ha ha, the world is coming to an end.

By now, we've all heard about the latest doomsday prediction for December 21st 2012. And we've all made light of it just like earlier this year when that guy was saying that the rapture was going to happen back in May. But it got me thinking, is there anyone out there (or at least on these forums) actually believe that the world is coming to an end on the 21st?
Comments85
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
No, I don't believe it :XD: I know a family that actually moved to the mountains and gave up all their possessions though when the last announcement for the end of the world was made, quit their job and everything, pretty crazy. I have no idea what happened to them afterwards ^^;
I don't believe in it. As long as there are that many vid games and book releases in 2013 I won't give up! :P
I don't, but the small probability of it ending is a good reason to get wasted and PARTEH. :dummy:
yay, the end of the world is neeeeaaaarrrrr!! :la:
Wee :dummy: Maybe the prediction's right, unlike in 2000....
The world is going to end...

... 5 billion years from now.
Please leave Harold Camping alone, and stop beating the dead horse. He already admitted that he was wrong. Of course he can't do the damage he did, but being sarcastic about him, is not going to help your situation.

Also December 2012 has been said to be an incorrect date or as I heard. So no.
I wasn't sarcasticly making fun of the guy. I'm simply saying that we all made light of his doomsday prediction back in May of last year. I'm sure you did too unless you were one of the poor saps who quit your job and spent your life savings on Camping's advertisement campaign.
For one thing, my dad has actually talked to the guy. He does agree alot what he says and has some merit, but sometimes like the doomday predicition, my dad doesn't agree with him.

I already knew the doomsday predicition was bound to fail anyway.
no but i hope so, how cool would that be? on another note, what if "the end of the world" is a metaphor for, maybe not a literal end of the world, but maybe the end of the world as we know it. Maybe something so extraordinary is supposed to occur, a exemplar of our paradigm and we will experience a crisis stage, and transfer into a new paradigm, a new understanding of our world.
But thats just a thought of mine. which i also hope to be true. haha.
What I really want to know is why, every time I see the Mayan calendar discussed on TV, the graphic they use is a picture of the friggin' Aztec calender...
since the Mayans didn't have leap year the world should have ended months ago. and if it does end it will be noon Mayan time, so do the math, some of us could be asleep and not even realize it. but in certain religions it is mentioned in a book that no mortal man will know. as others call it dark times. and there have been other translations appearing now (since there aren't any Mayans left, overall, that we can pull aside and ask what these symbols mean), that it could be a renewal and not an ending official. it's the ending of one time bracket and then a beginning of another one. guess we won't know until the day get's here, I'm not going to worry about it until then, because there's nothing I can do about it. be prepared because of how people act when it comes to "these things". but over all, this is another culture, another way of life. no one freaks out when other calendars renew, refresh, etc. well they freaked out when it came to 1999 to 2000, but other countries didn't, it was just another day to them. so we shall see.
Actually, that's not accurate. The "Leap Year" argument loses any semblance of validity when you consider that the Dec. 21, 2012 date was arrived at by calculating the Mayan timeline using the Gregorian calendar. Leap years were taken into account in the translation.
The Mayans have limited amount of paper, so they can't write everything down. and it just happens their papers finished at 12 December 2012
Even the Mayans who started this whole this didn't think this would be the end.
Yeah no I don't believe it for a second. XD
I don't know a single person who believes it.
It's already 2555 so I don't care.
There is a small village in the South of France that might have lots of visitors. Nutters who will travel thousands of miles to 'escape' the end of the world and the authorities are worried there will be mass suidicides.
Now why would anyone kill themselves? You might escape. Don't make it easier for the raptors! Loads of You tube videos about the village and the 'Mountain Aliens'

Look up BUGARACH and have a laugh...
I've already received notes on my door step warning me of the end with photo-shopped images of Mayan pry-maids.
Hope you made paper planes out of them.
I really hope someone does a large scale prank somewhere in the world to make them think the world is actually ending
Problem is that some people would believe it and do away with themselves and worst their own children :-(
I have a calendar here and it finishes on December 31, so that is my date for the apocalypse.