November 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 78

If Heaven was real.....

:iconadelaidejohn1967:
Adelaidejohn1967 Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
How would people react?

And how would the beings there react to mere mortals being so clever as to find a way there?

Ok for just a moment put away your prejudices and biases..... Suppose in some way, say using wormholes or such science found a way to a place that they find later is "heaven" and people actually go there with tools and instruments gathering data and such.......

How would you react if such an absurdity were in fact proven to be a real place?

And more to the point what happens to our brave people who venture there? Would this piss god off?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconknightster:
Knightster Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
I don't think I would give a fuck. Sure, I would accept that it exists,
but I'd carry on as normal since I have no need for an afterlife.
:icondraconicparagon:
DraconicParagon Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Not trying to step on anyone's toes here, since this is a discussion I want to discuss, not have people rant or rave at me, this is just my opinion and I want to contribute to the conversation:

I think it would only happen if God let it happen, think Chronicles of Narnia.

Also, there are these universal laws in place that literally stop unclean things from being in the presence of God, so it would be impossible for people to reach heaven without having been cleansed first, thus the Atonement of Christ.

HOWEVER, lets not forget about the spirit world (the waiting period before judgment). What if they somehow found a way to enter the spirit world, no? And came back with data and whatnot. THAT would be cool!
Adelaidejohn1967 Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Now that would be super cool....... And we'd have to be careful our portal doesn't let them come into the real world.
:icondraconicparagon:
DraconicParagon Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yeah, no telling what would happen then!
:iconwhiskyomega:
WhiskyOmega Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Professional General Artist
I think that finding a physical "Heaven" out there in the many dimensions of the cosmos, the vast majority of society would become religious even more then it is today because there would be physical proof it existed.

However, upon finding it, then I think Humanity would realize finding our Creator would also be physically possible.
A bit like Prometheus, finding our creator and hoping he or she won't tear our head off if we insult them.
:iconearthtalon:
Earthtalon Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I would wonder what went on in there. Like, is there like, houses? Can I make my favorite work of fiction real?
:iconkillianseraphim:
KillianSeraphim Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Student General Artist
You're assuming heaven is a physical place that can be reached by technology. In this case, I would have to refer you to C.S.Lewis' "The Magician's Nephew" for my response.

If this were the case, even if they made it to "heaven", from what I gather, they wouldn't be able to get in, seeing as how it is a walled city. Angels I don't think would mind, considering God called us His children. And considering God has been taking people there for visits quite regularly, at least in my crowd of Christians, I don't think it would bother Him that much either.

Thus, my conclusion: only a Christian scientist would be able to complete such a feat. Say what you want about how paradoxical that is. They do exist.
:iconlytrigian:
Lytrigian Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Where does it say that heaven is a walled city?
:iconkillianseraphim:
KillianSeraphim Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Student General Artist
I believe it was Revelations (which I haven't read in a while, by the way.) I do remember it saying that there were gates.
Besides, Revelation is figurative, not literal.
That was the New Jerusalem as it descended from God onto the new Earth. It's part of the new creation that's not supposed to come into being until after the Second Coming. Heaven itself isn't described in any detail that I recall, and I don't think there's any mention of gates.
A real *physical* place?

First thing, I'd have to take back most of the nasty things I've said about Mormonism over the years, that being the only major church I know of that physically locates God somewhere.
Adelaidejohn1967 Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Don't the Mormons think Jesus came from another planet? So another dimension isn't that far fetched I would imagine.
Lytrigian Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Another dimension or another planet, physical is physical.
:iconblack-allison:
Black-Allison Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
Send a Rover.
:iconbullet-magnet:
Bullet-Magnet Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
I would hope to send more scientists there to study it, but they might not come back.
:icontdroid:
tdroid Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
My first reaction would be "Really?" with a slightly higher pitch in my voice than usual as a look at whomever proved it with my head leaning slightly to the right. Then I would say "What do you know, I was wrong, there it is."

Then some religious people would start their campains and I would have to explain over and over to some folk I know that I was still in the right to not believe it existed before this happened, because there were no evidence for it. And I'd probably use the situation to flip it on them and say that at least I didn't take it on faith.
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
Heaven sounds like it would be an absurdley boring place
:iconleavethegreen:
leavethegreen Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
If heaven was real.. Well, that's a good question. I think that if heaven was real then more and more people would believe in Christ and would be Christians in no time. But the thing is, if heaven wasn't real then how will people react? I can just answer the question by just saying that "The Heaven is where you find your balance"
:iconcouchycreature:
CouchyCreature Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
heaven is not just a christian invention. Most faiths and creeds have talked about a place where you go when you die because they cannot bear the idea that we just end.

:iconleavethegreen:
leavethegreen Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
It sure isn't a christian invention. I just refered to them because there are such a lot of Christians (in my Country)
:iconrayne-gallows:
rayne-gallows Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
If the moon was made out of spare ribs would you eat it then? It's a simple question!
Adelaidejohn1967 Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Only if it were covered in gravy
:iconcommandereve:
CommanderEVE Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Student General Artist
I know someone who use to be a hardcore atheist, he then had a fatal problem (I cannot remember what was wrong with him.) and he was officially classed as dead, his death certificate was signed. But then he somehow woke up and said that he had seen Heaven, he said that there where in fact golden gates and clouds and a golden shining light which he thought was the God surrounded by his angles. But now he is a believer.
:iconblack-allison:
Black-Allison Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
I've heard of people who 'died' and saw Buddha. He probably came from a western culture. If you were to ask we to conceptualize heaven, I would conceptualize it in the western cultural way in which I have been conditioned to envision it as.

Also you know what, I don't recall anywhere in the Bible that says there are fucking clouds in heaven, and I want him to describe these angels. Did he see angels as they are described in the Bible and Torah (with lion heads, multiple arms, and wings of eagles) or did he see it as they are described by lineages of Romanesque based artists in Europe (chubby, wearing togas, and flowing hair).

Because if there is a Christianic heaven, I expect to see freaky lion headed, goat hooved, chimeras with flaming swords, not fucking Renaissance paintings on clouds.
:iconkinoc-kun:
Kinoc-Kun Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
That sounds cool. Lol
He said that he saw angles with 6 wings. Although, I was only 13 when he told me and he told me briefly as I was perplexed by it at that age.
:iconcouchycreature:
CouchyCreature Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
" freaky lion headed, goat hooved, chimeras with flaming swords" :) :thumbsup:
NDE.....Near Death Experience.

It's hard to disprove, and hard to prove but amazing what the brain can conccoct when it's deprived of oxygen.... Then it also also depends on how long they were actually dead. Clinically dead or just gone for a minute or two?
:iconkinoc-kun:
Kinoc-Kun Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I've had a NDE, really weird.
Would you be confident sharing about it?
:iconkaikaku:
kaikaku Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Wait, so you almost died?
I actually heard a NDE with heaven when the guy's brain was shut down. Really weird...
What you had an NDE?
Nope. But this other guy did.
Oh ok.
He was gone a while I guess since his death certificate was signed was signed. I heard it was like 10 - 30 minutes. Yes, the brain has a tendency to fill in what parts it cannot make sense out of.
30 minutes is impressive with no injury to the brain
CommanderEVE Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Student General Artist
It is.
:iconcrimsonmagpie:
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
We'd probably nuke it.
Or look for oil :)
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Or make a reality TV show out of it. :stare:
SURVIVOR XXXIIII "HEAVEN"
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
"THERE ARE NO SURVIVORS"
Yeah. Sadly. And what is even sadder we will never learn, even if it is too late.
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Or, we'd end up mass-killing people to see if we could find them later in this heaven. Some people would try to bring historical figures back to Earth, and general chaos would ensue. :la:
CommanderEVE Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Student General Artist
Oh gawd. That would be madness.

Which historic figure would you bring back from the dead? :meow:
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Miles Davis, definitely Miles Davis. :nod:
CommanderEVE Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Student General Artist
Nice. Although, I have to Google him. As for me, I am not sure.
Add a Comment: