Demonic Encounter

This happened a while ago.. But had a co-worker who is also a fellow gun nut ask me if I believed in demons. Of course I told him and asked why. He said late the night before he spotted 2 man-sized skinny dark figures at the foot of his bed. I could see the blood draining out of his face, so this was real to him. He then yelled GET OUT! They didn't leave...so what else does a gun nut do...fires a shot into one of these figures. Only thing he did was put a nice .357 mag hole into his dresser... wall.... house. Luckily hes not married or has a anyone else living with him so no one was injured. But he told me living by yourself and seeing this made him rent a hotel room for a week.

I tried to calm him saying you had a freakish dream. But I can still remember that look of terror in his pale face. I don't think dreams can have lasting effects like that...but I'm no dream expert.

So anyone have the same or another experience.
If its gonna be something like the Paranormal movies, don't tell it here and put it in a book and make some money off of it.
Comments41
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Sleep paralysis. The same phenomena caused me to see Slenderman.
Haven't had any experience similar to this with any of the demons I run into. So either its a dream or some other malevolent entity. (especially because he didn't methodically determine what they were)
Thanks guys, I won't be sleeping tonight ._.
I can't say that I've had demonic encounters. I've felt spiritual entities before and sensed certain presences in different places, but never anything to the degree your describing. I do know people who have had experiences your describing. They were usually resolved by telling the thing to get out.
At university I often slept very badly. One time I crept to the top floor of the mathematics building where nobody goes and lay down for a nap. I'm not sure if I ever fell asleep, but I do remember being awake, unable to move and the image of a great evil face before me, and an all-encompassing buzzing in my ears that was very stressful. My head didn't feel like it was quite behind my eyeballs. And though I could see the face I could also see the wall behind it quite clearly.

Fortunately I knew what was happening. I had read about sleep paralysis before and the hallucinations it causes. Knowing this I was able to ride out the experience with minimum discomfort and horror, and even will the buzzing away until the experience was finally over, and I could walk, quite unsteadily, home.
Yea lots of people saying sleep paralysis, but to grab and operate a gun doesn't sound like paralysis to me. I only hope he was sleepwalking maybe?
Sleep paralysis and sleep walking aren't all that different. The paralysis stops you from acting out your dreams.

Sleeping disorders are a broad subject.
thanks for the info
Fair warning: I'm a witch. But I'm not fluffy.

Ok, well, do you want conventional or occult?

Conventional: He experienced a 'waking dream', temporary hallucination, sleep paralysis, etc. Like hearing someone call your name while you are falling asleep, it is not uncommon to experience strange visions when you are not fully awake.

Occult: Not likely a demon as such, more likely some other type of malicious entity. Anything from a ghost to a vampiric creature. This may be staying in the area or just passing through.

If I was called in to look at this:

A one-time incident I'm going to usually consider as something from you- dream, vision, whatever.

When things happen repeatedly, I'll look for another cause. Start with the easiest and work up.

Assume first that something is attracting opportunistic feeders and make the area uncomfortable for them using physical and energy barriers- line of salt, erect a shield.

If the problem persists, a more accurate diagnosis is required.

Begin with research on the area to determine if it could be the manifestation of a local spirit- say someone who died there. These can appear suddenly when a disturbance occurs in the surroundings, such as renovations, new roomates, etc.

Look for any physical object that has come in- these can be anchor points for spirits and removing or cleansing them may get rid of the problem.

If evidence of this appears, first contact the spirit. Attempt to explain and/or resolve the issue peacefully.

If the spirit is unwilling or unable to comply, then an exorcism/cleansing followed by a barrier to keep anything else out.

If no evidence that this is a spirit can be found, then the diagnosis moves to another astral or energy creature that can withstand common barriers.

Treatment begins with broad-spectrum magic including the use of various herbs and the like. Step one is to fumigate the house using a spiritual irritant like asafoetida and cleanse all surfaces using a the practitioners choice of magic waters, oils, etc, formulated to irritate and discourage astral beings.

After the house has been properly cleansed, a stronger barrier is set up using physical anchor points.

If the problem persists, the next step is for the creature to be (meta)physically confronted and thrown out.

If it were me in charge of the situation, I would begin by manifesting astral beings to act as guard dogs. Personally, I like to anchor them in little gargoyle figures. These creatures are either built for the purpose, or are free creatures that are enticed to help you out (or forced, but I don't do that). They are allowed to 'eat' any sort of critter that is 'negative'.

With an advanced or intelligent helper, the practitioner may be able to gain insight on the creature in question based on their description.

If the guard dogs can't eat or run it off, then it is the last resort- direct confrontation of the creature by the practitioner. In other words, a fight. And whoever is the most powerful, or at least the fastest and most clever, wins.

In some cases, this means repeating battles over and over using different tools. And failure is always an option.

If the creature cannot be removed by any means, unfortunately the only option is to move or destroy the property.
2 noteworthy experiences at my parent's house - one while I was alone, watching' TV, and another that my parents experienced with me. As for their explanations... They were either supernatural in nature, or very elaborate hoaxes. Other possibilities seem significantly less likely.
I don't have druggies as friends sry.
You can't shoot Slenderman.
Has anyone actually TRIED?
This guy, and it didn't work.
... What did he use? Because I have a life long supply of rubber thanks to the fact that it worked for me. :icongrinstareplz:
It's almost certainly sleep paralysis as everyone has said.

Dr Wiseman covers this is a few books. Check out question three.

[link]
The last thing I would be doing is to fire a shot at phantoms.
Had he just moved into a different house or something? I know when I'm sleeping in an unfamiliar place, I'll have "waking dreams" of strange things like that. It's happened in a lot... I've 'seen' ghosts in hotel rooms or had mice in my sleeping bag when camping, that sort of thing.

Or perhaps the guy has developed a new sensitivity to EMFs (electro-magnetic fields)... that can cause people to hallucinate and feel uncomfortable for no good reason. I've had that happen to me too. The first year in my college apartment I was fine. (I was living in an old, converted, Victorian-style mansion with seven other people - four different apartments.) The second year I ended up being sick to my stomach all the time. I changed my entire diet trying to fix things. But then I noticed the power outlet next to my bed was frying anything I plugged into it, even through a surge protector... that's how I figured out it was an EMF sensitivity. I switched to sleeping on the couch on the opposite side of my room, and things got a lot better for me after that.

I've also had ghostly experiences that have nothing to do with either of the things mentioned above, but I don't think they really pertain to this thread.
One common treatment for 'hauntings' is to check for ungrounded outlets. Gives you the feeling you are being watched.
I realize that... like I said, I have an EMF sensitivity thanks to the faulty wiring in my former college apartment.

But ungrounded outlets don't cover outdoor settings or small group "hallucinations"... But like I said, I don't really think any of my other experiences have a place in this thread.
Well since demons (and angels) are not real, the guy obviously has issues and should seek professional counsel.
Might be real (although unlikely)