Details

Closed to new replies
December 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 67
:icontylersf87:
TylerSF87 Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Some people see the world as fake, cardboard, an illusion.

Some people see the world as being too real and overwhelming.

Both try to escape their version of reality.

Which category do you fall into and what is your chosen method of escapism?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconthatgirlwhoruinedart:
ThatGirlWhoRuinedArt Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
I read, contemplate building a time machine, try to be perfect and then hide in my room. That's about it besides making an idiot of myself.
:iconworkoutprogress:
workoutprogress Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012   Photographer
I think a lot of people live in constant denial about a slew of different things...

I prefer raging at gamers over the Internet...
:iconbrainninja11:
brainninja11 Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Student General Artist
I think we are on a rock in the middle of nowhere desperately searching for an inherent purpose in life, when it simply doesn't exist. Life only means what you choose it too. I don't really try to escape reality, I think of philosophy often. The only thing I escape with is art and my friends. And video games.
:iconwilliamrobertrussell:
WilliamRobertRussell Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I like to consider solipsism (only my conscious mind exists) but i do not take it to be true. I escape reality by preoccupying my mind with hobbies. I would say when i am not doing anything i tend to imagine the world does not exist, and that i am alone.
:iconmmxivrip:
mmxivrip Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
If you're not happy with your surroundings and your situation, it can be liberating and wonderful to dream and "escape reality". I think that's all there is to it. I believe most escapists do it because of their situation in life, rather than reality as a whole being boring/overwhelming/fake/whatever.
:iconwhiskyomega:
WhiskyOmega Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Professional General Artist
The world is real, or at least my perception of it, and when it gets overwhelming I tend to escape in little spurts to keep myself sane through it all. I do so through drawing, reading, watching movies, playing videogames, or just something to destract my mind for a while and give it a chance to reboot.
:iconkittythenekoalien:
KittyTheNekoAlien Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Reality is just kind of a constant, kinda hard to actually escape it. So I will exploit reality as I need to, and then play computer games and talk to people many miles away and pretend that I have a life :3
:iconscnal:
Scnal Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The second, but I don't feel the need to escape from it. I do quite often, it's fun in moderation, but I'm very fine with facing that reality.
:iconfuyuko7:
Fuyuko7 Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I...
play games
read
watch anime
...to escape reality
Add a Comment: