Closed to new replies
December 6, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 40

Demonic Encounter

:iconultraraccoon:
UltraRaccoon Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
This happened a while ago.. But had a co-worker who is also a fellow gun nut ask me if I believed in demons. Of course I told him and asked why. He said late the night before he spotted 2 man-sized skinny dark figures at the foot of his bed. I could see the blood draining out of his face, so this was real to him. He then yelled GET OUT! They didn't leave...so what else does a gun nut do...fires a shot into one of these figures. Only thing he did was put a nice .357 mag hole into his dresser... wall.... house. Luckily hes not married or has a anyone else living with him so no one was injured. But he told me living by yourself and seeing this made him rent a hotel room for a week.

I tried to calm him saying you had a freakish dream. But I can still remember that look of terror in his pale face. I don't think dreams can have lasting effects like that...but I'm no dream expert.

So anyone have the same or another experience.
If its gonna be something like the Paranormal movies, don't tell it here and put it in a book and make some money off of it.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondragonflae:
Dragonflae Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
Sleep paralysis. The same phenomena caused me to see Slenderman.
:iconshadowkyogre:
ShadowKyogre Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Haven't had any experience similar to this with any of the demons I run into. So either its a dream or some other malevolent entity. (especially because he didn't methodically determine what they were)
:iconeldynamite:
ElDynamite Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Thanks guys, I won't be sleeping tonight ._.
:iconkillianseraphim:
KillianSeraphim Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Student General Artist
I can't say that I've had demonic encounters. I've felt spiritual entities before and sensed certain presences in different places, but never anything to the degree your describing. I do know people who have had experiences your describing. They were usually resolved by telling the thing to get out.
:iconbullet-magnet:
Bullet-Magnet Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
At university I often slept very badly. One time I crept to the top floor of the mathematics building where nobody goes and lay down for a nap. I'm not sure if I ever fell asleep, but I do remember being awake, unable to move and the image of a great evil face before me, and an all-encompassing buzzing in my ears that was very stressful. My head didn't feel like it was quite behind my eyeballs. And though I could see the face I could also see the wall behind it quite clearly.

Fortunately I knew what was happening. I had read about sleep paralysis before and the hallucinations it causes. Knowing this I was able to ride out the experience with minimum discomfort and horror, and even will the buzzing away until the experience was finally over, and I could walk, quite unsteadily, home.
UltraRaccoon Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yea lots of people saying sleep paralysis, but to grab and operate a gun doesn't sound like paralysis to me. I only hope he was sleepwalking maybe?
:iconbullet-magnet:
Bullet-Magnet Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
Sleep paralysis and sleep walking aren't all that different. The paralysis stops you from acting out your dreams.

Sleeping disorders are a broad subject.
thanks for the info
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
Fair warning: I'm a witch. But I'm not fluffy.

Ok, well, do you want conventional or occult?

Conventional: He experienced a 'waking dream', temporary hallucination, sleep paralysis, etc. Like hearing someone call your name while you are falling asleep, it is not uncommon to experience strange visions when you are not fully awake.

Occult: Not likely a demon as such, more likely some other type of malicious entity. Anything from a ghost to a vampiric creature. This may be staying in the area or just passing through.

If I was called in to look at this:

A one-time incident I'm going to usually consider as something from you- dream, vision, whatever.

When things happen repeatedly, I'll look for another cause. Start with the easiest and work up.

Assume first that something is attracting opportunistic feeders and make the area uncomfortable for them using physical and energy barriers- line of salt, erect a shield.

If the problem persists, a more accurate diagnosis is required.

Begin with research on the area to determine if it could be the manifestation of a local spirit- say someone who died there. These can appear suddenly when a disturbance occurs in the surroundings, such as renovations, new roomates, etc.

Look for any physical object that has come in- these can be anchor points for spirits and removing or cleansing them may get rid of the problem.

If evidence of this appears, first contact the spirit. Attempt to explain and/or resolve the issue peacefully.

If the spirit is unwilling or unable to comply, then an exorcism/cleansing followed by a barrier to keep anything else out.

If no evidence that this is a spirit can be found, then the diagnosis moves to another astral or energy creature that can withstand common barriers.

Treatment begins with broad-spectrum magic including the use of various herbs and the like. Step one is to fumigate the house using a spiritual irritant like asafoetida and cleanse all surfaces using a the practitioners choice of magic waters, oils, etc, formulated to irritate and discourage astral beings.

After the house has been properly cleansed, a stronger barrier is set up using physical anchor points.

If the problem persists, the next step is for the creature to be (meta)physically confronted and thrown out.

If it were me in charge of the situation, I would begin by manifesting astral beings to act as guard dogs. Personally, I like to anchor them in little gargoyle figures. These creatures are either built for the purpose, or are free creatures that are enticed to help you out (or forced, but I don't do that). They are allowed to 'eat' any sort of critter that is 'negative'.

With an advanced or intelligent helper, the practitioner may be able to gain insight on the creature in question based on their description.

If the guard dogs can't eat or run it off, then it is the last resort- direct confrontation of the creature by the practitioner. In other words, a fight. And whoever is the most powerful, or at least the fastest and most clever, wins.

In some cases, this means repeating battles over and over using different tools. And failure is always an option.

If the creature cannot be removed by any means, unfortunately the only option is to move or destroy the property.
interesting
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
:)
:iconlyteside:
lyteside Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
2 noteworthy experiences at my parent's house - one while I was alone, watching' TV, and another that my parents experienced with me. As for their explanations... They were either supernatural in nature, or very elaborate hoaxes. Other possibilities seem significantly less likely.
:iconalzebetha:
alzebetha Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
I don't have druggies as friends sry.
:iconlytrigian:
Lytrigian Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
You can't shoot Slenderman.
:icontotally-dead:
Totally-dead Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Has anyone actually TRIED?
:iconblack-allison:
Black-Allison Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
This guy, and it didn't work.
:icontotally-dead:
Totally-dead Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
... What did he use? Because I have a life long supply of rubber thanks to the fact that it worked for me. :icongrinstareplz:
:iconshockwaveplasma:
shockwaveplasma Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
It's almost certainly sleep paralysis as everyone has said.

Dr Wiseman covers this is a few books. Check out question three.

[link]
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
The last thing I would be doing is to fire a shot at phantoms.
:iconghostinthepines:
GhostInThePines Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Had he just moved into a different house or something? I know when I'm sleeping in an unfamiliar place, I'll have "waking dreams" of strange things like that. It's happened in a lot... I've 'seen' ghosts in hotel rooms or had mice in my sleeping bag when camping, that sort of thing.

Or perhaps the guy has developed a new sensitivity to EMFs (electro-magnetic fields)... that can cause people to hallucinate and feel uncomfortable for no good reason. I've had that happen to me too. The first year in my college apartment I was fine. (I was living in an old, converted, Victorian-style mansion with seven other people - four different apartments.) The second year I ended up being sick to my stomach all the time. I changed my entire diet trying to fix things. But then I noticed the power outlet next to my bed was frying anything I plugged into it, even through a surge protector... that's how I figured out it was an EMF sensitivity. I switched to sleeping on the couch on the opposite side of my room, and things got a lot better for me after that.

I've also had ghostly experiences that have nothing to do with either of the things mentioned above, but I don't think they really pertain to this thread.
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
One common treatment for 'hauntings' is to check for ungrounded outlets. Gives you the feeling you are being watched.
:iconghostinthepines:
GhostInThePines Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I realize that... like I said, I have an EMF sensitivity thanks to the faulty wiring in my former college apartment.

But ungrounded outlets don't cover outdoor settings or small group "hallucinations"... But like I said, I don't really think any of my other experiences have a place in this thread.
:iconebolabears:
EbolaBears Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
Well since demons (and angels) are not real, the guy obviously has issues and should seek professional counsel.
:iconearthtalon:
Earthtalon Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Might be real (although unlikely)
EbolaBears Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
Nope. Not real.
:iconearthtalon:
Earthtalon Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Proof?
EbolaBears Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
Zero documented and verified experiences, meetings, or contact with such things as angels, demons, spirits, or gods.
None exist in all of human history.
:iconshininginthedarkness:
shininginthedarkness Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
Sounds a bit like sleep paralysis, except if it were sleep paralysis you probably wouldn't be able to fire a gun while you were still hallucinating. But maybe he managed to wake up and decided to fire it anyway.

I've had LOTS of visual and auditory hallucinations during sleep paralysis, but since I'm not already a nutcase I didn't freak out over it.
where all nuts in some shape and form
:iconshininginthedarkness:
shininginthedarkness Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
Well, fair enough, but I'm not THAT SORT of nut :lol:
Black-Allison Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
I have regular occurrences of sleep paralysis where I wake up and is unable to move, I see dark figures in the corners of my room, here voices, feel things under my mattresses and when I'm really stress I hallucinate crawling figures over my body.

This is normal. I know they are not demons because:
-they only come when I'm stressed. So it's a stressed induced condition.
-my body weight was decreasing before I began getting it, so health and nutrition also effected by sleeping patterns.
-what I would see and hear is what I am presently afraid of. As a child in my sleep I'd hear my parents arguing, when I woke up I would ask my parents why were they awake and they'd tell me I was probably dreaming. After I watched clips from the Ring I saw Sadako and imagined here clawing at my back from inside my mattress. Recent bouts have been about Slenderman, but I'm eating better now so it's gone away for the most parts.

I know a friend with a similar condition who's dead convinced it's a ghost. Being raised in a fairly atheistic, material world concerned family I was never raised with a fear for otherworldly beings. So that explains why my demons are always pop culture references.
wow... I'll pray for you..sounds like you need it.
Black-Allison Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
Nah. I got better. Moved closer to school. Cured everything. Fixed my eating habits and sleep patterns.

For your friend though if this is what he has I got some advice:
1) It will be quickly over if you feel safe.
2) To do this you need to realize it's sleep paralysis and nothing will harm you. Works every time.
3) I usually close my eyes during this time to prevent hallucination and dismiss any sounds as possibly made by another person in the house. Because seeing stuff will just excite your brain into making it worse.
4) Don't try to wiggle too much, remembering you can't move only makes you more scared.
5) You live alone, so that sucks. I usually remember that other people are in the house to protect me, so I snap out of it pretty quick, especially if I have a roomate as oppose to sleeping alone.
6) If you are religious. Praying does help (according to my religious friends) because it makes you feel safe and secure. Also since he is a gun man, remember he has a gun. A gun.
7) Know what you have, is not unique. [link] It's a very well historically documented sleep disorder as common as insomnia.

And saying I'll pray for you doesn't really do anything against Sadako from the Ring and I hardly doubt you actually will and I'm sure it wouldn't even really help me seeing as I stated I'm from an atheist family so I'd burn in hell anyhow. So thanks for reminding me there is a huge population on this Earth who thinks nothing I accomplish will ever mention in the grand scheme of things and my life is worthless because I'm gonna be rolling in flames after death. Very nice of you.
:icontb-samurai:
TB-Samurai Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You sure he's not schizophrenic?
Damn I sure hope not.
:iconbrainninja11:
brainninja11 Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Student General Artist
It was a dream. Dreams can be scary, terrifying, even traumatizing. I have been half asleep and thought there were people in my room. There weren't, and logically, I knew that. But I still could swear I saw something. The human brain is a lot less accurate than we give it credit for, and it can be easily influenced by the type of information and media we take in. Having paranoia and other problems can affect this more. Not saying the guy is crazy, just saying that he had was half asleep and had some weird dreams that made him put a hole in his wall.
Lol wish you where the expert, but that look of terror he gave me when i told him it was just a dream. It was like all hope was lost for him. Probably thought he was crazy.
I understand that terror from dreams. I have nightmares all the time. If you can't break the thought that the dream was not real, it can be very terrifying. I had a dream where a close friend committed suicide and I woke up crying. I only got over the shock of it after I called them and talked to them. If he doesn't think it was a dream, he won't get over that fear.
But what determines a dream from reality. Is it your gut feeling? I know too many gamblers who trust that.
A dream is an illusion created in the mind. What separates it from reality can be hard to determine depending on your mindset.
Add a Comment: