Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 6, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 154

Did God created men or did men created God?

:iconlaqueenno1:
LaQueenNo1 Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Based on religion/believes, God created humanity; however, some people claim that because of the necessity of believing on something/somewhere superior than us, humanity began to believe in religion and/or Gods.... what do you think? Who created who? Did God created men or did men created God?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsora200:
Sora200 Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
What I learned in my humanities studies is that most if not all religions that are not Christianity, have dieties that are a combination of things that already exist. With that in mind, ancient man couldn't have thought up something as abstract as a formless super being of unlimited power. Besides, most of the religions of the world say that you have to do spmething good in order to get into heaven. Christianity on the other hand says that no amount of good works redeems you because only God has the authority to take away sins.
:iconsandmanfallingout:
sandmanfallingout Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
god is real and did make man and man just gave it a face and name
:iconxternal7:
xTernal7 Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
All gods are product of FUD (Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt) on the part of humans.
:iconghostlymark:
GhostlyMark Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Man created god...just for answers that we know by common sense. Early man didn't know why it rained, so they say its god's fault.
:iconmci021:
mci021 Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Personally, I see the notion of God as something of a fear response. Humanity is perpetually fearful of what it doesn't understand. We have to have a reason for why things happen. We can't just accept that things happen, and the reason behind why they happen is sometimes irrelevant. To its credit, science has the courage to explore and try to find out what the actual reasons for things are. God, on the other hand, is the unlucky sucker who's got to be in charge of it all. It's always God's plan, or God made it happen, or God's so petty that he decided hundreds of thousands of people had to die because of xyz. It's ridiculous. If I were God, I'd quit, simply because people kept blaming me for things or they were constantly asking me for things.
:icontimehasanend:
TimeHasAnEnd Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist
". . .God spake all these words, saying, "I am the LORD thy God", which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me. And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. . .Exodus 20:1-8." So, yes God created mankind and God command us, that we are not to create or worship other gods...
:iconanimationmutation:
AnimationMutation Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
God creates dinosaurs, god destroys dinosaurs. God creates man, man destroys god, man creates dinosaurs... Dinosaurs eat man... Woman inherits the Earth.
:iconxternal7:
xTernal7 Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Woman inherits the Earth.

And the end of the world comes almost simultaneously with that moment.
:iconanark10n:
anark10n Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Now I'm in a mood for Jurassic Park again
:iconthewitheredrose:
TheWitheredRose Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
God created man. If you ask me, man turned away from God.
I am extremely firm in my faith, however, what you believe is up to you.
Add a Comment: