotten because someone else took your place by being crazier =P
Those are the rebellious people who committ such things and not God!
Silly person, they committed the acts and justified with the imaginary sky dady; after all, there always something people will use to justify their actions, even if they can't be justified
If your one of God's elect-you would not committ sucide? Of course not!
Oh, that could explain why some people decided to take over some planes and fly in the world trade center; God told them to do it, not Osama =P
:iconearthtalon:
Earthtalon Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Student Digital Artist
When you have exhausted all other forms of bashing, turn to the old testament! As time changes, law changes.
No, mankind changed. But, God says, He is the same yesterday and today.
RandomXeno Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I wasn't talking about the laws =P
But about the fact that sky daddy liked to order people to murder each other in his name =P
If he exist, then he must be schizophreniac, changing his personality from vengeful and sacrifices loving to peaceful but always ready to unleash the apocalypse.
Learn to read next time and maybe you will make a lot of progress... don't worry, he not against reading =P
Didn't you know? We are not figthing for flesh and blood, but against principalities against the power of darkness and against satanic forces in the world. . . . We read this truth in the book of Ephesians 6:12." ". . . For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. . . Ephesians 6:12."
RandomXeno Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
No no no, we are fighting for money and bitches, silly. This is what keep the world spinning and could explain why king Solomon had so many wives.
:iconearthtalon:
Earthtalon Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Funny because I am not religious.
RandomXeno Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Funny that only a tiny fraction of what I said is all what you can critizice, a.k.a the last segment =P
Nice way to confirm that you weren't able to read correctly the original sentence =P
Add a Comment: