Closed to new replies
November 29, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 728

Creationism Is Not Real!

:iconkiwi-punch:
Kiwi-Punch Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I live in Georgia, and despite how badly I want to throttle some of these creationists on sites like Twitter, Facebook, etc, I always calmly ask them to provide factual evidence to support their opinions. Opinions may not be facts, but they are based, by definition in some kind of logical ground, i.e., if you believe in Evolution, you have a pretty damn good chance of factual evidence that would back you up.

The theory of Intelligent Design is just a bunch of religious malarkey disguised as science when there's no way to scientifically TEST the theory, nor are their any significant finds that point to any factual proof of the theory. Keep in mind, Theories are not facts. Theories are scientifically backed up statements that allow them to be expanded upon making new discoveries related to the theory in question.

Scientists are discovering new fossils all of the time, which is why the Theory of Evolution is ever-expanding. Scientists are constantly digging up evidence to support their claims. The same could be said about the Theory of Relativity. The more phenomonon uncovered related to it, the more things that can be added to it.

The key point here is OBSERVATIONS and TESTING using data. Creationism, in and of itself CANNOT be a scientific theory because it is not based on actual observation, but rather, passing the ideas of how Earth's organisms were created as "God did it". I swear, the next time someone brings up that creationism is real...:iconfffuuuplz:

What do you think about creationism?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconoprahwinfreyx:
OprahWinfreyX Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
God planted dinosaur bones to test our faith and/or because he's a convoluted asshole.
:iconfoxelbox:
Foxelbox Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Student Digital Artist
As long as it's not taught at schools, I don't mind. Everyone has their beliefs, and I think that everyone should be entitled to freedom on that part. A problem arises when it's fed to kids at their learning age. School subjects are made to prepare you for your future job. Not many jobs are based off creationism. Most are based on science.

I would get your aggression if this affected your life in any way, but dude. Let 'em be.
:iconmcdenis09:
McDenis09 Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
You --> [link]
:iconsaeter:
Saeter Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
I suggest anyone who really cares to understand why creationism is not real you should watch The Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism. [link]
:icontheliarwolfram:
TheLiarWolfram Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Student Filmographer
So... how can you possibly disprove the existence of a god? How can you say "there is no God who created everything," when nobody knows? Fuck, even Carl Sagan was an agnostic because he believed that, in the huge expanse of the universe, a god was possible. But he didn't know. I don't really know the answer to whether there's a god either, but I'm not an asshole about my beliefs. This is a bigoted and spiteful representation of why people don't like atheists.

Not that all atheists are bad. Not even a lot of them. But you, my dear, are an example of an atheist I want nothing to do with.
:iconvictorianexcentric:
VictorianExcentric Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Hi,

this little graph may help you clarify the situation, [link]

The vast majority of atheists I have met are agnostic atheists...interestingly most theist I have met are also agnostic theists (they accept they can't know for sure, they chose to believe). I know of very few gnostic theist or atheist.

A case could be made that for _specific_ gods from _specific_ religions (Baal, Elohim, Zeus, Jupiter), we find many gnostic atheist (even among people who are otherwise theists), since those gods/religion make specific claims that can be falsified. But when it comes to a generic form of deism, I have met extraordinarily few people claiming to be gnostic. However, gnostics tend to be an annoyingly vocal and obnoxious breed, on both sides of the argument.

VE.
:iconbobcat303:
bobcat303 Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Peoples' beliefs are not your business. Don't you have things to do?
:iconsmkiller:
Smkiller Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Hobbyist
When the people try to force those beliefs on others as if they're fact, then it becomes our business.
:iconbobcat303:
bobcat303 Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I think you're doing just the same thing.
:iconsmkiller:
Smkiller Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Hobbyist
Promoting facts isn't exactly the same as forcing beliefs. Nice try though.
Add a Comment: