In your core argument you show that God as a premise is bunk. Furthermore, as a concept evil is a founding principle of the morality the bible lays down is also bunk, therefore if the statement The bible is fictional can be construed to be true, the premises inside the bible can also be said to be fictitious in nature. Sure good fiction is based on truth, however, the idea of evil is a foundation on heaven and what goes against god's will.
Evil is synonymous with being bad.
So to say the world would be better is introducing a concept that flows against your entire structured diatribe.
Better how? There is No Evil!
1) Freewill - Every creature on this planet has freewill, we all strive to survive, therefore when bacteria infest us they are not bad. They are fighting to survive, and evolve strengths against our immune system so that they can slowly feeding off us evolve and move on. Some have learned to live in our gut without ever being affected by the immune system and some are lethal to us.
2) Suffering makes us stronger. - Evolution, based on circumstances. If a race is not intelligent enough to make their situation more hospitable then their lineage is forced to adapt to survive. Sure you can say a lot of people die in Africa but a lot more are born, they have adapted to death. One could say they are evolving at a rapid rate to cope with the climate.
3) God's will - 1)Freewill (Reinforced)
4) Mysterious Ways - 2)(Counterpart) to suffering makes us stronger.
5) Suffering on earth - 2) (Counterpart) In this argument - It is shown that not everyone believes in heaven, God putting an end to evil, via a flood... This just shows that god is unfairly biased towards fish. This is the first point that heaven is a ridiculous notion, as a result so is hell, and the criteria to enter each.
6) - 5) Furthers the concept of Hell as ludicrous
7) The definition of evil, Showing that we define the terms... Sure we do it differently to God but a name is a name it's the morality equation.
8) Evil the absence of good, redefining the term without solving the constructed morality equation.
9) Bunking the premise that immorality is a factor of why we are here. Furthermore showing immorality is a flawed concept and that Evil is ridiculous.
10) Showing that Evil is intrinsically in the bible alone.
11) Stating in short - to rely on God to fix our problems is Illogical as he doesn't exist.
So there is no god and there are no Evil's just motivation and evolution.
Welcome to the world you live in.
Lets look at a few evils shall we with this new premis and see if they fit...
Murder and Rape - There is always a motivation on an evolutionary stance. Murder allows less competition and a higher chance of ones own lineage to prosper. Lions often kill the children of a rival alpha male to then rape the lioness to have their own offspring. To say that the act of rape is intrinsically evil when the result is life is backward. If anything rape was the driving force of mankinds evolution for millennia and still is for many species to this day.
Arson - The idea that fire is evil is flawed as fire has no free will, a person setting fires for pleasure has a motivation. Property is a construct of the human mind, also, it is founded in the bible under stealing a loaf of bread. To say a living being is property is human in nature - Pets However the idea of property is also rediculous.
Theft - As with arson the idea of property is human in nature you cannot steal what never belonged to you, when you die your body is just a physical arrangement of atoms that housed your mind so what is there to rob when the mind is gone?
Natural large scale events, Floods Earthquakes Volcanoes Hurricanes All just killing on circumstance, if you choose to live in an area of cross winds or low/high pressure, at the foot of a mountain, near tectonic shifts and next to water then these are things you should be prepared for! If you aren't then who's fault is it that your house got washed away. It's like making a nest out of stinging nettles. Either don't do it or adapt to live in it. For example reef fish who live in sea anemones.
I could go on but as the premise suggests Evil is a construct of man written in a book. And in fact never existed in the first place.
Morals therefore are a selfish notion that need the follower to have self worth to be understood. (do unto others as they would do to YOU) This follows a construct of the Bible and adhere to the notion that evil exists and therefore is evil itself incarnate.
To be immoral cannot therefore be a bad thing in fact it is an evolutionary default.
Furthermore justification is a notion of moral reasoning
Therefore - Without the the premises in the bible the idea of having to justify ones actions to someone else is pointless. All laws of property and morality fail, as the ideas themselves are build on a faulty premise, the construct is man made.
The point isn't that God can rid us of evil.
Evil is a man made invention and the premises surrounding are also man made interpretations of reality and in fact doesn't exist.
So how can the world (A ball of moulten hot iron) be made Better? You mean to say...
We can make the world a more hospitable place for us, every other species we don't require can go the way of the do-do.
What do you think life would be like in your "evil-free" world?
What we consider evil is a reflection of the largest challenges we face in life. There are internet communities populated largely by middle-class liberal Americans who consider referring to someone by the wrong pronoun to be horrible.
I didnīt state that an omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent God would get rid of every form of suffering or hardship. But a lot of suffering in our world is basically pointless (like a baby dying from an agonizing disease or genetic defect).
Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will bring upon this city and upon all her towns all the evil that I have pronounced against it, because they have hardened their necks, that they might not hear my words...Jeremiah 45:21-23.
"Therefore thus saith the LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will bring upon Judah and upon all the inhabitants of Jerusalem all the evil that I have pronounced against them. Because I have spoken unto them, but they have not heard; and I have called unto them, but they have not answered...Jeremiah 35:17.
I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me. That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else. I form the light, and create darkness. "I make peace, and create evil." I the LORD do all these things. Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness. Let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it...Isaiah 45:5-8
Feh. A truly omnipotent God would not be like the things of this universe, borne ceaselessy forward in the stream of time so that the past would be irrevocable and the future inevitable.
For all you know, time is actually moving backwards, and all the evil deeds are being reabsorbed by the beings that commit them.
A truly omnipotent God could rewind our universe like a rented videocassete to bring us to a pristine final state where no evil deeds happened at all, and there was no suffering; he could back up the tape and reedit it, rearrange the scenes, or simply leave it paused and go to the kitchen for Cheetos.
What kind of cheap, second-rate omnipotence cannot make things unhappen?
Not much to say
about this.Just some
basic tips and
tricks for flawless
people when you
honestly find them
ellow: Watch your
friends, even if
they don't have
amazing art. It
helps you stay
updated with their
A few weeks back
while thinking about
this journal, I came
across a forum for
jobs. I left it some
time later in
There I found
posting about jobs
paying nothing, next
to nothing, or
and then paychecks
never arriving in
you browse art on dA
or Tumblr, you've
probably seen these
exactly is a
come in multiple
triggersA person who
has experienced a
isn't just limited
find that a
How To UseThe human
whose name is
written in this note
shall die.This note
will not take effect
unless the writer
has the person's
face in their mind
when writing his/her
people sharing the
same name will not
be affected.If the
cause of death is
written within the
next 40 seconds...