Closed to new replies
November 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 96

Does God fear what he/she created?

:iconadelaidejohn1967:
Adelaidejohn1967 Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Well according to that really fun book called the Bible humans spoke one language, and then came the tower of Babel where someone wanted to build a huge tower to the heavens.

God wasn't too thrilled at that, and yet he says how clever we humans are that we can work together, yet out of either fear or spite then scrambles our spoken language so that we all now speak different languages.......

Did he/she do this out of spite or fear that we would one day become as smart or like gods ourselves if we continued to work together?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsvenovic:
Svenovic Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I don't know about humanity, but he should definitely fear Batman.
:iconggordons:
GGordonS Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
It has never worked for me to judge my fellow man. Every time a judgmental thought comes into my head it isolates me from the rest of humanity. This problem occurs hundreds of times a day, and builds me up and up and up. Then the truth smashes my tower of self righteousness and knocks me on my ass. It is my fault that I experience the pain that comes with this fall, because I was the one putting myself on the pedestal. No one can understand what I'm saying because I'm babbling from the position that I am better than everyone else. No one can work together in a situation like this, this is why my relationships crumble. God help us all.
God is beyond petty fear and spite.
:iconsaeter:
Saeter Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
If he's capable of jealousy and rage why not fear?
These are all just words, they are applicable to God only as allegory, and then are often misinterpreted. God is beyond words, emotions and our own faulty minds.
:iconsaeter:
Saeter Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
I'd have to assume you are speaking of a nebulous force or universal consciousness rather than the biblical interpretation. Because the description of God in the bible IS that of a petty jealous, narcissit with a genocidal temper. Who is willing to torture people forever for so much as not believing in the bible or anyone pushing it.
No.
:icontdroid:
tdroid Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
If you look at the things God did in that book, you'll see that we are closing in on being able to match him, so I'd say yes. Things like turning water into wine and holding the sun still in the sky is beyond us, for now, but fire from the skies, destroying cities in seconds and make thundering voices come from the skies are rather easy for us.
:iconhotelchelseanights:
HotelChelseaNights Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
Sir Humphrey Dumpty fell of the wall from laughter, poor Humpty could not be put back together again.
Civilizations grew out of many spots, that's why there are different languages.
Not all babies first words are Mama, Papa.
To answer the question it was pure spite, me and the GOD dude were discussing it at poker last night.
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
God is a monster.
Add a Comment: