Closed to new replies
December 3, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 84

ha ha, the world is coming to an end.

:icondidj:
Didj Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
By now, we've all heard about the latest doomsday prediction for December 21st 2012. And we've all made light of it just like earlier this year when that guy was saying that the rapture was going to happen back in May. But it got me thinking, is there anyone out there (or at least on these forums) actually believe that the world is coming to an end on the 21st?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconwillwriteforhearts:
willwriteforhearts Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Student Writer
No, I don't believe it :XD: I know a family that actually moved to the mountains and gave up all their possessions though when the last announcement for the end of the world was made, quit their job and everything, pretty crazy. I have no idea what happened to them afterwards ^^;
:iconskysetting:
Skysetting Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I don't believe in it. As long as there are that many vid games and book releases in 2013 I won't give up! :P
:iconspudfuzz:
Spudfuzz Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I don't, but the small probability of it ending is a good reason to get wasted and PARTEH. :dummy:
:icondiana6echo:
diana6echo Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
yay, the end of the world is neeeeaaaarrrrr!! :la:
:iconmagmagan:
Magmagan Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
Wee :dummy: Maybe the prediction's right, unlike in 2000....
:iconshadowmaker-241:
ShadowMaker-241 Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
The world is going to end...

... 5 billion years from now.
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Student General Artist
Please leave Harold Camping alone, and stop beating the dead horse. He already admitted that he was wrong. Of course he can't do the damage he did, but being sarcastic about him, is not going to help your situation.

Also December 2012 has been said to be an incorrect date or as I heard. So no.
Didj Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
I wasn't sarcasticly making fun of the guy. I'm simply saying that we all made light of his doomsday prediction back in May of last year. I'm sure you did too unless you were one of the poor saps who quit your job and spent your life savings on Camping's advertisement campaign.
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Student General Artist
For one thing, my dad has actually talked to the guy. He does agree alot what he says and has some merit, but sometimes like the doomday predicition, my dad doesn't agree with him.

I already knew the doomsday predicition was bound to fail anyway.
:iconwilliamrobertrussell:
WilliamRobertRussell Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
no but i hope so, how cool would that be? on another note, what if "the end of the world" is a metaphor for, maybe not a literal end of the world, but maybe the end of the world as we know it. Maybe something so extraordinary is supposed to occur, a exemplar of our paradigm and we will experience a crisis stage, and transfer into a new paradigm, a new understanding of our world.
But thats just a thought of mine. which i also hope to be true. haha.
:iconadamkass:
AdamKass Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Professional General Artist
What I really want to know is why, every time I see the Mayan calendar discussed on TV, the graphic they use is a picture of the friggin' Aztec calender...
:iconangelxxuan:
angelxxuan Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
since the Mayans didn't have leap year the world should have ended months ago. and if it does end it will be noon Mayan time, so do the math, some of us could be asleep and not even realize it. but in certain religions it is mentioned in a book that no mortal man will know. as others call it dark times. and there have been other translations appearing now (since there aren't any Mayans left, overall, that we can pull aside and ask what these symbols mean), that it could be a renewal and not an ending official. it's the ending of one time bracket and then a beginning of another one. guess we won't know until the day get's here, I'm not going to worry about it until then, because there's nothing I can do about it. be prepared because of how people act when it comes to "these things". but over all, this is another culture, another way of life. no one freaks out when other calendars renew, refresh, etc. well they freaked out when it came to 1999 to 2000, but other countries didn't, it was just another day to them. so we shall see.
:iconadamkass:
AdamKass Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Professional General Artist
Actually, that's not accurate. The "Leap Year" argument loses any semblance of validity when you consider that the Dec. 21, 2012 date was arrived at by calculating the Mayan timeline using the Gregorian calendar. Leap years were taken into account in the translation.
:iconhanciong:
hanciong Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The Mayans have limited amount of paper, so they can't write everything down. and it just happens their papers finished at 12 December 2012
:iconjade724:
Jade724 Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Even the Mayans who started this whole this didn't think this would be the end.
:iconsummitstars:
summitstars Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Yeah no I don't believe it for a second. XD
:iconsontine:
Sontine Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012   Digital Artist
I don't know a single person who believes it.
:iconda1withdalongestname:
da1withdalongestname Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
It's already 2555 so I don't care.
:iconunclegargy:
UncleGargy Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
There is a small village in the South of France that might have lots of visitors. Nutters who will travel thousands of miles to 'escape' the end of the world and the authorities are worried there will be mass suidicides.
Now why would anyone kill themselves? You might escape. Don't make it easier for the raptors! Loads of You tube videos about the village and the 'Mountain Aliens'

Look up BUGARACH and have a laugh...
:iconh-irsch:
h-irsch Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I've already received notes on my door step warning me of the end with photo-shopped images of Mayan pry-maids.
Hope you made paper planes out of them.
:iconragerancher:
Ragerancher Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
I really hope someone does a large scale prank somewhere in the world to make them think the world is actually ending
Problem is that some people would believe it and do away with themselves and worst their own children :-(
:iconcouchycreature:
CouchyCreature Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I have a calendar here and it finishes on December 31, so that is my date for the apocalypse.
:iconmylifeinfocus:
MyLifeInFocus Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Perfect! :D
:iconvanhir:
Vanhir Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I wouldn't trust a civilization who never invented wheels to correctly predict the end of the world.
Didj Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
Or even the fall of their own culture, for that matter.
Exactly, I wouldn't trust a bloody thing they said about such things. :|
:iconhyenacub:
hyenacub Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Nah. Just a new era. Whatever that means. :XD:
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Winter without Christmas. It sounds like a children's story I know.
:iconwhiteguru:
whiteguru Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
~Didj

By now, we've all heard about the latest doomsday prediction for December 21st 2012.

Ya, they is predicting something different every day.

And we've all made light of it just like earlier this year when that guy was saying that the rapture was going to happen back in May.

Yo, the rapture. Figment of the imagination.

But it got me thinking, is there anyone out there (or at least on these forums) actually believe that the world is coming to an end on the 21st?

Not here. The Sun will come up. The Sun will go down.

What happens in between really don't matter, unless the Sun don't come up.
:iconlbthecc:
LBtheCC Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I'd actually be quite disappointed if it didn't end. That'd mean I'd have to go back to work after the holidays.
:iconmaltese101:
maltese101 Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Student General Artist
Yeah.. and after that, I wonder when's the next doomsday..
:icontotally-dead:
Totally-dead Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I am just using it as an excuse to party.
:iconsolum-ipsum:
Solum-Ipsum Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't think we're lucky enough to die before this consumer shit society crumbles in on us. However, I've heard that some people won't buy Christmas presents until the 21st because why would they spend before the end of the world... seriously, what the hell. :facepalm: Even IF the world ended slowly, an AK-47 would become more useful than those effing bills (most of which are just virtual account credits, of course.
:iconsoriyns-knight:
Soriyns-Knight Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Student General Artist
If the world does end on the 21st, it will just be a coincidence.
:iconhorus2299:
Horus2299 Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
If you're going by what it says in the Bible, it tells us that we won't know the day or the hour of the last judgement, so if anything that means the world won't come to an end on the 21st or whatever it is. Even if something major does happen, it won't liiterally be the end of the world.
Didj Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
Maybe the only thing that's keeping us alive is all of the raving loons who keep prophesying the end times. Because as long as there is at least one nut warning people that the world is going to come to an end soon, God can't move in for his attack.
:iconjade724:
Jade724 Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeah, no. No one knows when the world will end, so it could be any day. For all we know, it COULD happen on December 21, but what are the odds???
:iconlyteside:
lyteside Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
I like this. <3
:iconhorus2299:
Horus2299 Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
Well yeah, as long as people keep naming specific dates it'll just be one more day the world doesn't come to an end. The real thing is supposed to come like a thief in the night, on the last day anyone would expect it to happen.
:iconsmkiller:
Smkiller Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist
And with that came a mental image of God in heaven, standing behind an army of angels;

"Damn that motherfucker... ... wait, I already did. Haw haw!"
:iconzinc-tails:
Zinc-Tails Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Let the idiots panic, it will be amusing to watch their reactions shift across the 20th, 21st, and 22nd. Those that don't off themselves from sheer stupidity of course....
:iconkemcar:
kemcar Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
No, I don't believe it, I don't think God will give us a deadline ever. If it has to happen it will happen, but with millions of people waiting for it, it never will.
If it'll happen, God will dive out from behind a bush and be like "SUPRISE, BITCHES!" before causing the entire planet to implode.
:iconkimihro:
Kimihro Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't personally know anybody, but they're out there, biting their nails and shit. I think that they're not afraid, they just want it to happen deep down inside so they can not look stupid.
:iconnickdruminor:
nickdruminor Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm expecting a repeat of the "Great Disappointment" from the 1840s. And probably at least one cult committing mass suicide
Sort of weird naming really. People are disappointed the world didn't end? REALLY?
:iconnickdruminor:
nickdruminor Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It is but you got to look at the context. They thought that the Second Coming was at hand, and that they would all go to Heaven. Then Judgement Day came and went and nothing happened. And many of them had sold or gave away their possessions. It was still stupid, but I can understand the disappointment.
Funny how few people think they will go to Hell... Still I'd imagine the majority of people were sane and did not think the world was going to end and therefore it was far from a disappointment, unless you count being disappointed in humanity.
Add a Comment: