November 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 78

If Heaven was real.....

:iconadelaidejohn1967:
Adelaidejohn1967 Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
How would people react?

And how would the beings there react to mere mortals being so clever as to find a way there?

Ok for just a moment put away your prejudices and biases..... Suppose in some way, say using wormholes or such science found a way to a place that they find later is "heaven" and people actually go there with tools and instruments gathering data and such.......

How would you react if such an absurdity were in fact proven to be a real place?

And more to the point what happens to our brave people who venture there? Would this piss god off?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkightster:
I don't think I would give a fuck. Sure, I would accept that it exists,
but I'd carry on as normal since I have no need for an afterlife.
:icondraconicparagon:
DraconicParagon Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Not trying to step on anyone's toes here, since this is a discussion I want to discuss, not have people rant or rave at me, this is just my opinion and I want to contribute to the conversation:

I think it would only happen if God let it happen, think Chronicles of Narnia.

Also, there are these universal laws in place that literally stop unclean things from being in the presence of God, so it would be impossible for people to reach heaven without having been cleansed first, thus the Atonement of Christ.

HOWEVER, lets not forget about the spirit world (the waiting period before judgment). What if they somehow found a way to enter the spirit world, no? And came back with data and whatnot. THAT would be cool!
Adelaidejohn1967 Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Now that would be super cool....... And we'd have to be careful our portal doesn't let them come into the real world.
:icondraconicparagon:
DraconicParagon Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yeah, no telling what would happen then!
:iconwhiskyomega:
WhiskyOmega Nov 28, 2012  Professional General Artist
I think that finding a physical "Heaven" out there in the many dimensions of the cosmos, the vast majority of society would become religious even more then it is today because there would be physical proof it existed.

However, upon finding it, then I think Humanity would realize finding our Creator would also be physically possible.
Adelaidejohn1967 Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
A bit like Prometheus, finding our creator and hoping he or she won't tear our head off if we insult them.
:iconearthtalon:
Earthtalon Nov 27, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I would wonder what went on in there. Like, is there like, houses? Can I make my favorite work of fiction real?
:iconkillianseraphim:
KillianSeraphim Nov 26, 2012  Student General Artist
You're assuming heaven is a physical place that can be reached by technology. In this case, I would have to refer you to C.S.Lewis' "The Magician's Nephew" for my response.

If this were the case, even if they made it to "heaven", from what I gather, they wouldn't be able to get in, seeing as how it is a walled city. Angels I don't think would mind, considering God called us His children. And considering God has been taking people there for visits quite regularly, at least in my crowd of Christians, I don't think it would bother Him that much either.

Thus, my conclusion: only a Christian scientist would be able to complete such a feat. Say what you want about how paradoxical that is. They do exist.
:iconlytrigian:
Lytrigian Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Where does it say that heaven is a walled city?
:iconkillianseraphim:
KillianSeraphim Nov 26, 2012  Student General Artist
I believe it was Revelations (which I haven't read in a while, by the way.) I do remember it saying that there were gates.
Add a Comment: