Creationism Is Not Real!

I live in Georgia, and despite how badly I want to throttle some of these creationists on sites like Twitter, Facebook, etc, I always calmly ask them to provide factual evidence to support their opinions. Opinions may not be facts, but they are based, by definition in some kind of logical ground, i.e., if you believe in Evolution, you have a pretty damn good chance of factual evidence that would back you up.

The theory of Intelligent Design is just a bunch of religious malarkey disguised as science when there's no way to scientifically TEST the theory, nor are their any significant finds that point to any factual proof of the theory. Keep in mind, Theories are not facts. Theories are scientifically backed up statements that allow them to be expanded upon making new discoveries related to the theory in question.

Scientists are discovering new fossils all of the time, which is why the Theory of Evolution is ever-expanding. Scientists are constantly digging up evidence to support their claims. The same could be said about the Theory of Relativity. The more phenomonon uncovered related to it, the more things that can be added to it.

The key point here is OBSERVATIONS and TESTING using data. Creationism, in and of itself CANNOT be a scientific theory because it is not based on actual observation, but rather, passing the ideas of how Earth's organisms were created as "God did it". I swear, the next time someone brings up that creationism is real...:iconfffuuuplz:

What do you think about creationism?
Comments729
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
God planted dinosaur bones to test our faith and/or because he's a convoluted asshole.
As long as it's not taught at schools, I don't mind. Everyone has their beliefs, and I think that everyone should be entitled to freedom on that part. A problem arises when it's fed to kids at their learning age. School subjects are made to prepare you for your future job. Not many jobs are based off creationism. Most are based on science.

I would get your aggression if this affected your life in any way, but dude. Let 'em be.
I suggest anyone who really cares to understand why creationism is not real you should watch The Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism. [link]
So... how can you possibly disprove the existence of a god? How can you say "there is no God who created everything," when nobody knows? Fuck, even Carl Sagan was an agnostic because he believed that, in the huge expanse of the universe, a god was possible. But he didn't know. I don't really know the answer to whether there's a god either, but I'm not an asshole about my beliefs. This is a bigoted and spiteful representation of why people don't like atheists.

Not that all atheists are bad. Not even a lot of them. But you, my dear, are an example of an atheist I want nothing to do with.
Hi,

this little graph may help you clarify the situation, [link]

The vast majority of atheists I have met are agnostic atheists...interestingly most theist I have met are also agnostic theists (they accept they can't know for sure, they chose to believe). I know of very few gnostic theist or atheist.

A case could be made that for _specific_ gods from _specific_ religions (Baal, Elohim, Zeus, Jupiter), we find many gnostic atheist (even among people who are otherwise theists), since those gods/religion make specific claims that can be falsified. But when it comes to a generic form of deism, I have met extraordinarily few people claiming to be gnostic. However, gnostics tend to be an annoyingly vocal and obnoxious breed, on both sides of the argument.

VE.
Peoples' beliefs are not your business. Don't you have things to do?
When the people try to force those beliefs on others as if they're fact, then it becomes our business.
I think you're doing just the same thing.
Promoting facts isn't exactly the same as forcing beliefs. Nice try though.
They think that they are promoting facts.
You are doing the same thing as them in that you think they're wrong, I'm right, Creationism is wrong, they need to change themselves.

That's what they think of you, though.
You are all the same. You're blowing up your beliefs on a DeviantArt forum, challenging any person who isn't an atheist to an argument

I do believe that there is a lot more to life than lancing everyone and challenging them to a duel on how they think the world was formed.
Intelligent design is not just a bunch of religious malarkey. If you were the first person on Mars and found a series of 13 identical rectangular rocks arranged in a perfect circle, would you believe those rocks had arranged themselves?

You say that there (you used the wrong pronoun, by the way) are no significant scientific finds attributable to the intelligent design theory. This is true enough -- so far. But it's a new idea, and it's just getting started.

You mention evolution and the finding of new fossils. The fossil record does indeed seem to bear out evolution, to the point where it would be insane to deny it.

But please do not lump intelligent desing with young-earth creationism. Obviously the creationists like the intelligent design ideas, but the questions of intelligent design will keep cropping up long after creationism has been laughed out of the building.
Intelligent design is nothing _but_ a bunch of religious malarkey. When asked this specific question, here is what the US courts found:

A significant aspect of the IDM [intelligent design movement] is that despite Defendants' protestations to the contrary, it describes ID as a religious argument. In that vein, the writings of leading ID proponents reveal that the designer postulated by their argument is the God of Christianity.

The evidence at trial demonstrates that ID is nothing less than the progeny of creationism.

The overwhelming evidence at trial established that ID is a religious view, a mere re-labeling of creationism, and not a scientific theory.

You should read [link] in all its details, it is a damning indictment of ID as a movement, and how thinly veiled of a religous malarkey it is.

But my favorite evidence to this is [link] , a show that ID is nothing but a botched "search and replace" on creationism...isn't that Hilarious...

VE.
ID is widely accepted to be just a rebranding of Creationism and created as an attempt to circumvent various laws in the USA prohibitting the teaching of Creationism in schools. Look up "Intelliegent Design on Trial" by NOVA to see the full extent of the humiliating court case where a highly conservative and creationist believing judge refused to defend ID as being non-religious.
Who cares which side had the better lawyers? The Intelligent Design argument hasn't gone away because there is actually some merit to its central claims.
ID is a bunch of thinly veiled religion malarkey. It has no merit as a scientific theory, and is a mere relabelling of Christian creationism.

Read [link] to see and understand why.

VE.
ID hasn't gone away because there are stubborn fools who refuse to recognise they are wrong. There I no merit whatsoever to it's claim. Every argument they have made has been soundly refuted. You know why they don't push irreductable complexity any more? Because it was blasted apart.
Meanwhile, attempts to recreate life in the laboratory have and continue to fail miserably, marking fifty years of zero progress, and as the understanding of how life functions at the molecular level increases, explanations of how life on earth began become increasingly bizarre, convoluted, and farfetched.
You really don't see the problem with creating life in a lab do you? You know what people like you would say if we created life in a lab? "Well that proves you need an intelligence for life to form." It's a no-win situation with people like you. Whether we create life or don't create life, you will see both outcomes exactly the same way.

As it is, we've been getting closer and closer to understanding an manipulating the fundamentals of biology. Our understanding of genetics is souring and we are compiling more and more gene sequences in animals. It took us all this time to get to where we are now, it's not beyond belief that in a few more years we will have even more understanding, unless you want to try to claim that science is static and we have made no advances?
First let me say that 'creationism' is not limited to Young-Earth creationism and that Intelligent Design is, in fact, creationism. Just because they leave the creative 'force' unnamed doesn't mean they're not talking about something antithetical to naturalism.
Second, Intelligent design as its inception is a bunch of religious malarkey. It was created by creationists attempting to use it as a wedge to get creationism in school systems by painting it a different color.
But it's also malarkey because its primary tenant is that x-attribute is too complex to have evolved on its own. That's a begging the question argument, because unlike rocks on Mars we can see the steps between less complex and more complex and no wall that would have prevented them moving in that direction. And the very idea that complex things do not arise out of less complex things is demonstrably wrong. Re: Explosions compressing carbon into diamonds, water droplets forming complex ice crystals, salt flats drying into complex hexagonal tessellations, and so on and so on.

Last, let me just add that there are things we initially thought were man made that turn out to be natural all the time. Including perfect geometric rock formations. Heck we constantly have people bringing glass tubes that look like sculpted glass into archaeology facilities thinking they have some ancient artifact. When it turns out they're actually fulgurites, which are formed when lightning strikes sandy sediment and fuses it into glass tubes. Anyway, that was more an aside, in a 'nature is pretty damn cool' kinda way.
I wish there was some way to edit these comments.

I was going to say about the rocks on Mars that deciding that they were arranged deliberately would not be the end of your inquiries, but rather the beginning of them.
The truth of the matter is....Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools!
The universe was created to reveal from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men. For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world is clearly seen, being understood by the things are made by GOD, so at the end of time, they will have no excuses.

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness. Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse. Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools...Romans 1:18-22.
Weird, didn't read that part on harry potter.