Closed to new replies
November 27, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 57

Video about a man that went to heaven and back

:iconkiliaarts:
KiliaArts Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Student Digital Artist
[link] Please do Not start spamming this forum post with bad and negative things.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconearthtalon:
Earthtalon Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Student Digital Artist
There is an interesting case where the man's brain actually shut down and yet he recounted the tale after he woke up from his 8 day coma-ish state.
:iconblack-allison:
Black-Allison Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
I once got a papercut once and god kissed it better.
:iconredmarlin:
redmarlin Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
Yahoo news :roll:
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
Allow me to shoot down anyone who wishes to make a thread about the afterlife based on NDE.

ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE IS NOT A VALID REPLACEMENT FOR INVESTIGATION.
:iconbullet-magnet:
Bullet-Magnet Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
Since he didn't die, his views on the afterlife are no more valid than anyone else's.
:iconda1withdalongestname:
Well, the idea of afterlife is old & commonly accepted in my country, I have 2 reactions really

1) Good, now you can finally understand
2) I don't really believe it though, because the stories are different from 1 to another from people to people

Here, I'll share stories of afterlife told by people who been there in this country, they are being dragged by 2 giant people with red skins to the void. I'd say it depends on the religion the person believes.

Also, to be scientific, it is a well known fact among the scientist themselves that none of them have the full knowledge how the brain works. I also heard coma stories with something like this as well. The man said he was in a coma, I will not say I don't believe him, I'll just say maybe there's a possibility his brain can still work at the time despite having those things messed up his brain. The doctors also believed you can't feel anything while in it, yet many people claimed they were conscious all along & suffered great pain.

After all, it's an interesting story nonetheless.
:iconlytrigian:
Lytrigian Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
It ought to mean something to those who think NDEs are real, that people generally experience what they've been culturally conditioned to experience.
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
Lots of people have claimed that. I've heard it personally from people with near-death experiences.

Scientifically, as the brain shuts down it starts firing neurons randomly, which can create these visions.

In the occult world it would be more likely to be interpreted as your spirit leaving your body briefly, as in a trance or astral projection.
:iconwolfyspice:
WolfySpice Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Okay, allow me to post something light-hearted:

:lmao:
Guys I don't want to be made into the bad person I just posted a video for people who were interested nothing more nothing less. Yes I am a Christian but it didn't mean I want to be mean to everyone or anyone... So please don't think of be as a bad person...
:iconliberi89:
liberi89 Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
I wouldn't worry, sensible people won't think you're a bad person just for posting a video. Forums are for discussion and debate, it's only natural for there to be critique and disagreements.
:iconsahidenethare:
SahidenEthare Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012   Writer
No one will think of you as a bad person. :lol: This is a forum for discussion, so there will be discussions. There are no ill feelings involved.
:icondavidfielding3832:
davidfielding3832 Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Professional Writer
Oh hai, I'm just just here to spread teh negahtivz around.
:iconkalinka-shadows:
Kalinka-Shadows Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
This has to be one of the less intelligent posts I have seen in a while to this forum, maybe there should be a rule that your thread cannot be just some link to some stupid Youtube video.
Why is that?

Its a video on a different site not YouTube.

*sigh*
:iconkalinka-shadows:
Kalinka-Shadows Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
Point: Your arguement cannot be just pointing to some off site source. If you have a question or topic of discussion, come up with it on your own.
Reason why I just posted the video is because I did not wish for any argument
:iconenuocale:
EnuoCale Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Didn't we just have this thread.
:icontoyskunk:
ToySkunk Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Professional General Artist
Don't we always have this thread, in some form or other?
??
:iconkell0x:
Kell0x Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Student General Artist
I am sorry but I think you need more context to start such a thread. Like why not ask people on the forum what their experience is with heaven and death? or make a topic for people who had a near-death experience. Anyone can make a video claiming they went to heaven and back it isn't proof that heaven exist and it doesn't start up a topic really well. Personally I don't believe it. I'm an Atheist.

This is not to be negative or spam bad comments.
Im all for peoples ideas.

But one thing Why atheist? Its kinda true to be an Athiest there has to be a God as without a God there wont be Atheists.

and Reason why is because I was about to move of the Pc to my mobile XD.

Its proof when all the videos and testimonies about heaven are the same.

Also people shouldnt need proof to believe but need faith :) faith is what counts.
By that logic, in order for there to be an unbeliever of the giant winged sky-saucepan, there has to be a giant winged sky-saucepan.
Well there might be but I have never heard of one. xD
So if you hadn't heard of god... would you believe in him?
that's something that I will never know. If I wasn't bought up in a christian family but heard of him other ways maybe I would. Thinking of it I wouldn't want life anyother way
I'm glad you're happy with your life. However, I still don't understand your point about "Its kinda true to be an Athiest there has to be a God as without a God there wont be Atheists", which is why I originally commented.
Okay so with atheists they do not believe there is a God but for them not to believe that there gas to be something there origionally to make them not believe
(2 Replies)
:iconliberi89:
liberi89 Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
"Its kinda true to be an Athiest there has to be a God as without a God there wont be Atheists."

LMAO, this one is definitely a keeper. Just out of curiosity... Are you an Atheist of the Greek Pantheon?
Okay you can laugh about it but at the end of time you won't be laughing too much

And the what?
According to my Gods you'll be thrown down to the center of the earth and savaged by three headed dogs.
Implying people are going to Hell and then mocking said person for it, is pretty disturbing and it doesn't give you're religion a good expression.

The person had a good point and it flew over your head,
I wasn't implying that and you wouldn't have ended up with such a reply if you didn't say what you did.

Hey look I didn't start this thread as an argument so please... Don't think I did. I don't want to mock anyone its the last thing I want to do.
you told the person he won't be laughing in the end. To me that is indeed implying something there. Maybe you had a poor choice of words? Sorry it did make it like you were implying that.

You did made an arguement/point and people are going to comment on that,
I accept people are going to comment. But idk

Don't be sorry maybe I did write it wrong in a way :shrug:
No I think you are sadly mistaken what it is to be an Atheist. An Atheist does not believe in any sort of Deity. :) So we don't believe without God there wont be an atheist. We just believe it doesn't exist and some people do believe in a deity. xD

That's good for you but to me there is too much proof that there isn't a deity. I think a lot of these videos and testimonies are created for a different reason. IMO its based on people's fear of death and emptiness of life. ( which is why they use religion to fill that void and convince themself so much by claiming things like that.) Or it's based on people's loyalty to nostalgia. Faith is a part of their upbringing their childhood and a subject that bonds their family. It's not something people went to let go of.
That's my two cents.
Hmm what's your proof?.

There has been many athiest and scientists alike trying to prove God didn't exist only to prove themselves wrong.

I myself don't need the proof. I feel his love all the time and have had him speak to me. I had also seen healings in the church.

Yes for some people they only believe because their. Parents believe. But it should be a free will. I believe because its a personal comitment. And to be a christian is to have a personal relationship with God. Like you would with a friend or family.

Yes but to not believe in something there has to be that something there.

People who believe in Christ don't need to fear death. Intact people who came back from heaven didn't want to leave. There has also been people who went to hell and back.
A scientist would never try and prove a negative. A scientist would state that the burden of evidence lies on those who make the assertions... Meaning you.
You just proved me right here xD YOU just said people who believe in Christ don't need to fear death. That was my whole point. I think in cases of religion like Christianity it's a object used to remove the human's fear of death because they believe they will go to heaven. It's a very wishful thinking idea. I don't believe in a person relationship with God because I don't think it exist. I think it's just a religion.

I have seen lies corruption crimes and hate committed in and by the church. Bad and good stuff happens with relligion don't forget that,
:iconsahidenethare:
SahidenEthare Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012   Writer
And yet, it's a lie, because they still fear death anyway. They just say otherwise, but fear of death is an irrational fear which lies at the basis of all life.
How have they proved themselves wrong? They may not have proved themselves right but it doesn't mean they've proved themselves wrong.
It was a while ago that I read it. But it was something about the creation and a few other thing.
They gave up and became christian.
What a rubbish piece of anecdotal 'evidence' that was. But no, there is no proof that god exists - and no proof he doesn't, either. If someone gives up on one point of view and changes their mind, and yet no proof has emerged either way, it is merely their perceptions that have changed, not the verity of their hypothesis.
Rubbish? Its better to believe and find out its wrong than to not and find out its all true.

One thing why as a non christian do you bother about looking at threds like these?
(2 Replies)
Add a Comment: